test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa 2018... Accolades: Mok'bara/Fireworks/Argument

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
Can someone please check that these actions are still at the 20 minute per 2 hour interval???
And has not reverted to the 20 seconds???

I have only seen the couple arguing run for one cycle at a time, and same with the Fireworks. Have not found the Mok'bara.

When I was on Risa BEFORE the Summer Event started....the fireworks would go on much longer, and Frtoaster and I were on the arch having a convo while doing Mok'bara.

Patch notes from Risa 2017 states:
Resolved an issue that caused the arguing couple, fireworks, and Mok'bara Klingons to only appear for about 20 seconds every 2 hours.
They now appear for approximately 20 minutes every 2 hours.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10547844
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Pavel has not moved from one beach (25) for over an hour. Fireworks pretty much going off again and again. When trying to move a toon to 25 that needs to do the Pavel line he is not there for that toon. They appear to be well and truly mucked. It would be nice if a zone time clock could be put it once things are no longer frozen in time in order to do the accolades that were easy to track with the day to night feature. I'll just throw in a harp about that as well. It made Bajor and Risa more enjoyable. Far more enjoyable than some new Ooooo light feature.
  • Options
    anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    i made a lots of Risa accolade yesterday on my ferengi captain she's less than 5 month old.
    - Pavyl's work perfectly, just talk to him, them find him, then retrun on the beach for the next parts (got the Master Relaxer)
    - Mok'bara is every hour :30 over the first arch after the powerboard race.
    - the Klingon/trill couple (just need to wait near the tranposter pad)

- dind't find the campfire...
    coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mok'bara = starts 30 mins after the hour, on the arch closest to the Promenade.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours from minutes 30 to minutes 50
    GMT, Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours from minutes 30 to minutes 50

I will sit on the Dock and watch for the Fireworks and Argument tomorrow to document exact times.

Pavyl is working fine....for characters who can SEE him on the beach. On some characters he is in limbo land...they can not see him. It has something to do with having left Risa on the character with game unfinished a couple of years ago.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Fireworks will repeatedly go off for 20 mins...according to the fix the Devs put in place in 2017. That is how it should work....you should see a fireworks show on a loop. Trill and Klingon Arguing should keep repeating for 20 mins, also.

I have NOT seen either one of these (fireworks or Arguments) happen for 20 mins straight. It only happens once then they are gone. It could just be me rushing around doing other things....or just catching the last occurrence.

Will watch from the dock tomorrow and document the times.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Hmmm.. interesting... I was in an instance where there were "Onlookers" but no fireworks.
    Then in another occasion, I saw Fireworks display played only one time on the hour.

Though I KNOW I seen the fireworks display on a loop before...

So, it looks like there may be a plethora of fireworks options available. LOL!
    This one may take me longer to unravel.

EDIT:

Extra notes: Fireworks observed from 9:00am-9:03am and two hours later from 11:00am-11:03am. This is not how it was working before this year's summer event kicked off. It would run in a loop for a while (did not time it).

Hmmm...I was able to trigger fireworks to start again by signing out and signing back in on the character that quit seeing the fireworks. So, I kept signing in and out of characters until the Fireworks stopped showing up. That was at 11:23am.

I am going to cold restart the computer...obviously some sort of memory is overloaded or something! LOL!

I only caught the Trill/Klingon argument at 9:43am-9:46am. This ran one time only. Waiting for 11:43am to roll around.

BTW...I am on Pacific Daylight Time here in Arizona.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    I was in an instance yesterday where the 'Onlooker' NPC's spawned, argued for about the 20 secs, then despawned...then again the same cylce about 10-20 mins later...thought it was kind of odd, so maybe this bug has creeped back in...

Also, fireworks has issues: was on an instance the other day where the crowd gathered on the dock, but no fireworks went off. Stood in the spot for like 20 mins, and nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I was in an instance yesterday where the 'Onlooker' NPC's spawned, argued for about the 20 secs, then despawned...then again the same cylce about 10-20 mins later...thought it was kind of odd, so maybe this bug has creeped back in...

Also, fireworks has issues: was on an instance the other day where the crowd gathered on the dock, but no fireworks went off. Stood in the spot for like 20 mins, and nothing.

There seems to be issues with FX NOT rendering properly...when some sort of ceiling is hit.

Part of this is my bad.....I am grinding Risa on 10 characters this morning. Constantly switching, switching switching...to see how the program deals with which instance has a event going.

I have seen this happen on Risa before....and I know it is strongly connected to switching to multiple characters one after another and how busy it gets in the instance. I usually restart my STO program after an Horga'hn Hunt run on 5 charactersto keep things cleared. (I am never quite fast enough to finish the 5th one. LOL!) Not sure if it is with the game program OR with my memory on the graphics card.

I am going to reschedule all tests to later at night (Off Peak USA time). I think I will have better luck testing like I do....at those times.

• Options
    How thing are shaking out right now.....

