What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ascend to a New Level of Reputation!

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    So apparently, each reputation is only getting one new energy type,
    No he said that they're taking the set weapons and adding more versions of those.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I think it's an absolutely horrible idea to only include one new energy type per reputation. When the change was announced, everyone was immediately assuming that they'd be able to make a build using whatever energy weapon type they wanted, but now we've been told that our dreams of diversity and open choices are dead.

All that's going to come of this are a few new weapons available for players to use in their mandatory disruptor builds, and there will be a few new *tetryon* guns on the side. Brilliant.

I can see how the extra work could be somewhat daunting (Or they could just use identical weapons but make them different types), but making variants for each damage type is something that the people want, and believe makes the most sense.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'What we've got here is failure to communicate'. Either that or we are in a Temporal Loop. The Hawkman already addressed this above.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I believe in the livestream they said there would be one new energy type per reputation set. For example, there will be an experimental romulan disruptor beam along with the current plasma beam that’s already in the set. There however won’t be experimental romulan phaser beams, polaron beams, etc. I think this is good as it will prevent everyone from just using the beam from each reputation in whatever energy type they desire.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You can watch a canned version:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I know this is going to happen when Age of Discovery comes, but have they said when that is?

Lots of stuff coming at the same time !
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I predict October 2nd.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    So apparently, each reputation is only getting one new energy type,
    No he said that they're taking the set weapons and adding more versions of those.

Yes. One new version each. Like they said. Like I said. 17:00 to 17:30 in the stream you linked.

I'd say the fact that there's confusion on this is pretty telling. People expect variants for all energy types, instead of only one per set weapon. It's a much more popular idea.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    balarick wrote: »
    PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING THIS FEATURE!

Given that you're making sponsorship account-wide upon reaching Tier V, and that some of us create sponsorship tokens in anticipation of making new toons (I have 3 of each, except Gamma, on standby), we should be able to turn in sponsorship tokens to get those marks back! Otherwise, they'll basically become 100-mark lemons that we can't do anything with.

Thanks!

If I understood the man correctly, we'll be able to trade those in, and get a 100 Marks refund per token. Nothing was cast in stone (things in a vlog rarely are), but those were pretty much his exact words, so it would be silly for them to renege on the proposed deal now.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    balarick wrote: »
    PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING THIS FEATURE!

Given that you're making sponsorship account-wide upon reaching Tier V, and that some of us create sponsorship tokens in anticipation of making new toons (I have 3 of each, except Gamma, on standby), we should be able to turn in sponsorship tokens to get those marks back! Otherwise, they'll basically become 100-mark lemons that we can't do anything with.

Thanks!

If I understood the man correctly, we'll be able to trade those in, and get a 100 Marks refund per token. Nothing was cast in stone (things in a vlog rarely are), but those were pretty much his exact words, so it would be silly for them to renege on the proposed deal now.

I wonder if that means we can technically transfer marks to other characters. They're probably going to just remove the ability to make the sponsor tokens, but before that I guess it'll be possible to load up on a million of the things and give them to lower level characters to move marks to them.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I'd avoid planning for that until its actually in the live game and working that way.
  • Options
    It would be too late by then.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    UGH!
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    No fun if you can transfer your marks. The idea is to revitalise the queues.
  • Options
    casualsto wrote: »

You won't be able to transfer your Marks (ever). But sponsor tokens are by nature (doh) account-bound; so, just transfer the sponsor token, and trade them in on the toon of your choice.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    I believe in the livestream they said there would be one new energy type per reputation set. For example, there will be an experimental romulan disruptor beam along with the current plasma beam that’s already in the set. There however won’t be experimental romulan phaser beams, polaron beams, etc. I think this is good as it will prevent everyone from just using the beam from each reputation in whatever energy type they desire.

It will also prevent that the different energy types will come closer to each other in usefulness and keep the gap we currently have and potential increasing it for example if we get a Terran Phaser Weapons, Phaser will be dominant.

Bridger.png
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Lukari is one of the hardest these days sinec Gon'cra is still borked all to hell, followed by Competative, which doesn't even HAVE a battlezone associated with it.
    >
    > Delta and Iconian, you can actually get 2 a day running the last two open world missions on Kobali Prime.
    > Terran and Temporal have the Badlands Battlezone, Gamma, Undine, and Dyson have their own battlezones...
    >
    > Only one that doesn't have a battlezone is Omega. And before anyone mentions Defera... it doesn't offer elite marks.

