test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Tutorial: Routine Maneuvers" gets stuck at Klingon Marauders step.

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
"Tutorial: Routine Maneuvers" gets stuck at Klingon Marauders step.

Fought Klingons in hall, then hull breach. Enter next room an healed an injured npc. At that point the missing can no longer progress. It is stuck on status "Repel Klingon Boarders (42%)".

I can see there are Klingons on the other side of door in that room since they are bleeding through the wall due to proximity. However, I cannot open the door from my side, nor are the Klingons opening the door. There is no other path to the Klingons due to hull breach.

I'll reset to last checkpoint and see if it works on retry.

Comments

• wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    Update. After logout and login, I reappeared in room and 3 more Klingons were now inside the room. once they were killed, the door opened.
  • bufoviridisbufoviridis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You are lucky. For me, even after restarting game no more than 85% klingons :(
    edited October 2018
    After the restart and killing the 3 new in room (the 3 previously stuck on other side of door), I think I was also only at 85%, but the door to room was open so I could finish mission.
    no way :( going to sleep and wait for patch...
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    It keeps telling me to equip the phaser rifle which I have but mission tracker isn't progressing
    I don't recall having issue with phaser rifle equip. I selected equip and it put it into secondary slot since I had phaser in primary, then I hit the z key to move rifle to primary and mission went to next step.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I could equip the rifle and kill the 100% Klingons, but I got stuck at Breaching Engineering. I breached the door, killed the K's... and the tracker still said "Breach engineering". The open door had the "use" sparklies. I used it again, and the tracker advanced to "kill the Klingons"... but they were already dead.

That was a few hours ago, I'll see if logging in again now after a break does anything...

edit: nope, logged back in, and it's still on "Clear out the Klingon boarders" step in Engineering, with no spawned K's.
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I could equip the rifle and kill the 100% Klingons, but I got stuck at Breaching Engineering. I breached the door, killed the K's... and the tracker still said "Breach engineering". The open door had the "use" sparklies. I used it again, and the tracker advanced to "kill the Klingons"... but they were already dead.

That was a few hours ago, I'll see if logging in again now after a break does anything...

edit: nope, logged back in, and it's still on "Clear out the Klingon boarders" step in Engineering, with no spawned K's.

same issue how do you release a whole new arc with a bug that wont let you complete the tutorial so what i have to delete and remake hoping i dont have same issue?
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
  • celticvengencecelticvengence Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Got stuck with needing to kill klingons at like 85%. Tried logging out, back in, changing characters, closing the game. Nothing makes a difference.

• madmaemadmae Member Posts: 9 Arc User

This is where I'm stuck. I think accidentally keying Aim (x) while the breach door interaction was channeling caused the game to not register the door breach - I killed the Klingons, then realized after not seeing a next step that the door was open but still sparkly. Now it thinks I didn't clear the room. Ordinarily if you abandon, or log out - anything to interrupt play through the mission - you get reset to a previous step, why they didn't put that in here I can't begin to understand.

Seriously sloppy not to have a way to reset, and I am seeing this more and more in games - even WoW now has the occasional quest you can't abandon, so if you flub a step there is no way to drop it and start over.

• mongomongo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Im stuck at Equip rifle. I enter the room got the rifle and went into inventory equip it and nothing. It goes on the character I can unholster it but the mission will not go to next and the door will not open.
  • rensha1rensha1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Got stuck in the DSC tutorial (Routine Maneuvers), can't beam out or Drop mission and all the klingons are dead but stuck at 86%?? and I am still stuck after the Patch.

me too :( 85% as before patch
  • jeffdonjeffdon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I got the rifle, got in the turbo lift, emptied corridor, emptied room and nor cannot progress. Does anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction please. Driving me bloody mad!!
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I can confirm. Bug is NOT SOLVED by todays (10/10/2018) patch.

Still cannot progress tutorial of new Discovery toon.

See screenshot, no more enemys left to kill still says I have only killed 71%.

see image https://imgur.com/a/irRtnmD

This is GAMEBREAKING. Please test your updates before deploying them to us.

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello everyone, After you grab your rifle are you waiting at the glowing circle for the security cadets to catch up?
    Ok, after spending some time playing other character I've got klingons to kill :)
  • rob0nixonrob0nixon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »
    I can confirm. Bug is NOT SOLVED by todays (10/10/2018) patch.

Still cannot progress tutorial of new Discovery toon.

See screenshot, no more enemys left to kill still says I have only killed 71%.

see image https://imgur.com/a/irRtnmD

This is GAMEBREAKING. Please test your updates before deploying them to us.

I am also still stuck here at 85% after the patch.
    Hello @rob0nixon , I would suggest remaking the character.
    Definitely gamebreaking, still cannot progress.
    edited October 2018
    Deleted character and remade it, finally progressed past it.

Post edited by jeffdon on
  • kamin1121kamin1121 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Really, my character is stuck at the 85% like many others and the answer is delete and start over?

Hello everyone and @kamin1121 , I talked with the appropriate internal team and confirmed some bulletproofing code on the mission flow did not take in the latest game patch. You could make a new character which should progress fine. Do hang on to this current character though and check back to it on another game update. Thank you for your patience on this matter.
  • kamin1121kamin1121 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Really, my character is stuck at the 85% like many others and the answer is delete and start over?
    Hello everyone and @kamin1121 , I talked with the appropriate internal team and confirmed some bulletproofing code on the mission flow did not take in the latest game patch. You could make a new character which should progress fine. Do hang on to this current character though and check back to it on another game update. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Thank you for looking into it and answering. I appreciate the work of dealing with forums. I started playing STO in beta and have hung in for an amazing amount of improvements to the game.
    Hello everyone in this thread, The issue has been fixed internally and will be deployed in tomorrows patch.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,757 Arc User

I was hit with exactly the same bug, and relogging did not help the problem for me either.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I'm just amused that they copypasted this so hard that even the bugs are the same.

Exactly, Craptic at its best.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • vanyelstefan#3262 vanyelstefan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am stuck as well and have submitted a ticket yesterday and still no word back. I killed all the klingons and I can not progress, do I have to create another character?