test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Recruit Re-Run / ISS Stadi Admiralty Card --> Fenix Price Pack

eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
Hello there!

I'd like to see the "Temporal Recruit" event being re-run anytime soon, because the "Delta Recruit" has already had a re-run and we recently had a new "Gamma Recruit" event. I've missed out on the original TR event, and I'd really like to get the chance to have my set gear on alt toons at a standard MK 13 Ultra-Rare handout when crafted instead of MK 12 Very Rare.

Also, it's been over two years since the I.S.S. Stadi Admiralty Card has been introduced in the Mirror Event. Could that card please make it's way to the next update of the Fenix Price Pack? The V.S.S. Tanius is a beast card, and I'd love to get the Stadi as well, I missed out on her back then.

~ Meow
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    Yea... I think it is about time the Stadi was added to the Phoenix Box. And I do think people who missed out on the first Temporal Recruit should have a shot at it again like the Delta Recruits had.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Thanks for agreeing with me. :) Maybe if we find enuff people to agree, the developers might see it and do what we want. :)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    They really should rerun the Temporal Recruiting event. The reward for it was really beneficial (MK XIII UR Gear) and not having it is a fairly sizable disadvantage.

They should let those that missed it get another shot at it.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    It was the Temporal Recruit that did that. Not Delta.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It was about 3 years between the first Delta event and the recent rerun.

If they reran temporal on a similar schedule, it would be end of summer next year before we hit the 3 year mark.

Personally, I'm in favor of an exclusivity period to reward long-term players. Just like players who were around for the Gamma recruitment should be rewarded with an exclusivity period for being here and supporting the game.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It was the Temporal Recruit that did that. Not Delta.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Changed my post. :wink:
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Thumbs up for the request! Temporal Recruitment would be great to re-run for a lot of people.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    So if they re-ran it after 3 years of existence, Summer 2019 it would be then? I hope they might decide a few months in favor of earlier, more like Spring 2019. :)
  • Options
    Personally, I'm in favor of an exclusivity period to reward long-term players. Just like players who were around for the Gamma recruitment should be rewarded with an exclusivity period for being here and supporting the game.

I have no problem with that Exclusivity period for recruitment events, however the ISS Stadi was from before the account unlock rewards, and some of us didn't run that particular event on ALL our characters. Some of the rewards from BEFORE the Stadi are already in the Phoenix Box.
  • Options
    detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I'm all for rerunning events... I wish they would go back to letting us slot anniversary/summer/winter event ships from the past again. However, if they do rerun it, I hope that they add a reason for people who already completed it to run it again.
  • Options
    They are putting previous anniversary/seasonal event ships in the Phoenix Box already.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    The problem with that is the chances of getting an epic is ridiculously low and said ships are character unlocks, not account.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    discojer wrote: »
    The problem with that is the chances of getting an epic is ridiculously low and said ships are character unlocks, not account.

The Stadi is an Admiralty Card only.. it should only be a rare token which is very easy to obtain.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Eris was talking about an Admiralty card, not a flyable ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    True... but the guy I was responding to, who in turn was responded to by disco, was talking about the event ships. While I agree that the ships themselves are hard to get... kinda makes sense that they wouldn't make it easy anyways. I mean they're ships after all.

But yea... Stadi would be easier to get.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Other people not being able to do some event is not a reward for me.

IMO, people who enjoy other people's misfortune don't deserve to be rewarded for it.
  • Options
    roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i am all for rerunning the events for ships as well as items toons ect or better yet just place the items toon ect in the store those around would have it free as a reward for being there those new missed or could not do the events still have there chance at a cost.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • Options
    geordiep#8432 geordiep Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I honestly thought the AOD characters would be Temporal agents. Needless to say I was quite disappointed when the brief Daniels cut scene ended and..... NOTHING.
    Bah.
  • Options
    I honestly thought the AOD characters would be Temporal agents. Needless to say I was quite disappointed when the brief Daniels cut scene ended and..... NOTHING.
    Bah.
    Enabling discolings for reruns of Tempora Recruit would indeed be nice. But since they didn't run the event for AoD release, I wouldn't expect them to update it after-the-fact.

