test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/18/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,310 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/18 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our PC patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
«1

Comments

  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    'Resolved an issue that was causing players to not be able to load into their characters.'

    I hope this includes those of us that have managed to get logged in and then just got hit by non-stop Lag and SNR until it DCed us?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 721 Arc User
    'Resolved an issue that prevented Discovery characters from gaining the first complement of Duty Officers mission.'

    Oh dear lord please tell me we are getting our compliments applied retroactively this time?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    One to pop in there hopefully for the next patch. Acquiring ether of the new Hur'q ships isn't unlocking the Hur'q fighters to be purchased at the starbase.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 721 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.

    Why is the Mission Journal borked? You did know they were going to streamline it right? IF you are referring to the Romulans having Wasteland and everyone else not having it; it is a central part of their Story Arc.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    raventomoe wrote: »
    bendalek wrote: »
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.

    Why is the Mission Journal borked? You did know they were going to streamline it right? IF you are referring to the Romulans having Wasteland and everyone else not having it; it is a central part of their Story Arc.

    No, I'm actually referring to the many complaints about this or that combo of faction/alignment not being able to even see/find, dozens of missions, let alone play them.
    I'm referring to the missions that are completely blank/unplayable on characters who completed them ages ago.
    I'm referring to end of arc missions that refuse to "hand off" to the next story arc.
    I'm referring to missions that are constantly being thrown in your face, even though you have already done them OR clicked "skip" in the journal.
    I'm referring to the fact that many of the missions are in totally the wrong order, which seriously breaks the immersion/story telling.
    I'm referring to the fact that there is no way to know which mission you need to have completed to be able to progress the story, or get access to other missions, particularly those missions that have were once "FE's" and have now been incororated into story arcs ...

    Do I need to add more?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 2,977 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.

    Just because something that is bugged isn't in the patch notes doesn't mean it is forgotten. The process to repair bugs can take a long time to fix. In some cases a bug can take several months before a fix hits the patch notes. Some bugs are able to be fixed quicker than others. All bug reports are taken seriously and a process needs to be followed in order to repair things. Just bide time things are fixed eventually.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,197 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was causing enemies in all Task Force Operations to be set at level 10.

    Thank You!!
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • mattdoodymattdoody Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    nice useful fixes here thanks for addressing them. Any indication when the foundry will be back up?
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,034 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2018
    What about the exchange? There hasn't been a single note about the exchange as a "pending issue" on the buttom of the list. The price listing is still not working for "Sort by Ascending Price by Unit", it's totally random and borked for weeks now. I'm a bit disappointed that this hasn't even been acknowledged so far after being reported so many times already. I'm starting to wonder what the "Bug Hunter" division is spending it's time for.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Exchange is fine as it is - as Long as u sell overpriced junk :)
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 10,476 Arc User
    DSC space phaser vfx fix plz. They have been changed to be not screen accurate any more. This got to be unintentional, right?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Resolved an issue that was causing enemies in all Task Force Operations to be set at level 10.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank You!!

    That is the one bug I enjoyed. So I assume that StarBase One doesn't have one shot kill birds of prey? And they are reverting back to slaughtering everyone else with wave upon wave of mobs that still happen to bug the entire mission. 😑
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,197 Arc User
    That is the one bug I enjoyed. So I assume that StarBase One doesn't have one shot kill birds of prey? And they are reverting back to slaughtering everyone else with wave upon wave of mobs that still happen to bug the entire mission. 😑

    I have no idea what you are talking about. The Queue was always ridiculously easy, but in it's current state it's effortless. You can just launch one hangar of pets and go AFK. How can anyone possibly find that fun?

    And for the record, the level 10 enemies bug the queue too when you wipe them all before the last ship escapes.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    > @bendalek said:
    >
    > Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones

    Is that the BOFFs missing on Dyson and Kobali? I just read a work around for this in another thread.

    It had to do with going to stations tab, placing the 2 BOFFs you want on ground with you in the Away Team slots and the other two slots fill with Security (default)....then typing something in chat. Give me a sec to go find that.....

    After you set your Away Team in stations, type /fillpetteamlist in chat window. Your two BOFFs should materialize next to you.

    WORK AROUND posted here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1244117/no-away-team-or-away-team-missing-on-dyson-sphere-ground
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > That is the one bug I enjoyed. So I assume that StarBase One doesn't have one shot kill birds of prey? And they are reverting back to slaughtering everyone else with wave upon wave of mobs that still happen to bug the entire mission. 😑
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have no idea what you are talking about. The Queue was always ridiculously easy, but in it's current state it's effortless. You can just launch one hangar of pets and go AFK. How can anyone possibly find that fun?
    >
    > And for the record, the level 10 enemies bug the queue too when you wipe them all before the last ship escapes.

    You have no idea what I am talking about? Ok... It might be ridiculous easy on veteran toons. My Discovery character was getting their TRIBBLE decimated if left alone with other teams only on one side. Having to heal yourself and the transports. This was just under lvl 50 queues by the way.

