test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slipstream Turnrate bug since patch

Since this last patch there is absolutely no turn rate in slipstream anymore. even a raider will only go in a straight line.
Dunno if this just affects the obelisk warp core, which had its tooltip wording changed this patch.
Maybe some lucky person with the gamma rep warp core can see if that thing can do something other than
a straight line in slipstream.

Comments

• jnoble2011jnoble2011 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Can confirm I'm also having this issue. Turn rate is non-existant. Lead Foot trait will NOT stay applied. It flashes on for a second and is then removed. Tried multiple ships, logging out and back in and currently verifying installation. I too have the Obelisk warp core.
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I have Gamma core on 3 tour 2ns...

1. Turn rate in Slipstream fubar (Or stealth nerfed?).
    2. Lead Foot broken.
  • quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I have Gamma core on 3 tour 2ns...

1. Turn rate in Slipstream fubar (Or stealth nerfed?).
    2. Lead Foot broken.

So how's the gamma core? How does it compare to the obelisk? Do you notice the difference?
    erh pre-patch...guessing the turn rate is the same :P

im using Risian Luxury Cruiser

before patch
    Obelisk - 6.5 turn, ~ 43 speed
    Gamma - 6.5 turn, ~ 57 speed
    I guess turn rate on Risian Cruiser is limited, and u need Multi mission science ships (+consoles set) to get higher turn from core...

after patch
    Gamma - 4.4 turn, ~ 50 speed
    im using Risian Luxury Cruiser

before patch
    Obelisk - 6.5 turn, ~ 43 speed
    Gamma - 6.5 turn, ~ 57 speed
    I guess turn rate on Risian Cruiser is limited, and u need Multi mission science ships (+consoles set) to get higher turn from core...

after patch
    Gamma - 4.4 turn, ~ 50 speed

I was more thinking in terms of Tour the Galaxy, how much time would you say the gamma core gains(ed) you
    I do hope this is a bug and not an intended change...

• loop#9438 loop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I dont know what has happened but my turn rate has been pretty much halfed since patch. Could do a 90 degree turn in 4.8 sec before, now it less than 45 degrees while in slipstream.
    Sure hope they fix this really quick.
  • raelunxandeorraelunxandeor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Very low turn rate during slipstream while attempting to do "Tour of Galaxy" in any 9 characters I have @ 2.1 deg/sec. with following gear and traits: Lead Foot trait (+25% turn rate while in slipstream), Subspace Obelisk Rift Warp Core (+20% slipstream turn rate), and Engineering Console Polaric Modulator (w/ 20% slipstream turn rate). With Gamma Synergistic Warp Core (w/ +100% slipstream turn rate) getting 3.0 deg/sec. only. Using Miracle Worker ships, if that adds any help to the issue.

I was more thinking in terms of Tour the Galaxy, how much time would you say the gamma core gains(ed) you
    Gamma core save for me ~ 2.30 min. (before this patch).
    Now, i still manage to complete Tour, but its very close to 15 min limit...
  • hanzored5hanzored5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Space Trait : Lead Foot is not working
    Post edited by hanzored5 on
    I want to keep bumping this until it gets fixed. Whether its a bug or a stealth nerf, either way I'm annoyed.

Gamma core save for me ~ 2.30 min. (before this patch).
    Now, i still manage to complete Tour, but its very close to 15 min limit...

I got it today. Since patch-turn-bug i couldn't even make Ferenginar anymore (2 systems down total).
    Now with the gamma core i finish it all with 39 seconds left to spare ;)
    That core is awesome.
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    Did anyone tested the Vesta-class 2-piece Set yet ?
    (this thing gets you the most turn rate in slip stream)
  • loop#9438 loop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    preiko wrote: »

I have tried them, they still increase turn rate. Its just that my turn rate been halfed since last patch.
    Sure hope they fix this bug quickly, I can still make Tour of the Galaxy but its annoying as hell with bugs like these.
    edited July 2018
    loop#9438 wrote: »
    preiko wrote: »

I have tried them, they still increase turn rate. Its just that my turn rate been halfed since last patch.
    Sure hope they fix this bug quickly, I can still make Tour of the Galaxy but its annoying as hell with bugs like these.

makes 60 second slipstream ships kinda pointless doesn't it....

I used to start at Nimbus, 60 seconds took you through 2 more systems straight to the right of Nimbus,
    then you could swing down to Vorn and Iconia...no way to make that turn anymore.
    With this non-existing turn rate I doubt there is any place in tour the galaxy where you can actually make use of 60 second slipstream.

• chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This has been going on for much longer, see my post here https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1239406/tour-the-galaxy-slower-since-tues-3rd-april-maint

I tried gamma core on my tour setup on tribble test server and the slipstream turn was worse than obelisk core, the speed is better, I tested a distance run without diplo and with the gamma core I got slightly further than I get on live server with diplo.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
    Bump, again. This issue is still a problem that needs a resolution or some clarity behind why its been nerfed. Lead Foot is also broken.
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I am also affected.. and my Tour of the Galaxies are not even to be done this way...
    Took a long time investing and preparing my Galaxy to do it.. and usually finished it. Not anymore.. 1 min slipstream just to go straight doesn't make sense.
    Been buying Lead Foots to my other toons, expensive as hell.. and now they don't work at all :(
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
    Bump. Need to keep raising awareness of this issue until it gets resolved. 3 (maybe four) patches and counting and still no fix or acknowledgement that its an issue.
  • joshuamccurryjoshuamccurry Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    jnoble2011 wrote: »
    Bump. Need to keep raising awareness of this issue until it gets resolved. 3 (maybe four) patches and counting and still no fix or acknowledgement that its an issue.

Yup, still a problem for me, too. I've reported it weekly, at least.
  • drnostrindrnostrin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the T5 Vesta bundle. My turn rate went from 23.2 to 8.4 per sec. This is so stupid because I paid for it. I barely make the tour now with 20 secs on the clock. I went from a Farrari to Fiat.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    It's the same on consoles since ViL got ported last week. Very low turnrate in Slipstream vs to what it used to be before.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    More like a Yugo than a Fiat. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know what this means? New ship Bundle with new Specialization, Lockbox Traits, and Consoles that will focus on Sector travel, Slipstream, and Transwarp. Just invest and you'll get back to where you were before. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > You know what this means? New ship Bundle with new Specialization, Lockbox Traits, and Consoles that will focus on Sector travel, Slipstream, and Transwarp. Just invest and you'll get back to where you were before. :)

I hope you're wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. :(
    drnostrin wrote: »
    I have the T5 Vesta bundle. My turn rate went from 23.2 to 8.4 per sec. This is so stupid because I paid for it. I barely make the tour now with 20 secs on the clock. I went from a Farrari to Fiat.

Since Fiat owns Ferrari when you drive a Ferrari you are driving a Fiat :)

• nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Still the same here also, of course! Last time i checked, it was working correctly on Tribble server
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png