test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Progress Token Weekend! Question

bigmufubigmufu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Do we still need to participate if we already own "ALL" C-store ships?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Odds are we're gonna have another C-Store ship by the time we get enough of those tokens.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    bigmufu wrote: »

Pointless humblebrag?

You don't need to participate in any event, ever.

Play if you want to, don't if you don't.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Yes, it's one thing to own all the ships but it's another to own all the ships AND have the potential to buy another. Keep in mind: if you ever use the token then someone who hasn't will be able to say they own more than you. So, now your task is to accumulate as many unused T6 vouchers as possible.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    With the talk of them allowing lower tier ships the ability to upgrade to T6, that token may come in handy later on.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    With the talk of them allowing lower tier ships the ability to upgrade to T6, that token may come in handy later on.

Hmm, I think you might have misread that:

- There will be new T6 versions of most/all canon ships
    - These new ships will be leveling ships that can be used as soon as you finish the tutorial

As far as I know it's just players who have asked for or demanded a way to upgrade their existing owned T1 - T5 versions of ships into the new T6 versions, preferably for free (because reasons).

Of course there will be a way to "upgrade," but it's by buying the new T6 version.

As far as I know it's just players who have asked for or demanded a way to upgrade their existing owned T1 - T5 versions of ships into the new T6 versions, preferably for free (because reasons).

Of course there will be a way to "upgrade," but it's by buying the new T6 version.

Also reiterated on Ten Forward weekly today, T6 ship scaling is coming (see. roadmap) but this isn't going to make all ships scale to T6. It's -existing- T6 ships that will scale down to T1 for use while leveling. What to do with T1-T5 is something they're still working on but the answer won't be "Get rid of them." They still have a place in the game.

Incidentally, this applies to the free ship tokens from the next TFO's as they'll only be able to claim T6 ships. T1-T5 are (at the moment) exempt.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    How are we going to get 3000 tokens in 21 days, if the 1st weekend only allows 400, and the next 17 days x 50 yield another 850? That's not even half the number supposedly required, as opposed to the 14-day payout normally seen in a 3-week event...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    edited April 2019
    How are we going to get 3000 tokens in 21 days, if the 1st weekend only allows 400, and the next 17 days x 50 yield another 850? That's not even half the number supposedly required, as opposed to the 14-day payout normally seen in a 3-week event...

It's over 3 Featured TFO's, not one. If you participate during one weekend and play through from there you get 900 thingies. Over the three (with normal completion) that gives 2,700. The difference can be made up with additional days played beyond 14. Ie. two per TFO (6*50=300 thingies). This is assuming only one bonus weekend during each FTFO. Cryptic could run more, particularly if they're looking at the data and seeing that the population is falling short towards the end.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Now you know why there hasn't been a T6 Nova/Rhode Island or Oberth. They have been waiting to release them as Scaling T6s and the technology for that is just coming into place. ;)
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Now you know why there hasn't been a T6 Rhode Island or Oberth. They have been waiting to release them as Scaling T6s and the technology for that is just coming into place. ;)

But what about the Nova?

As for the OP's question: I ran an experiment once, and multiple times since: I skipped an event and didn't get the thingy.

I am still alive, I am still allowed logging into STO and had nothing taken away from me. My computer is getting a bit wonky at times though, so you may want to calculate the risks carefully.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Rhode Island is a Nova Refit so sure throw the Nova in there as well. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bigmufubigmufu Member Posts: 7 Arc User

It's over 3 Featured TFO's, not one. If you participate during one weekend and play through from there you get 900 thingies. Over the three (with normal completion) that gives 2,700. The difference can be made up with additional days played beyond 14. Ie. two per TFO (6*50=300 thingies). This is assuming only one bonus weekend during each FTFO. Cryptic could run more, particularly if they're looking at the data and seeing that the population is falling short towards the end.

OHHHH HEEEECK NO! That's way too much time for a ship. You seem good at math so do this. How much is your time worth? Multiply by the hour of the amount needed to get these "thingies". It's cheaper just to pay for a new ship. I am glad you told me this. Thank you.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I don't think you know what "cheaper" means if you think $25-30 is cheaper than $0...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    He's calculating what his time would be worth by playing for it vs buying it outright.