    Then I hit 50-60 and being able to survive through the absurdly stupid amount of tiresome endless mobs spawning without dying was refreshing.

    It was also nice getting some marks/rare mats in elite without worrying about failing the entire Q.

    So hope you now understand what I am talking about now.

    It was nice while it lasted. It felt like my ship had ZPM installed. FYI. That is Stargate reference. In case you don't know what I am talking about.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,197 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    So hope you now understand what I am talking about now.

    Oh I get it.

    You want to be able to do Advanced Queues in an under leveled under geared character and be an anchor on your team because you can't select the proper difficulty for your skill level.

    Sorry if that sounds snyde, but the reality is that if the queue was too difficult for you then you should go down to a lower difficulty until you're ready to take on more. The proper solution isn't to want the entire thing watered down to the point of being ridiculous for the rest of the player base.

    I understand that you need to get your marks too, I respect that.. but the game has difficulty settings for a reason. Your character should not yet be in Advanced Queues. There is nothing 'advanced' about enemies that die in one hit from hangar pets alone. The normal mode can be a one hit kill fest for easy rewards.. I am totally cool with that.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > So hope you now understand what I am talking about now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh I get it.
    >
    > You want to be able to do Advanced Queues in an under leveled under geared character and be an anchor on your team because you can't select the proper difficulty for your skill level.
    >
    > Sorry if that sounds snyde, but the reality is that if the queue was too difficult for you then you should go down to a lower difficulty until you're ready to take on more. The proper solution isn't to want the entire thing watered down to the point of being ridiculous for the rest of the player base.
    >
    > I understand that you need to get your marks too, I respect that.. but the game has difficulty settings for a reason. Your character should not yet be in Advanced Queues. There is nothing 'advanced' about enemies that die in one hit from hangar pets alone. The normal mode can be a one hit kill fest for easy rewards.. I am totally cool with that.

    Eh no. I don't want to run undergeared cheap ships with terrible builds and be a drag/hinder to sensitive elites who forget they were once underpowered too... Because amnesia and self importance....

    GJ on self projecting, thanks. I always run basic on toons that don't have their tier rep traits yet. Only took advantage of getting more marks on this occasion. But by your logic I should only want to run basic until I meet whatever standards you have based on gear rather than competence or skill. Sorry for not restricting myself to lesser rewards during a glitchy bug. Not everyone 'enjoys' grinding T5 for the 16th time. If there is chance of gaining little more for the same Q time I am going to pursue it. Sorry you are unable to understand.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Unfortunately no word about the missing option to buy DSC ground weapons at the academy... maybe they stealth-repair it...
    pmuvj73Aj
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    The rank and file apologists are out in force I see.
    I still haven't seen a convincing argument for continuing to play, when the bug list keeps getting longer, and (at least with these latest patch notes) the "Known Issues" is now non-existent .... Must mean it's all WAI then?

    As I said, these fixes are a good start, but let's see a "roadmap" of bug fixes at least. I'm guessing it's too much to hope that "someone" at Cryptic might actually take the time to address peoples issues and at least acknowledge them.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Why the hell again during my gametime?

    Second time this week, blasted!
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,576 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > So hope you now understand what I am talking about now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh I get it.
    >
    > You want to be able to do Advanced Queues in an under leveled under geared character and be an anchor on your team because you can't select the proper difficulty for your skill level.
    >
    > Sorry if that sounds snyde, but the reality is that if the queue was too difficult for you then you should go down to a lower difficulty until you're ready to take on more. The proper solution isn't to want the entire thing watered down to the point of being ridiculous for the rest of the player base.
    >
    > I understand that you need to get your marks too, I respect that.. but the game has difficulty settings for a reason. Your character should not yet be in Advanced Queues. There is nothing 'advanced' about enemies that die in one hit from hangar pets alone. The normal mode can be a one hit kill fest for easy rewards.. I am totally cool with that.

    Eh no. I don't want to run undergeared cheap ships with terrible builds and be a drag/hinder to sensitive elites who forget they were once underpowered too... Because amnesia and self importance....

    GJ on self projecting, thanks. I always run basic on toons that don't have their tier rep traits yet. Only took advantage of getting more marks on this occasion. But by your logic I should only want to run basic until I meet whatever standards you have based on gear rather than competence or skill. Sorry for not restricting myself to lesser rewards during a glitchy bug. Not everyone 'enjoys' grinding T5 for the 16th time. If there is chance of gaining little more for the same Q time I am going to pursue it. Sorry you are unable to understand.

    No need to run 'basic' either though.

    I made a new char and popped said char in the new self-levelling Walker class. I also craft Purple/Very Rare equipment appropriate to the rank I am at to use on it. Crafting said gear on an older char and transferring it, via the account bank, to a new character costs nothing other than some crafting materials which I certainly won't miss, and a little time.