They didn't update Delta Recruit to support TOSlings either.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

IMO, people who enjoy other people's misfortune don't deserve to be rewarded for it.

IMO, we seem to have woefully different definitions of what constitutes a "misfortune."

Deciding not to play an online game that has been available for eight years is hardly a misfortune, but an active choice in how to spend one's time, money, and other resources. It is not enjoying "other people's misfortune" to think that players who've been supporting the game for years should enjoy the benefits of that support.

You'll not, that I didn't say that they should have exclusivity in perpetuity, merely an exclusivity period. Now, whether that should be two years, three years, or one year is a reasonable issue to discuss - one in which I would gladly engage.

However, an emotional appeal on the morality of enjoying other people's "misfortune" is neither a rational nor logical basis for discussion. This is not a moral question - no one is going to die, have their rights curtailed, or be imprisoned because they didn't get to have the Temporal Recruitment rewards. Let's get a sense of proportionality on this.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

IMO, we seem to have woefully different definitions of what constitutes a "misfortune."

Deciding not to play an online game that has been available for eight years is hardly a misfortune, but an active choice in how to spend one's time, money, and other resources. It is not enjoying "other people's misfortune" to think that players who've been supporting the game for years should enjoy the benefits of that support.
    Again, other people not being able to earn rewards is not a benefit for me, nor something I enjoy. The benefit I got was playing the content and earning the rewards myself.

"Exclusivity" like that is why people stop joining old games. Because they know they'll never have the full experience.
  • Options

Again, other people not being able to earn rewards is not a benefit for me, nor something I enjoy. The benefit I got was playing the content and earning the rewards myself.

"Exclusivity" like that is why people stop joining old games. Because they know they'll never have the full experience.

Your point that exclusivity has the possibility of reducing the number of new players joining is a very valid point.

However, whether you personally see it as a benefit, unique or hard to get items in MMOs and games in general are usually highly sought by players. It is a benefit - whether it's a weapon that improves gameplay or purely cosmetic.

So, among other considerations, the loss of potential new players vs. the loss of value (uniqueness) for older players (that might ultimately lead to attrition or diminishment) must be balanced. A healthy game requires both segments.

While I would argue that making the recruitment event always available is not justifiable as it would wholly ignore the older player base, a shorter window than three years is also probably a better choice. Also remember, there's Delta, Temporal, Gamma - so far. With all the other annual events and activities, there is also a pragmatic calendaring issue that would limit running events, assuming each major expansion will bring with it another recruitment event (though Disco was somewhat a non-issue).
  • Options
    Guys... you're going back and forth here.

He's not advocating for a one and done thing like most of the larger MMOs did. STO is already very forgiving in giving us ways to get things that were missed.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Id for sure like to see the Stadi added to the phoenix box it is long over due.
  • Options

Your point that exclusivity has the possibility of reducing the number of new players joining is a very valid point.

However, whether you personally see it as a benefit, unique or hard to get items in MMOs and games in general are usually highly sought by players. It is a benefit - whether it's a weapon that improves gameplay or purely cosmetic.
    If they were tradeable, then yes that would be a benefit (see also: doff/R&D pack promo ships). But almost all event rewards in STO are character-bound. It means jack squat how many people would want an <insert item here>, when those who have spares are not allowed to sell them.

And since they've been making all the rewards unlocks rather than single-item drops, you can't even get spares anymore.
    While I would argue that making the recruitment event always available is not justifiable as it would wholly ignore the older player base, a shorter window than three years is also probably a better choice. Also remember, there's Delta, Temporal, Gamma - so far. With all the other annual events and activities, there is also a pragmatic calendaring issue that would limit running events, assuming each major expansion will bring with it another recruitment event (though Disco was somewhat a non-issue).
    For all intents and purposes the Recruit events are always available. The only time-limited bit is creating a character., everything after that is up in perpetuity.

And there isn't no calendaring issue. It is possible to run multiple events concurrently, and I know several games that even run many events all the time. The main hurdle with adding more Recruit events is preventing the abuse of the stacking account currency rewards for players that have completed multiple events.

