test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobali Prime and Delta Quadrant bugs.

phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
Can we get a QA pass on these missions, since there are a number of bugs that need fixing since the mission journal was updated.

For one thing, I can't advance in the Kobali Crisis story arch past Act I, since I keep getting stuck on the mission called "Data Recovery", where I'm supposed to meet with "Hanchon Sadalore in the Forward Camp". This NPC doesn't have an interactive icon, and I've restarted this mission several times.

If I recall correctly, you used to have to go out and level up with other missions to progress in this storyline, but there's no longer any indication of what you need to do, or how much of it needs doing before you can continue. This is frustrating to me, and I've played this content before, so I can imagine how frustrating this would be to a player who is going through it for the first time and has no idea what to do to meet the requirements for Act II to begin for them.

Likewise, Bug Hunt has a bug where the NPC won't destroy the second barrier so you can progress, so you get stuck there, and have to leave the mission, and then wait 30 minutes to try again and hope it works that time.

Comments

• Options
    ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I think, but I am not 100% sure, that these bugs have been already reported several times.
    I can also confirm your observations. I have the same behavior with my Jem'hadar character.
    In one of his live videos in FB @ambassadorkael#6946 mentioned to tag him for these bug reports.
    Here we are.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I just did Kobali Crisis all the way through on my AoD character and it all worked fine, so it's definitely not universal, and thus is going to be harder to track down. By Bug Hunt, I assume you mean the subsection of the episode The Dragon's Deceit, in which case, I must have been one of the lucky ones to get it to work the first time on the same character.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    On a lark, I wandered around and found the NPC I needed to start Act II in the hills north east of the camp, though that's not where he is supposed to be, at least according to my map. So I was able to continue the story arc, but it's not at all clear how to go about doing that. Again, as a long time player I know my way around the game, but sometimes it's confusing even for me - especially with the new mission layout, which still has NPCs mentioning events and quests that previously were part of the key storyline, but are now no longer necessary to advance and as a result are done out of sequence (if at all) - if I was a new player, I would be confused as hell and not at all impressed.

Likewise I finally got the Bug Hunt TFO to work as well. Just another annoying bug.
  • Options
    dad1959#2667 dad1959 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Weird variation on Kobali problem. I have completed all 3 Kobali Front missions, and mission journal shows as all complete. BUT, game will not trigger next episode. All episodes PREVIOUS to Kobali in Delta arc can not be replayed. Anyone have an idea?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Weird variation on Kobali problem. I have completed all 3 Kobali Front missions, and mission journal shows as all complete. BUT, game will not trigger next episode. All episodes PREVIOUS to Kobali in Delta arc can not be replayed. Anyone have an idea?

Have you done the mission Galaxy at Large? Also, have you skipped the TFOs?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    I have not completed “Galaxy at Large” under that title. I had completed those missions before they were repackaged
  • Options
    And, sorry, I have done quite a few tfo’s
  • Options
    Sorry, again. Full version. I completed the entire Kobali Front Arc, all 3 parts, with TFO, in order. My Mission Journal shows Kobali Front as “Completed” and that’s where it broke. Kobali cannot be replayed on this character and all previous Delta Quadrant missions will not replay. I can’t even start over from the beginning.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, again. Full version. I completed the entire Kobali Front Arc, all 3 parts, with TFO, in order. My Mission Journal shows Kobali Front as “Completed” and that’s where it broke. Kobali cannot be replayed on this character and all previous Delta Quadrant missions will not replay. I can’t even start over from the beginning.

You have to go down the episode list to the newly added mission Galaxy at Large, that helps to access the other side missions in STO. Then, you have to skip (or in your case decide to do the TFOs that are in the respective arcs that you have done). After that is done you should be able to progress in the storyline missions. If that still does not work, report your bug in detail to the Cryptic staff that you are not able to replay the Kobali Front missions anymore on your character. This might be a similar problem with the Wasteland arc not showing up for my main Federation character to replay. Thanks. Merry Christmas! :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Did you start all your Delta Quad missions before the Mission Journal revamp that came in with Age of Discovery???? If so, please check through all the tabs as sthe91 suggests. The revamp added missions into the story arcs....Which must be skipped or played before the next tab unlocks.

This all new Mission Journal lost its memory of what missions were already completed on the characters... Sort of. So the flags must be set up, again.

So, go back through and tell the program...did this already...let me pass.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin