What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Slot Weapons or consoles on Tier 3 Starships

2»

Comments

• buppers#8347 buppers Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Yup. 23c. Fed too. Same issue at lvl 11
  • xshdwbladex023xshdwbladex023 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I had this problem too when i got my new ship at 10, but when I hit 15 it seemed to resolve itself. so maybe try again after gaining some levels.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    (Off topic: the red thing is the fireworks item memeber reward and the other thing is another pet from the discovery starter pack)

You would think that the problem wouldn't extend to both methods of equipping but it may not the equip mechanic but the slot itself.
    I talked to someone about this yesterday in-game and it sounds like the slot is locked. The devs discussed the possibility of making ships in-game more flexible, maybe some of that code leaked live?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report.
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    > @engineerb4#4806 said:
    > Potential fix is in testing.

I hope testing is successful, and the fix is soon.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • zbindenzbinden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It is fixed. I can, again, equip the far right weapons and the console.
  • jackrostofjackrostof Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    zbinden wrote: »

Nope, still broke for me. Supposedly if you level it fixes itself, so maybe you did that, but the bug remains if you get annoyed and go play another character instead.
    zbinden wrote: »

It only "fixes" when you hit lvl 15, or 25... basically for the first five lvls of your rank you can't use your ship properly. Which isn't good. This needs fixing, along with the C-store not letting you reclaim previously purchased ships. Looks like these things broke as of the patch 10 Jan.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • spinner2009spinner2009 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah definitely still broken for me as well
  • spinner2009spinner2009 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am able to reclaim my c-store ships. So at least that works for me.
  • nick94#7698 nick94 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have heard they are aware and I hope its fixed this Thursday patch the 17th because I don't want to go into battle again with 2 for and 1 aft I need both aft weapons on my Fed toon. I am currently level 10 and picked Nova class since im science love the ship but need all weapons going in to battle I need my aft Torpedo to go with aft phaser
    Starfleet Command
    Official Rank: Fleet Admiral
    Field Rank: Captain
    Can confirm that the patch fixed the problem for me.
  • joe3871joe3871 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    This is still a problem! My son just started his own account and has reached Commander levels. He just got a K'tinga class Battle Cruiser and cannot equip in the far right slots. He has the latest patches.
    hmm... try having him gain a few levels and see what happens.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I an issue with Rear Right Weapons slot when I reached level 10 now that I reached level 20 Forward Right Weapons slot wont allow me to add a weapon ,,, thought this fixed slot issues please FIX DEVS !!! I don't like going into battle with 1 less slot
    Starfleet Command
  • joe3871joe3871 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    hmm... try having him gain a few levels and see what happens.

He's trying to slot Lt Cmmdr weapons in a T2 ship. It won't let him equip any weapon in the 4th right hand slot and the right hand device slot.
  • thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Right at level 20 I could not equip an item in the 3rd fore weapons slot (far right one) of a newly claimed t3 ship.
    I went out and hit level 21 and the problem went away.
    Perhaps this information will be in some way helpful to finding a fix.
  • ikemansikemans Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Can confirm, 20 to 21 fixes the tier 3 weapon slot issue. However still can not claim my TOS Enterprise so something is still broken.
    Devs are aware the recent update rebroke the fix they had for Weapon slots talked to someone today
    Starfleet Command
  • bobrien727bobrien727 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Well if they need help... I have an entire I.T. Department apparently just sitting around today.. smh M.I.T. grads...
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Having the same issue unable to slot consoles and weapons
  • bobrien727bobrien727 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    It cleared up as soon as I reached level 11. Idk if that was by design or a run of good luck..
    bobrien727 wrote: »
    It cleared up as soon as I reached level 11. Idk if that was by design or a run of good luck..
    The devs talked about adding level scaling tech to the level up ships. It's possible this is some sort of half-finished version of level scaling tech on leveling ships.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • stinglord62stinglord62 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just to let you know its 28 Jan. and I am still having problems with this on my level 11 toon. and this is not just one character this is 4 characters! And I have 3 or more characters yet to level yet to level 10, will there be something done about this please?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Just to let you know its 28 Jan. and I am still having problems with this on my level 11 toon. and this is not just one character this is 4 characters! And I have 3 or more characters yet to level yet to level 10, will there be something done about this please?

Try leveling up to Level 12 and see if it clears up?

And then, from what I am seeing in this thread, expect this to happen at every ship Level 10, 20, 30, 40 (uh, maybe not 40, I have not seen anyone complaining about Level 40 ships). Until it gets fixed.

I am not sure why they are doing this....are they going to start giving away Admiralty Cards? I can't believe I spent this much time and in-game resources to unlock ships for Admiralty Cards. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • captaindarius8captaindarius8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Is there a fix on this yet or an ETA??? It looks like this has been going on since the 11th and now it's the 29th! Same issue is happening with one of my new toons and I literally cannot play any missions unless this is fixed.....