test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamma Recruit can't progress past first mission

quixoticishquixoticish Member Posts: 54 Arc User
I'm trying to play through my Gamma Recruit. He was recently deleted by mistake, and customer support kindly restored him. I'm playing through the "Cavalry" mission and it gets to the point where I have to choose Klingon or Federation as my faction. No matter which I pick, I am stuck in the mission. The game character select screen shows me as aligned with Klingon, however I can't prorgress or warp out of the map or change instance or anything. I'm stuck here. I asked a GM for help as I can't really play so thought they could assist but they told me to submit a bug report. I also don't have a Gamma Transponder, it appears to be missing. I fairly certain I did have one when I created the character way back during the Gamma Recruit event. I just haven't played him since then.

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    we get transp. after we align!!

the only solution i can think of is change chars and change back again
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    This sounds like an issue I had when the expansion dropped. My solution was once I picked my ally, I opened up the Transwarp window and used that to go to Earth. Everything was fine after that. I remember others having the same problem and Transwarp worked for them too.

I can't be 100% certain you are having the exact same issue, but it sure sounds like it. So go ahead and try Transwarping to Qo'nos and see if that helps at all.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    I'm afraid my Transwarp options are all greyed out. Re-logging does nothing other than eventually re-start the mission again. I'm completely and utterly stuck.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,474 Arc User
    I know this was many months ago but try again since the Gamma Recruit event will be re-run starting tomorrow after maintenance. See if you can get out of the pickle you are in now. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ambush#5204 ambush Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I hate to say it but It's a FAIL, Still got an endless loop, with no way of leaving system or starting mission again.
  • Options
    magikd4rkmagikd4rk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Oh, taking the opportunity, I have the exact issue displayed on the first post of this thread with my recently made Gamma recruit. The mission seemed to conclude and I did choose my faction, but after leaving it, it remained on my log as an active mission. Other things affected besides transwarp:

*Leaving DS9 has to be done manually by walking to the docking corridor
    *Leaving DS9's space map has to be done manually by piloting to the border of the map
    *Can't transwarp to other missions/objectives, only manual flight and sometimes auto-pilot
    *Oddly enough, tailor uniforms are updated and I can wear Fed clothes on my character - so the mission was completed but didn't budge entirely.
    *Can't change ground teams
    *Can't claim zen shop ships
    *CAN enlist federation duty and bridge officers.
    *Avaliable missions don't seem to have been affected, but I'm still investigating that myself.

I would rather not have to make a new character and delete the old one as I have already done some progress on it as is. Any fixes suggested?
  • Options
    This was never fixed for me and whenever I filed any bug reports in game I was just told "this isn't a bug, it will potentially be addressed in a future patch, please keep checking the patch notes".

I gave up and deleted the character and was delighted to see that the Gamma Recruit event was being re-run.

Deleting and starting again seems to be the only fix :(
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This was never fixed for me and whenever I filed any bug reports in game I was just told "this isn't a bug, it will potentially be addressed in a future patch, please keep checking the patch notes".

I gave up and deleted the character and was delighted to see that the Gamma Recruit event was being re-run.

Deleting and starting again seems to be the only fix :(

It is and it was during the last Gamma Recruit event. It was a bug that never got fixed.