test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Slot Weapons or consoles on Tier 3 Starships

pauzotoh65pauzotoh65 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I recently started leveling up a new character, and have run into a problem after reaching Commander rank. I got a tier 3 ship from the yard, but cannot slot anything in the far right slot for Foreweapons, engineering, science or tactical consoles. The other slots on the ship work, but not those. I grabbed a couple of other tier 3 ships and the same thing happened. When I click on the far right slot it says 'No items available' but the other slots popup the full list of weapons or consoles that can be slotted.I also can't drag anything into those slots. I checked and only the tier 3 ships are having that problem. I've been playing this game for eight years and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

Comments

• whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I'm also getting this issue, or something like it. Tier 2 fed cruiser. I can't put anything in the rightmost slot of the aft weapons. Also getting the "No items available" message.
  • alpha50327#8476 alpha50327 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm getting this issue also, on Tier 2 ships. Only with my newly created toon though. If I bring in the same ship on an established toon I can equip it fully without issue. It's going to be annoying to try to level up missing weapons and consoles on my ship.
  • astanyaastanya Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Girlfriend and I also both have this problem, we hit level 20 on our Romulans last night and both grabbed the Mogai Heavy Warbird. One fore weapon slot and majority of the console slots are just unusable, nothing can be equipped to them, on top of this whenever we go through a load screen, a random weapon is unequipped to inventory, it made us both stop playing for now. Relogging and file repair does not fix this issue.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Uh oh, all my Delta Recruits are at Level 12.....are flying straight into this storm.
    Does anyone have a screen shot?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mrdemonic#4772 mrdemonic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'm currently leveling a romulan character and am running into this same problem. Here's a quick screenshot of the problem. https://gyazo.com/8bc26c57b2ffd1ca323b004d2750a42d
    I'm currently leveling a romulan character and am running into this same problem. Here's a quick screenshot of the problem. https://gyazo.com/8bc26c57b2ffd1ca323b004d2750a42d

Thanks for posting this.

That is odd it would disconnect like that. I mean, the stuff in inventory should at least show up in the Quick Equip listing. But not being able to drag things in, either....double whammy. Well, I guess I wait on playing my new characters, again. I don't think I will ever get these new Delta Recruits done...

(Off Topic: What is that red thing next to the Gorilla?? And what is that Epic console on the other side of same Gorilla?)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mrdemonic#4772 mrdemonic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    (Off topic: the red thing is the fireworks item memeber reward and the other thing is another pet from the discovery starter pack)

You would think that the problem wouldn't extend to both methods of equipping but it may not the equip mechanic but the slot itself.
    Off topic: the red thing is the fireworks item memeber reward and the other thing is another pet from the discovery starter pack
    Thanks! And it explains why I never seen those icons. :)

• runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Having the same problems on my Klingon Tier2 ship.
    runebear37 wrote: »
    Having the same problems on my Klingon Tier2 ship.

Oh no...now it is really hitting home!!!

@chrian#9670 @engineerb4#4806

Heads up for this is an oddity.
    Hopefully, the Mods already pointed you guys here.

• engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the report.
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • abraxis3abraxis3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same Problem started a new toon got level 20 an any ship I get at that level has one forward weapon slot can't equip as well as one of each console slots.
  • desythe777desythe777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    pauzotoh65 wrote: »
    I recently started leveling up a new character, and have run into a problem after reaching Commander rank. I got a tier 3 ship from the yard, but cannot slot anything in the far right slot for Foreweapons, engineering, science or tactical consoles. The other slots on the ship work, but not those. I grabbed a couple of other tier 3 ships and the same thing happened. When I click on the far right slot it says 'No items available' but the other slots popup the full list of weapons or consoles that can be slotted.I also can't drag anything into those slots. I checked and only the tier 3 ships are having that problem. I've been playing this game for eight years and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

I am also having this issue with teir 3 ships.

• raz#5471 raz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can confirm same issue on newly created Fed Captain, T2 Cruiser. Both second rear weapon slot and second engineer console slot show red and won't allow placement of items.
  • desythe777desythe777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    uh oh, thanks for the report. We will look into it.

This appears to be affecting anyone that buys a new ship. My existing ships are unaffected.
  • anikus123#9210 anikus123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So it's not just me. Have the same issue with my Tier 3 federation cruiser (Excelsior advanced heavy cruiser). Character is Commander rank (level 22). Far right slots all show red and cannot be equipped.
  • spinner2009spinner2009 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have the same issue with a new Discovery Toon I have leveled to Commander (20)
    Dismissing and rebuying the ship also doesn't fix the issue.
  • yomamma34yomamma34 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This seems to be a problem for everyone buying new ships. Is there an ETA on a fix? It's game-breaking...
  • bobrien727bobrien727 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    My Klingon T2 ship was effected by the bug. I’m using the Prototype Lt Exploration Cruiser for my new Fed character, it’s been uneffected by the bug as I level up. Is this bug effecting just T2 ships or all ships from C-store and ship vendors??
    > @bobrien727 said:
    > My Klingon T2 ship was effected by the bug. I’m using the Prototype Lt Exploration Cruiser for my new Fed character, it’s been uneffected by the bug as I level up. Is this bug effecting just T2 ships or all ships from C-store and ship vendors??

yep it effects my NEW Fed an Klingon characters or if your character wasn't level 20 before this bug started your effected by it to
  • jay34516jay34516 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Got a fed and Klingon characters affected reported as bug and contacted gm no fix yet
    Try It know it seems to be working know an yes I am a insomniac LOL
    Not fixed.. sorry. Just tried on all my T2 ships.
    It’s the weekend. I don’t expect it to be fixed, not until Monday or Tuesday.. Thursdays maintenance shut down at the latest.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    This isn't big enough for emergency maintenance even if they do have a fix on Monday. So Thursday I suppose. If they can find the cause of the issue and fix it that is.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    Agreed.. it’s been my experience over my many years that if a Dev isn’t playing the game, and isn’t personally affected, or it’s not costing money.. it can wait.
  • exanguinateexanguinate Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    astanya wrote: »
    Girlfriend and I also both have this problem, we hit level 20 on our Romulans last night and both grabbed the Mogai Heavy Warbird. One fore weapon slot and majority of the console slots are just unusable, nothing can be equipped to them, on top of this whenever we go through a load screen, a random weapon is unequipped to inventory, it made us both stop playing for now. Relogging and file repair does not fix this issue.

happens to any freebie lvl20 ship as well as c-store ships, i noticed that the console/weapon slots seem to be useable again at level 25, not a solution, but it does seem to go away later, still weird and annoying tho.
  • herkherk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My Tier 1 TOS Constitution Class Cruiser both engineer console slots red for all consoles even universal. Any ideas?
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Same issue - new 25th Century Fed toon just hit lvl 10, unable to fully equip any tier 2 ship. Can only slot one aft weapon, one device, one console for each department.

Hearing this bug effects tier 3 as well... This is a major bug. Game is UNPLAYABLE until this is fixed. I've two other toons I'm leveling up as well, who are going to hit the same problem.

Not good 😶
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • bajingo1bajingo1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same problem with my tier 2 ship, can't slot the right aft weapon.