Romulan Refits Vs Federation Refits

13»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    errab wrote: »
    I really enjoy Romulan ships and it's very true that they are quite powerful, they are also very squishy. I'm currently flying the Kelvin Timeline T'laru Intel Carrier Warbird. Science Captain running at full Aux power and let me tell you power management is really tricky (at least for me). My shields feel almost not existent at times. My work around it to use my battle cloak to stick and move when I can.

Romulan ships can dish it out better than most..... but they sure can't take it ;)
    I got a Thrai a while back and that thing can take a massive beating.

Yeah but over all most Romulan ships cant a massive amount of beating like other ships for the FED or KDF on a equal matching all things fair. The Romulan ship wont last as long they do have stranghths in other areas but not enough to count as fair or balanced.
    That's just not true. At the upper end of Level 65+ game play running the same skill tree, profession, traits, ship traits, consoles and all gear otherwise, boff powers, spec trees all results in a very very small difference in tanking capability between comparable FED and Romulan ships. The fact is that when tanking, the ship is one of the smallest factors when setting up your build.

Too a point I agree but if you compare it and look at hard facts there are some differences and sometimes to difference can make or break a ships ability to tank or not some and boom. Im not saying the difference is so huge you have be blind to not see it but there is a difference.

There is absolutely a difference.

Romulans are better tanks.

Between the Shield Absorptive Console, Quantum Absorption, and the ability to have innately high critical hit/damage even in defensive builds makes Romulans subjectively the best tanks in the game.

As is aid to a point they are but there are limits to everything. All I ask is let the community choose and such mght make a post on this once I have time.

At this point, I don't know if it's a language barrier, fundamental difference in philosophy or a combination of both.. but it doesn't appear we are going to agree. It feels like you have decided that Romulans have severe negatives and I simply disagree.

I'll respect your opinion and move on, but we're clearly not going to agree.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    errab wrote: »
    I really enjoy Romulan ships and it's very true that they are quite powerful, they are also very squishy. I'm currently flying the Kelvin Timeline T'laru Intel Carrier Warbird. Science Captain running at full Aux power and let me tell you power management is really tricky (at least for me). My shields feel almost not existent at times. My work around it to use my battle cloak to stick and move when I can.

Romulan ships can dish it out better than most..... but they sure can't take it ;)
    I got a Thrai a while back and that thing can take a massive beating.

Yeah but over all most Romulan ships cant a massive amount of beating like other ships for the FED or KDF on a equal matching all things fair. The Romulan ship wont last as long they do have stranghths in other areas but not enough to count as fair or balanced.
    That's just not true. At the upper end of Level 65+ game play running the same skill tree, profession, traits, ship traits, consoles and all gear otherwise, boff powers, spec trees all results in a very very small difference in tanking capability between comparable FED and Romulan ships. The fact is that when tanking, the ship is one of the smallest factors when setting up your build.

Too a point I agree but if you compare it and look at hard facts there are some differences and sometimes to difference can make or break a ships ability to tank or not some and boom. Im not saying the difference is so huge you have be blind to not see it but there is a difference.

There is absolutely a difference.

Romulans are better tanks.

Between the Shield Absorptive Console, Quantum Absorption, and the ability to have innately high critical hit/damage even in defensive builds makes Romulans subjectively the best tanks in the game.

As is aid to a point they are but there are limits to everything. All I ask is let the community choose and such mght make a post on this once I have time.

You don't even make coherent arguments. You say, and I quote "but the fact they get a 10 power level reduction yet I don't see Fed Characters and or Klingon Characters get a weakness like that yet" (they being Romulans), then say ppl make wrong assumptions and don't read you correctly when they point out that this -10 power levels to all powers is almost nothing to worry about and then go on an irrelevant tirade about something doing with player choice?
This discussion has been closed.