Install Arc
Options

Crystalline Catastrophe vs. Crystalline Cataclysm

124»

Comments

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    Crystalline Cataclysm (event map)
    The changes are fine, it just takes a couple minutes longer. I remember years ago when the previous CC change occurred and we had to avoid the blast wave (spoiler: we'll be able to tank this blast wave in a year or so too).
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    While I do love X rewards in the least amount of time; having an event that requires a bit of mechanics is worth the time.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    @peterconnorfirst just to let you know that this thread has been mentioned by Bort in a tweet on the STO twitter. So thanks for bringing it up and drumming up some interesting discussion!
    Good to see them acknowledge some of what goes on here as well!

Hey that’s very cool info. Thanks for passing it on Steve. :)

So… this means that STO’s DEVs still find time to check forums. I’m shocked. *Waves at Bort*
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    I defnitly prefere the new one. Sadly it seems that the pulse is completly nerfed by the last patch and its not dangerous anymore. only thing it did earlier was to kick you out of range basically :(
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Crystalline Catastrophe (regular map)
    I defnitly prefere the new one. Sadly it seems that the pulse is completly nerfed by the last patch and its not dangerous anymore. only thing it did earlier was to kick you out of range basically :(
    It was never really that dangerous before the patch. Not noticed any difference either its hitting me just the same now as it did pre patch.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    How much damage it does depends on how much people shoot it.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    It was never really that dangerous before the patch. Not noticed any difference either its hitting me just the same now as it did pre patch.

On my day 8 sessions (11 toons) yesterday I tried to edge/surf the blast in light of the new mechanic which is a great addition.

On a few occasions I got hit near the 10km outer rims and only took some minor damage. No idea if we deal with a reduction in dmg potential with range now or if the fire on the entity in absorption phase vs. drains applied (if this is even still a thing) just influenced the outcome there differently now.

In any case if I stay in close proximity and hammer 150k DPS at the entity during absorption the blast is still strong enough to blast me out of the sky.

With yesterday’s changes to the blast, sadly the orb weaver console seems to have become useless again (like on the regular map).

Heh, there I was in full confidence at 5km behind the web an boom… :D

xi8cf.jpg
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    warpangel wrote: »

yes but from something like pre patch:
    [11:10] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 963678 (2058829) Antiproton Damage to you with Energy Release.
    to something like this after the patch:
    [9:54] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 3940 (17502) Antiproton Damage to you with Energy Release.

that seems like a big hit to the dmg it does.
    defnitly prefered the first/old one since it was actually dangerous for everyone without a counter tactic. the new release is just not existant and we're back to the old "ignore that wave" thing
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Crystalline Catastrophe (regular map)

[11:10] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 963678 (2058829) Antiproton Damage to you with Energy Release.
    [9:54] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 3940 (17502) Antiproton Damage to you with Energy Release.

defnitly prefered the first/old one since it was actually dangerous for everyone without a counter tactic. the new release is just not existant and we're back to the old "ignore that wave" thing
    I am still seeing the first style damage not the 2nd low style. If range now affects the damage that would explain why I am not seeing any reduced damage. I just park 1km away and ignore the blast via dodge, resistance and hit points. Perhaps damage reduces the further away you are? All I can say for sure is when parked 1km away I see no noticeable difference in damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    pottsey5g wrote: »

I am still seeing the first style damage not the 2nd low style. If range now affects the damage that would explain why I am not seeing any reduced damage. I just park 1km away and ignore the blast via dodge, resistance and hit points. Perhaps damage reduces the further away you are? All I can say for sure is when parked 1km away I see no noticeable difference in damage.

managed to get at least this:
    [1:03] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 276497 (374716) Antiproton Damage to you with Energy Release.

at close range, better and more dangerous than the 17k hit b4 but far from the 2 mil ^^
    you might be right with your range thing. maybe its greatly reduced at 9km+ or so?

guess its time for the "who gets the biggest hit from the energy release" contest :D
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I've been flying in and out of the 10km range during blasts and still managing 1st place in the event mission the past two days. Three days ago I scored 2nd place twice. I notice that I'm queue'n up with a lot of people who sit there taking the blast and get vaped by it.

Best part is I'm using all disruptor base damage and the thing is more damaged by kenetic which I have no weapons for that damage type. I'm assuming my streak will run out at some people but it's been quite fun for me lately.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
This discussion has been closed.