  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,357 Arc User
    How can anyone find that fun? Don't know, but can simultaneously fire up another October 9th prematurely released game update that borked things up by being rushed out - Lord of the Rings Online.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,197 Arc User
    GJ on self projecting, thanks. I always run basic on toons that don't have their tier rep traits yet. Only took advantage of getting more marks on this occasion. But by your logic I should only want to run basic until I meet whatever standards you have based on gear rather than competence or skill. Sorry for not restricting myself to lesser rewards during a glitchy bug. Not everyone 'enjoys' grinding T5 for the 16th time. If there is chance of gaining little more for the same Q time I am going to pursue it. Sorry you are unable to understand.

    I'll ignore the attempted insult and further attempt to clarify as I think we're missing each others meaning here. You say that it's 'my logic' that you should run basic, but my standards and logic have nothing to do with this conversation. You clearly said that the queue in it's 'non broken' mode is too difficult for you, so I made the logical suggestion that you play on an easier setting until you have the ship and equipment needed to play the next difficulty. Notice I specifically avoided any comment on your skill level as I simply don't know that. I advised based on the information I was given, the information that you are struggling when the queue is not in a broken state.

    And for the record, I have absolutely no problem with the fact that you used the time to cash in and get what you could. In fact, good for you, that was smart. I however, am happy that the queues difficulty is now being fixed because clearly it wasn't working as intended. Now that it's fixed, if the advanced version is too much of a challenge then you should be playing on normal mode. This is not an insult, it's not anyone saying you're a bad player, it's suggesting that you use the game structure as intended, nothing more nothing less.

    Again, I understand perfectly fine and if you wish to continue with trading insults then I will just wish you luck and exit this conversation now. Regardless of what you might think of my intention, I wish you well and if there is any help I can provide you in the future to help you have an easier time in the higher difficulties then please feel free to ask. Otherwise, have a great day and see you in game.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,357 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    raventomoe wrote: »
    bendalek wrote: »
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.

    Why is the Mission Journal borked? You did know they were going to streamline it right? IF you are referring to the Romulans having Wasteland and everyone else not having it; it is a central part of their Story Arc.

    No, I'm actually referring to the many complaints about this or that combo of faction/alignment not being able to even see/find, dozens of missions, let alone play them.
    I'm referring to the missions that are completely blank/unplayable on characters who completed them ages ago.
    I'm referring to end of arc missions that refuse to "hand off" to the next story arc.
    I'm referring to missions that are constantly being thrown in your face, even though you have already done them OR clicked "skip" in the journal.
    I'm referring to the fact that many of the missions are in totally the wrong order, which seriously breaks the immersion/story telling.
    I'm referring to the fact that there is no way to know which mission you need to have completed to be able to progress the story, or get access to other missions, particularly those missions that have were once "FE's" and have now been incororated into story arcs ...

    Do I need to add more?

    This....talk about streamlining? They about streamlined the journal to death i think. What a blunder!

    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 3,150 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.

    Look at the bug reports section, bugs are being fixed. Look at the bugs that were caught on Tribble (sadly some crept into Holodeck). Look at chrian's (sp?) and engineerb4's posts in the Bug Reports section, etc. I also have had to report a bug twice involving the Discovery tutorial because I was not specific enough. Compare the working on bugs priority over previous patch notes. Also, just because something is not in the Known Issues, does not mean it is not a known issue. Think of known issues as the bugs that right now have priority. Just because there are bugs that have been removed from that list or there has not been a Known Issues list in a long time does not mean it does not have priority anymore. Also, enough of the name-calling (shown in next post), those who you consider apologists are not necessarily so, they also do not agree with certain things in STO. Due to spaghetti coding, there will always be bugs introduced for the next season or expansion. Do I like it? No. Will it happen? Sadly, yes. Some bugs are easier to fix, others one needs to dig deep into the code, some are situational and others affect only a few players, others affect the whole playerbase, etc. Finally, they are running a tight ship and do not have a QA lead for STO (source: Cryptic Studios website) as well as other positions. Would not be surprised with Stephen Ricossa leaving that also factored into it. As well as the team being split between PC and console.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,106 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just because something that is bugged isn't in the patch notes doesn't mean it is forgotten. The process to repair bugs can take a long time to fix. In some cases a bug can take several months before a fix hits the patch notes. Some bugs are able to be fixed quicker than others. All bug reports are taken seriously and a process needs to be followed in order to repair things. Just bide time things are fixed eventually.

    The KDF ship computer voice has been broken for YEARS.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    While these fixes are good, I'm seriously considering taking a break from the game for a while, as it stands currently, and at the rate they are going, we'll be doing the Winter Event before even half the bugs TRIBBLE has introduced to the game get fixed.

    Nothing about the Dyson/Kobali ground zones, nothing about the totally messed up mission journal, nothing about the completely borked warp out sounds/animations ... the list goes on.

    Yes because tracking down the bug... Its cause... then its fix is somthing that just happens overnight. Jesus christ have some patience. That runs out get some more. Its a free game you are not forced to stay and or play!

This discussion has been closed.