Personally, I'd have limited the special tasks (probes and whatnot) and claiming the rewards to the event period, too. Obviously the generic tasks like leveling stuff and doing the missions and whatnot would be completable at any time, but the rewards would still have to wait if the event isn't up. Then arrange a "regularly irregular" schedule of reruns so players know they'll come back, but with unpredictable intervals to hold their attention. Kinda like the bonus weekends do now.

This would also have mitigated the effect of stacking account rewards, as players couldn't instantly claim a bazillion dil/marks on every new toon, but would have to wait for each of the events.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User

So, among other considerations, the loss of potential new players vs. the loss of value (uniqueness) for older players (that might ultimately lead to attrition or diminishment) must be balanced. A healthy game requires both segments.

Age of Discovery is not an expansion, it is a season update.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @geordiep#8432 said:
    > I honestly thought the AOD characters would be Temporal agents. Needless to say I was quite disappointed when the brief Daniels cut scene ended and..... NOTHING.
    > Bah.

Daniels is no fool.....theres a reason no-one from TOS on talks about the EsTeeDee era.
  • Options
    Personally, I'd have limited the special tasks (probes and whatnot) and claiming the rewards to the event period, too.

Problem. The Temporal and Gamma Recruits had LONG TERM goals as well, such as admiralty, DOff, R&D, Reps, and I think spec points spent.

Limiting those as well would basically mean if you don't get it quickly, you're locked down on your progress. And with the spec points... if it ONLY counts those spent during the event... if you just happen to fill the trees outside of the event, you're locked out until they add more spec trees AND run a rerun event.

Frankly, the way they handled it was just fine because we could progress at our own pace. We don't have to marathon run it to squeeze into the event time period. There's no way in hell I'd be able to get some of that in only a few weeks, and I've got LOTS of time on my hands.
  • Options
    roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    as a long time player i have already had the exclusivity taken from items that were only lifetime members then over time all but the liberated borg has been taken and given out in one form or the other. Exclusivity as some right to have as old players is the same as saying o no they want to take my elite status i can lord over new players with away. Get over it and deal with it giving new players as well as old ones that for what ever reason work, time involved in a task, or just taking a break access to these rewards to earn at there own pace is a fair thing.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • Options

If they were tradeable, then yes that would be a benefit (see also: doff/R&D pack promo ships). But almost all event rewards in STO are character-bound. It means jack squat how many people would want an <insert item here>, when those who have spares are not allowed to sell them.

And since they've been making all the rewards unlocks rather than single-item drops, you can't even get spares anymore.
    For all intents and purposes the Recruit events are always available. The only time-limited bit is creating a character., everything after that is up in perpetuity.

And there isn't no calendaring issue. It is possible to run multiple events concurrently, and I know several games that even run many events all the time. The main hurdle with adding more Recruit events is preventing the abuse of the stacking account currency rewards for players that have completed multiple events.

Personally, I'd have limited the special tasks (probes and whatnot) and claiming the rewards to the event period, too. Obviously the generic tasks like leveling stuff and doing the missions and whatnot would be completable at any time, but the rewards would still have to wait if the event isn't up. Then arrange a "regularly irregular" schedule of reruns so players know they'll come back, but with unpredictable intervals to hold their attention. Kinda like the bonus weekends do now.

This would also have mitigated the effect of stacking account rewards, as players couldn't instantly claim a bazillion dil/marks on every new toon, but would have to wait for each of the events.

As a practical matter, I'm not sure how what you are suggesting by limiting the special tasks and claiming the rewards during a set event period differs significantly from anything I've actually said.

You go on to say "Then arrange a "regularly irregular" schedule of reruns so players know they'll come back, but with unpredictable intervals to hold their attention. Kinda like the bonus weekends do now." How is that different from what I suggested that the recruitment event be rerun more often than three years, but not available year round?

I suggested that they need to balance the desire of older players to feel like they've been rewarded for long-term support, so they should be given a period of exclusivity on the recruitment event rewards. I then suggested that three years is probably too long a period for that exclusivity - thus affirmatively saying the events should be run more frequently.

I agree with rattler2 - you and I are just going back and forth. While I've conceded you made a few valid points, since you don't seem to view any of the points I've made as valid (while proposing what amounts to the same thing), I don't see where we're going to reach common ground.
This discussion has been closed.