What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote to kick option in queues

2»

Comments

• craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    craig76 wrote: »
    How do you know it will be abused? We haven't even tried it yet. And as darkblade said, it works just fine on other games.

Only leechers have a problem with vote kicking being implemented ;)....

I know it will be abused because I have played games that has it and I have yet to see it NOT get abused. So unless this player base is full of rainbows and sunshine and we have exactly ZERO trolls around, it WILL BE ABUSED.

If what you say is true, then those games have poorly implemented it in the games. There would be a million ways where the devs could implement it where it doesn't get abused.
    I will always be open to this idea. Like i said, it can only be put in the game as a trial run to see how it goes. And with any luck, it would be implemented correctly where it wont get abused.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    valoreah wrote: »
    Stop joining random TFOs and you will never have to deal with an AFKer again. Socialize, join a social fleet and team with like minded players. Simple solution that requires zero development time.

I am in my own fleet because one fleet i joined, had trolls in it, so i left and joined another, to find i couldnt buy anything unless i donated a gazillion worth of resources. So, i created my own fleet, where now, i can do what i like, and have all my toons in the 2 fleets for both factions. And not have to worry about trolls or what i have to spend to be able to buy.
    So, it does require development time. Especially when you are talking about multiple toons. Which was another reason why i created my own fleets, because no one would allow me to have all my toons in the one. They would have been scattered across different fleets.

If i had other ideas on what to try, or channels to join, i'd do it. But, seems im out of options now and thus, why i am here now!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited March 2019
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I could see an ingame AI to make the determination based upon activity read by said AI being implemented. But allowing gamers to kick someone based upon their "perceptions" of what's going on, um no. Too many of the rabid overachievers would clearly abuse this type of thing to kick whomever the hell they please. I vote no!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Cryptic makes missions that can be won by waiting out a timer -> Players win missions by waiting out the timer. It's only logical.

If you want to dictate other players' playstyles, set up a private team.
    edited March 2019
    It should be afkers setting up private games if thats all they want to do.

Implement vote to kick please.....Thank you :)​​
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited March 2019
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    and that's enough out of this. if you folks can't debate nicely then we'll have to put this one on ice. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.