FIREWORKS= starts on the hour, in the harbor. Characters can be on the dock, the dance floor, on a floater...but have to be in the harbor area.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours from minutes :01 until minutes 23.
    GMT or Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours from minutes :01 until minutes 23.

MOK'BARA = starts 30 mins after the hour, on the arch closest to the Promenade.

GMT, Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours from minutes 30 to minutes 50

Still trying to catch the Klingon/Trill Argument.
    I had to get lunch together for everyone so missed that 11:44am one.
    Note: I am in Pacific Daylight Time here in Arizona.

If someone wouldn't mind double checking my times...I think I got the odd/even hours correct...
    but would be nice to get more eyes on it.

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I checked tonight and Fireworks appeared to start on time, but ended about 5 minutes early. Mok'bara was spot on, and coincides with the arguing Klingon and Trill, who cycle through their whole animation now, then there's a gap, then they show up again. I didn't sty there and time the whole thing, but I watched them do it 3 different times, including right on the half hour, and at approximately 48 minutes past the hour, so I assume that they do the whole thing several times during their 20 minutes.

So, Onlooker will be the same as Mok'bara above, 30 minutes past to 50 minutes past the hour on even hours UTC.

Of the 3, only Fireworks seems to be a bit odd.
    arliekkos wrote: »
    Pavel has not moved from one beach (25) for over an hour. Fireworks pretty much going off again and again. When trying to move a toon to 25 that needs to do the Pavel line he is not there for that toon. They appear to be well and truly mucked. It would be nice if a zone time clock could be put it once things are no longer frozen in time in order to do the accolades that were easy to track with the day to night feature. I'll just throw in a harp about that as well. It made Bajor and Risa more enjoyable. Far more enjoyable than some new Ooooo light feature.

They appear to be mostly fine, and don't get going on how easy it was in the "good old days." Sure, you knew by the sky when something "could" happen, once you learned what those times were, but you were never sure "if" it would happen at those times, because it was random whether it happened in any given day/night cycle, at least for Fireworks Observer and Onlooker. Now you just need to learn when the real world clock time for each of these 3 is and you're guaranteed to find it then, with Fireworks maybe ending a tad early or late. I don't know about you, but I tend to prefer a guaranteed predictable outcome to random letdowns.

Pavyl is the only thing truly broken under the new system, and only if you had started, but not finished, his games before the change. You can look in any instance on the character who can't see him and he just won't be there because you still have an invisible mission from the old version of him. They should really auto-drop that for everyone, like they do with other missions in the game when they change them. That would presumably fix the problem.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    OK...just as I suspected....

It is now 9:18pm...which is just past Midnight on the East Coast...less people on the servers in general.
    I am in an instance with only 15 people. My character has been watching Fireworks repeating in a loop since about 9:03pm.

So, this part of the issue with special animations disappearing...has something to do with getting on a map with where there are less people and at a time when it is slower.

• Options
    Well...I have the Dance Off starting soon... and then the Klingon/Trill should start arguing in 10 mins...so I will dance until then and see how often they repeat their arguing.

I figured out Pavyl missing has something to do with the Day/Night being removed...and that hung him up in limbo land. BUT I think getting the "Master Relaxer" accolade after only doing 2 of the 4 Pavyl games is tied to how they decided to fix that issue.

I don't think they can reset Pavyl completely. He is tied to his own accolades as well as the main Risa Accolade which is tied into the DOFF Vendor on Risa.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    OK....decided to play around on Risa with Frtoaster last night...so, never got back here about the Klingon/Trill Argument that ran at 9:43pm and their skit lasted till about 9:46pm. But only one time completely...all the way to the Klingon walking off. And did not repeat.

So, I tried that trick of signing off to the character select screen and right back in (saw tiny bit of fireworks????)....then the pair re-materialize (like ghosts) one time....and immediately disappeared, never going through their skit.

And I tried several more times signing in with different characters....only saw the Klingon/Trill Argument on one more character after that. Of course, nothing after 9:50pm, I assume the window closed. I do not know if it was related to instance, or the game, or my computer. ????

++++++++++++++++++

NOTE: I should have finished my dance party...I had time. I cut off my dance at 10/20 dances...so I could be standing on the dock at 9:40pm. The pair did not materialize on the dock until 9:43pm.

• Options
    All of my characters have finished the Master Relaxer accolade. Not sure I want to spend any more time on this.

Here is what I found:

FIREWORKS= starts on the hour, in the harbor. Characters can be on the dock, the dance floor, on a floater...but have to be in the harbor area.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours from minutes :01 until minutes 23.
    GMT or Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours from minutes :01 until minutes 23.

MOK'BARA = starts 30 mins after the hour, on the arch closest to the Promenade.

KLINGON/TRILL ARGUING = starts at 43 mins after the hour, on the docks by the Floater Vendor, and Flying High NPC.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours starts at minutes 43 and skit ends at minutes 46.
    GMT, Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours at minutes 43 and skit ends at minutes 46.

To be safe: make sure you catch the first run of skit at 43 mins after the hour....because I can not verify if it repeats more than once.