test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elite Starter Pack Not Purchasable

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
I'm told that LTS players who have already maxed out character slots (possibly the others too) cannot purchase this item. Is this supposed to happen?
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    On the General Forum, someone noted, that could not buy it because he got maxed account shared bank slots too... don't know if it is intended ot bug, personally I'm waiting for sale.
    Edit:
    Couldn't wait long enough - buyed the pack.
    I'm not sure about the max account shared bank slots blocking the purchase - I had 100 slots (max for my F2P account), but I did buy it - and the account shared bank slots jumped to 120 slots.
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Yes that was me. The person in question has only maxed their character slots but still can’t purchase the item.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    also acc bank maxed ,hope it it will be fixed ,it's a nice deal
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I can't purchase it either cause of maxed character slots. They should just let you purchase it and if you are maxed on one thing then thats the one you don't get out of the pack. Its a nice deal for bank and inventory slots however if you can't purchase it its the same as no deal at all.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • sirimandasirimanda Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I had 1 char slot left, nothing maxed. Still couldn't purchase.

The responses from support were insulting.

I will make no further purchases from cryptic (I've spent thousands and would have more) nor will I promote their products (I know that I have earned them at lest 1k usd from promoting them, and that's minimum) until the elite starter pack is fixed. It is extremely damaging to older accounts not to be able to have access to this. For my account alone the bank slots would be worth several thousand dollars. It would almost be worth it to start all over again because of how damaging this is in the long game.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    your account needs to have the available room for the purchase to be available. if you don't have room for 2 new character slots, not enough room for 20 more shared bank slots, or if any character is at or near max in bank space or inventory space... sorry you can not buy.

this is meant as a replacement for subscriptions going away... they allowed current/older users to buy if they have the room... but if you have been playing for a while and bought alot of extra inventory/character slots... sorry but no go for you.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I outlined it on one of the original forum posts about it. Should I go hunt it down?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    sirimanda wrote: »

The responses from support were insulting.

I will make no further purchases from cryptic (I've spent thousands and would have more) nor will I promote their products (I know that I have earned them at lest 1k usd from promoting them, and that's minimum) until the elite starter pack is fixed. It is extremely damaging to older accounts not to be able to have access to this. For my account alone the bank slots would be worth several thousand dollars. It would almost be worth it to start all over again because of how damaging this is in the long game.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

what was the response?
    OK....when this Elite Starter Package went on sale, people noticed it would not work on certain characters due to hard limits on the amount of storage available per account or per character.

If an ACCOUNT does not have enough "HEAD ROOM" in each category, the system will block the purchase of the Elite Starter Pack.

I went through the Wiki and gathered all the info >>>

<copied and pasted from original post...edited for clarity.>

When you purchase the Elite Starter Pack, the following will unlock for your whole account:
    • One new Character Slot
    • 20 Shared Bank Slots
    • 5 Captain Retrain Tokens
    • An Increase on your Energy Credit Cap to 2 billion Energy Credits

Shared Bank Account = Silver Max 100 slots / Gold Max 120 slots

System will allow purchase of the Elite Starter Package. If you have Silver max of 100, this will take it to 120 slots; if you have Gold max of 120, this will take it to 140 slots.

Energy Credit Cap = Silver 15 Million
    Energy Credit Cap Unlock in Zen Store = 2 Billion

If you bought the Energy Credit Cap Unlock in the Zen Store, you own what is in the Elite Starter Pack. System will allow the purchase of the Elite Starter Package even if you already own the Energy Credit Cap Unlock.

Character Slots = STO Wiki states 56(?). Which means they are not sure if that is the max.

Count character slots you have unlocked and available for use by hovering your cursor over the "Character Creation" button on the Character Select Screen. Then, count all active characters on the Character Select Screen.

Sum up both these character numbers and subtract from max, if it is 1 or more, you are good to go. No more character slots left, the system will not allow you to buy the Elite Starter Pack.

++++++++++++++++

Once the initial product is purchased, a new product will appear called Elite Starter Pack Reclaim on all characters which meet the criteria. If a CHARACTER does not have enough "HEAD ROOM" in every category, the system will block the collection of Elite Starter Pack Reclaim on that particular character.

This is PER CHARACTER and unlocks:
    • 30 Inventory Slots
    • 60 Bank Slots
    • 2 Bridge Officer Slots

Inventory Slots = Silver Max 168 / Gold Max 204

Count INVENTORY Slots, subtract that from max. If the difference is more than 30, that character can collect the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim. If the difference is less than 30, that character can not claim the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim.

Bank Slots = Silver Max 264 / Gold Max 336

Count BANK slots, subtract from max. If the difference is more than 60, that character can collect the Elite Starter Package Reclaim. If the difference is less than 60, that character will not be able to collect the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim.

BOFF Slots = 54 Max per character.

Count BOFF slots available (even empty ones)...subtract from max. If the difference is more than 2, that character can claim the Elite Starter Package Reclaim. If it is less than 2, that character will not be able to collect the Elite Starter Package Reclaim.

Hope this helps. :)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    sirimanda wrote: »

They just gave everyone a new character for Victory is Life expansion. Yup, those count toward the character hard limit, too. That may be what messed you up. Did you count that one?

• sirimandasirimanda Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This pe-dates that.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I dont think the bank and inventory slots block it. I have several toons that were gold maxed and purchased max on both bank and inventory spaces, All of them were able to get the Elite pack reclaim giving them the extra slots.

So from m exerience it is only the Character and Account bank slots that would stop it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Shouldn't this be posted in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the Support forum? Thanks.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.