It does. You have to do the ground missions and u need 3 other people
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    My question are any of the rep weapon energy types going to be ToS style phasers?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Here is an idea, instead of having to collect yet another set, just give an option to retool the weapons types, and all it would cost would be a few extra marks to unlock
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Here is an idea, instead of having to collect yet another set, just give an option to retool the weapons types, and all it would cost would be a few extra marks to unlock

Because rewards driving gameplay is rather central to an MMORPG. Players work towards incremental stat bonuses. If no work is involved (see. a few extra marks), then there's no emotional payoff in achievement. Using these tools in gameplay is only part of the equation. Don't leave out the other in this genre because the total amount of effort spent in a game helps retain users via the accompanying sense of investment.

The aim isn't minimization (ie. just give the players everything they want and hope instant gratification translates to a warm glow and a cash flow ad infinitum) but optimization. Ie. grinds being achievable but still noticeable. And from the sound of things T6 reps would seem to qualify as is (the time it take to get from T5-T6 should be similar to T4-T5, as guesstimomerated on Ten Forward Weekly.)

meimeitoo wrote: »
    casualsto wrote: »

You won't be able to transfer your Marks (ever). But sponsor tokens are by nature (doh) account-bound; so, just transfer the sponsor token, and trade them in on the toon of your choice.

You can transfer mark packages from endeavors too. Coupled with the big bonuses gained from reputations I don't think the sponsorship hording problem is going to have a material impact on the population (jump-started alts is a standard thing now and it's not like you're avoiding putting the work in, just front-loading it with a different character [and a time when you could be saving those marks for T6 reputation progress].)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Lukari is one of the hardest these days sinec Gon'cra is still borked all to hell, followed by Competative, which doesn't even HAVE a battlezone associated with it.

^^ This. Would be ever-so nice if they fixed Gon'chra first. They really need to. I know they don't care, but they should.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    There is a max of 4 BNP, 1 for each of the four Hard Missions per day. Though it seems that you can get the BNP for the Probe Hard Mission if you have it and someone completes it while you are on Planet.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    What I'd like to see is

Move the "Omega Ground Set" to be mission rewards for the Borg Story missions and leave the MACO/KHG as the standard (up to T5) ground set and make the "Assimilated" variants (with costume unlock) as T6.

Make the Nukara Environmental Suit actually worth grabbing by giving it an Armour Rating!

For the love of Spock ... Please, please PLEASE, create a Romulan and/or Reman Ground set (Praetorian?) WITH ARMOR VISUALS!!! With maybe a replica of S'harien's 'Sword of the Raptor Star' with both high kinectic/physical damage (handy against the Borg) plus maybe a Plasma burn proc. as well. They make a big deal out of finding the thing, so how about actually using it for something?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    aricamarajade#4600 aricamarajade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    So 1 tier to make the old que’s more active?
    I see some nice things, reps getting access to updated gear or less related to it. (Tholian disruptor quad canons make suddenly sense now)
    I rather some love to the reps and give them related shinies and some new seats/gear or visuals (including away team ones).
    My shipyard is filled with ships to stash my rep gear, including my unused boffs. (yep Tovan Kev who gets drilled by the Kurland holo boff)

But only time will tell how t6 reps will go. The info provided suggests much, but doesn't tell the entire picture yet, so I'll wait what actually will hit the game.
  • Options
    omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    What is a "fleet module"? Is it something I can add to a Tier 6 ship or is it just for Fleet Ships at the vendor?

Thanks! :)
    Klingon Chef: "Today is a good day to dine!"
  • Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    What is a "fleet module"? Is it something I can add to a Tier 6 ship or is it just for Fleet Ships at the vendor?

Thanks! :)
    For fleet ships at vendor. Good for those who don't want to spend zen/ec on this.

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    Hmmm, Tholian Disruptor sounds like fun Shield Drain proc + Disrupter Defense Debuff proc, sound kinda nice :)

Also how about doing away with the ridiculous "Costume Unlock" projects and instead make them automatic if you reach T6 AND have created all parts of the set?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    michelle82tmichelle82t Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Can we fill all the contribution fields with 1-click? I really hate to spend 10 minutes going through all details every hour. Why can't I just tell my officers "fill everything up and just file me a report"?