Personally, I like free. And these TFOs only take a few minutes each day.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I will do what is needed to get this free T6 ship, I do hope it is worth the effort but not knowing either way I will run the tfo's as needed
    edited April 2019

OHHHH HEEEECK NO! That's way too much time for a ship. You seem good at math so do this. How much is your time worth? Multiply by the hour of the amount needed to get these "thingies". Thank you. It's cheaper just to pay for a new ship. I am glad you told me this.

The rate follows: 1 TFO run (~15 minutes) per 50 to 100 thingies. For 3,000 thingies per T6 ship, the conversion rate to a monetized resource is 1 thingy to 1 zen. Per the exchange rate (337 last I saw, dil to zen), the payout of a TFO (or analogous ~15 minute activity) would need to be 16,850 dilithium to equal what we're getting from the base rate (50 thingies per run -> 50*337) of the event; 33,700 dilithium per TFO run for bonus weekends.

Add this to normal earnings.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    OHHHH HEEEECK NO! That's way too much time for a ship. You seem good at math so do this. How much is your time worth? Multiply by the hour of the amount needed to get these "thingies". It's cheaper just to pay for a new ship. I am glad you told me this. Thank you.

I see it a different way, and thus calculate differently:

There are three TFOs upcoming with the usual TFO reward (unique item, marks, dil)
    Odds are, though not guaranteed, I will play them at least on one toon for the unique unlock.
    Bonus weekend included, I'll get (4*100+10*50) 900 thingies per 14 TFO runs that I'll probably do anyway, that means 2700 thingies all in all.

So I am missing 300 thingies equivalent to 6 TFO runs.

6 TFO runs for a T6 ship of my choice doesn't sound too bad. That's roughly 90 minutes, even less than summer or winter ships.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    xyquarze wrote: »

I see it a different way, and thus calculate differently:

There are three TFOs upcoming with the usual TFO reward (unique item, marks, dil)
    Odds are, though not guaranteed, I will play them at least on one toon for the unique unlock.
    Bonus weekend included, I'll get (4*100+10*50) 900 thingies per 14 TFO runs that I'll probably do anyway, that means 2700 thingies all in all.

So I am missing 300 thingies equivalent to 6 TFO runs.

6 TFO runs for a T6 ship of my choice doesn't sound too bad. That's roughly 90 minutes, even less than summer or winter ships.

Exactly. If you want the TFO shinies you'll be 90% of the way to a free $30 ship just by doing what you were already going to do anyway.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    On top of that... we don't know how often they're gonna schedule these bonus token weekend/event things. So at most you might only have to run 2 of the Featured TFO events. And if one happens to be, say Crystalline, that's not even 15 minutes. More like about 5. Used to be seconds due to power creep.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This is pretty much the epitome of good F2P design. Those who want to play the game get to earn their reward, and those who want to spend money get to buy it. Everybody wins.
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    This is pretty much the epitome of good F2P design. Those who want to play the game get to earn their reward, and those who want to spend money get to buy it. Everybody wins.
    Well, not sure about how I feel about the grind. I did the last event with 6 chars and got 50.000 dilithium on each plus the jacket. Now I can do it with 8 chars and get 50.000 dilithium with each too. Its just it takes some time to get through all chars. But in the end I can only claim the primary reward once. And then I can either get a ship for one faction or one (suboptimal) ship for all chars.

Not sure what to feel.
    zarasz wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Well, not sure about how I feel about the grind. I did the last event with 6 chars and got 50.000 dilithium on each plus the jacket. Now I can do it with 8 chars and get 50.000 dilithium with each too. Its just it takes some time to get through all chars. But in the end I can only claim the primary reward once. And then I can either get a ship for one faction or one (suboptimal) ship for all chars.

Not sure what to feel.

The proper emotional response to being given a free account-unlocked $30 ship of your choice is: gratitude

Wanting 15 free $30 ships? Entitlement.
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So is it 100 or is it 50?

