test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance

Is there like an update on the maintenance, never seen it down this long before?

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,523 Arc User
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

"it's now looking like it might be 2 to 3 PM [ Pacific time ] before the PC servers are back online"

(The time is currently 2:20 Pacific)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Tweet from them 2 hours ago said maybe 2-3PT
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I don't mind the extended downtime. It leads to more and more amusing overly-entitled forum rage posts for me to mock.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Becuase expecting a decent service from a company is too entitled.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    It's funny, it was your post I had in mind :D
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    We are the ones paying them, if you feel that's too entitled thats an opinion you are welcome to have but expecting rational people with knowledge of how the world works to agree is entitled in my opinion.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    I'm not sure you fit in that rational category there matey :*
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    I'm not getting into a back and forth with someone like you. you can continue to argue if you feel like it.

• Options
    I dunno maaaan, calling for people to lose their income because you couldn't access a game for a while is... er?

ns8Nf1O.png

Getting angry because you miss a day of STO is bad for your health. I recommend a sit down, and a nice cup of tea. Maybe a biscuit if you're feeling fancy!

tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Altran3301 you're just a Troll. Most of us are just wondering 'When' the servers might be back up. You're the only one trying to create some drama in this thread.
  • Options
    cannydog wrote: »
    Altran3301 you're just a Troll. Most of us are just wondering 'When' the servers might be back up. You're the only one trying to create some drama in this thread.

Slow down friend! This downtime has got you down. No trollin' - just think it's kinda unreasonable to call for people to lose jobs over something like a game being offline for a few hours. Don't you?
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    ovacomerovacomer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Now it says the servers will be down until 3:00 pm pst
  • Options
    uh oh... first it's "fire them!", now what? Run for the hills, incoming tidal-wave of nerdrage-sweat. :o
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Ok... that is sorta egging on.

Just sayin'.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Just a prediction. I don't want to be that guy that keeps quiet until afterwards then says "Ha! I knew it!" with no proof.

Sig is me - prepared to ride it out with my powerboard!
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Might be my fault . I forgot to email them that they were out of hamster food
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    Its how it was worded I'm pointing out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    It is indeed quite inconvenient for me, since I am running low on spare days for the breach and will probably miss today, so minus one.

But gradii: yes, paying customers can expect a certain level of service. However, expecting smooth runs 100% of the time is just not realistic at all. Trains will run late, shops will be out of stock, food will be overcooked. Either because somebody made a mistake or because of force majeure. If you want to fire somebody for that every single time, I'd say the "knowledge of how the world goes" is not too large. And remember: some day you may TRIBBLE up and inconvenience others - would you consider it adequate to get fired each time? Prepare for loads of jobs then.

Not saying that "expecting some level of service" is entitlement, but a service down for a couple of unscheduled hours in a year - well, that is.

Talking 'bout entitlement: are there already "extend the event" threads? Might wanna join this time ;)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Yes they are extending the event by one day.
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Talking 'bout entitlement: are there already "extend the event" threads? Might wanna join this time ;)

In my experience... its actually not entitlement to expect an extention of an approximate equivelent time. Cryptic's done it before in the past when there was unexpected downtime extensions.
  • Options
    sacredpreysacredprey Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    is there a new eta on the server
  • Options
    sargeantandy#7136 sargeantandy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    Is there like an update on the maintenance, never seen it down this long before?

Just wait for when an actual expansion is to be uploaded. There's also plenty of mmo out there, select 1 or 2 non-cryptic related ones and have those on standby for maintenance and downtime. Or watch some youtube content, etc. There's plenty of free time hobby alternatives.

Genuinely not Trollin' I get there's disappontment, but missing a day of STO, its not the only online source of freetime fun.
  • Options
    Make Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple in Terraria?
  • Options
    jvonwolfies2jvonwolfies2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    Yes they are extending the event by one day.

But I already got my Dino with lasers on its head. Do we get a second one? a mating pair could be fun, especially if all combat stopped while the dinos get frisky.
  • Options
    All lights are Green!
    Don't break the server now guys.
  • Options
    It's on again now.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    terpesterpes Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Servers are up and running. Time to enjoy and let the anger and rage behind. Enjoy the game
This discussion has been closed.