Quoted from the page

It’s time for a Bonus Coupon Progress Token weekend! Playing the Featured Task Force Operation, ‘Operation Riposte’, from April 18th at 8am PT to April 22nd at 10am PT, will earn you 100 Coupon Progress Tokens per day! You can apply these Tokens to your progress towards unlocking a Tier 6 ship of your choice! For more details on this new system, read below.

We’re debuting a brand new system for Star Trek Online. Earn progress toward a Free Ship by participating each day in the Featured TFO Events that will be running from now until Fall of 2019. By playing these three Events, you can earn Coupon Progress Tokens each day, allowing you to eventually claim a '100% Discount Coupon: Tier 6 Ship' that will allow you claim a free Tier 6 Starship of your choice from the Zen Store.

When you play the 'Operation Riposte' Featured TFO Event, once per day, you will receive 50 Coupon Progress Tokens. Progress will be rewarded across your entire account, so you need only participate once per day to max out your potential progress. Keep an eye out for Featured Event Coupon Bonus Days, which will double any progress that you earn while they are active! After you've earned a total of 3000 Coupon Progress Tokens, head to the Reputation menu to claim your prize.
    50 is the normal reward, 100 is the double fun weekend reward.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User

Aahhh...Thanks for clearing that up...nothing was mentioned about the next two FTFO's, except that somehow, it all rolls up in the fall of 2019. Apparently they are making things up as they go, with no real planning. So Cryptic gives us a cookie for each FTFO to keep us interested, and try to make the game "sticky" with an interminable string of badly executed queues for the promised "free" ship. Good luck with that!

Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013

Hmmm, my math:
    400 the first day
    50 for each of the next 13 days
    100 for each of the remaining 7 days

400+650+700=1750 per event.
    3 events
    Is that correct ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited April 2019
    Hmmm, my math:
    400 the first day

100 for each day of the bonus weekend (4)
    50 for each day that's not a bonus weekend (?)

If we assume there's only going to be the one per event:
    100*4 = 400 for bonus
    50*10 = 500 for normal runs

That's 900 per TFO.

2,700 total, 300 short of 3,000. 300/50 = 6 extra runs across 3 TFOs, so 2 extra per for guaranteed run at the ship (otherwise you're relying on Cryptic running more than one bonus weekend for a couple TFO's.) TBH I expect that Cryptic will be running two bonus weekends per event (otherwise they're more or less demanding that folks play on a specific weekend each month in order to participate) but that's not yet been confirmed (so, plan for 1 to be on the safe side.)
    Hmmm, my math:
    400 the first day

100*4 = 400 for bonus

That's 900 per TFO.

2,700 total, 300 short of 3,000. 300/50 = 6 extra runs across 3 TFOs, so 2 extra per for guaranteed run at the ship (otherwise you're relying on Cryptic running more than one bonus weekend for a couple TFO's.) TBH I expect that Cryptic will be running two bonus weekends per event (otherwise they're more or less demanding that folks play on a specific weekend each month in order to participate) but that's not yet been confirmed (so, plan for 1 to be on the safe side.)

My bad, I thought the first day was 400 like every other event kickoff day.
    Also, arent each of the 3 events 21 days ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Hmmm, my math:
    400 the first day

100*4 = 400 for bonus

That's 900 per TFO.

Yes, 2700 is the result from catching all 4x3 = 12 double-fun days but only doing the minimum 10x3 = 30 more days needed for the 14-day projects. It's ignoring the 7 extra days per event.

Hmmm, my math:
    400 the first day

100*4 = 400 for bonus

That's 900 per TFO.

Yes, 2700 is the result from catching all 4x3 = 12 double-fun days but only doing the minimum 10x3 = 30 more days needed for the 14-day projects. It's ignoring the 7 extra days per event.

If the minimum is all thats expected from us, then there has to be another bonus weekend sometime in the event. The 10 days after the opening bonus weekend can't earn 600 coupons, and since the consoles are also account unlocks there's no need to daily farm this mission on other alts. The 7 extra days per event are strictly mark farming days, right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.