• jonbotone#2618 jonbotone Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    so are we getting a baseball mini-game?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    so are we getting a baseball mini-game?

Neverwinter's summer event has a soccer mini game
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Cmon, cryptic. How about a REGULAR Cruiser? We haven't had a REGULAR cruiser in years.

It's been a while since I played the Temporal missions, but this is the largest of the Vorgon ships (at least when you play a higher level character) in-game. I was hoping that it'd become available for the Summer Event.

But with the Temporal thing wrapped up (for now, with rogue Krenim agents about....), I was almost expecting another ship.

Like a T6 version Ferengi Marauder, considering the last ship before the Vorgon ships was the T6 Ferengi Nandi Warship. Hopefully it'd become avaiable sometime in the future :smiley:
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Cmon, cryptic. How about a REGULAR Cruiser? We haven't had a REGULAR cruiser in years.

It's been a while since I played the Temporal missions, but this is the largest of the Vorgon ships (at least when you play a higher level character) in-game. I was hoping that it'd become available for the Summer Event.

But with the Temporal thing wrapped up (for now, with rogue Krenim agents about....), I was almost expecting another ship.

Like a T6 version Ferengi Marauder, considering the last ship before the Vorgon ships was the T6 Ferengi Nandi Warship. Hopefully it'd become avaiable sometime in the future :smiley:

I wanna see more....well, Risian ships :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I seriously hope the baseball uniforms aren't infected with the map-restrictions that most of the Risa clothes have. Are they?

Only the swimsuits have the restriction. My Temporal Recruit's been running around in shorts and the Gorn Hawaiian shirt for the past year.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I would respectfully differ, sir. The largest of the Vorgon trifecta is the Ryn'kodan class, of which the only named example is the VSV Arbarel. It does not launch frigates, and uses the harrasser probes instead of the subphasic defense drone). I cannot recall at present if unnamed examples appear in 'Ragnarok' or the Procyon V STF (and, if so, whether they operate as carriers).

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    This console or PC only?

PS4 has it showing on the double login.

Delta recruit is due to end two days after which was when VIL dropped onto PC which means we'll have downtime for the lolnut patch then another for VIL because you just know cryptic won't have planned ahead and worked a patch that covers both things as a single download.

Nah, VIL launched nearly 3 weeks after the Delta Recruit rerun ended on PC. You might have a few weeks of Risa before VIL if that same pattern holds for consoles.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Agreed. I didn't play the corvette much, but the cruiser was a delight. I actually preferred it over the c-store Odyssey, until T6 came out. I haven't pulled it out since, due to T6 mastery.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    New to this, is it possible to get the ship during 1 holiday, or does it take multiple characters, and maybe even past years vouchers?

You only need one character to do it and you can do it in one Event and it will unlock for all characters on an account, including new ones added after the event. There are enough days to even account for days taken off, if you don't take off too many. You need 1000 vouchers and you get 40 each run you make per 20 hours, so do the math and account for maint days and you should be fine.

So....25 runs to get the ship and the event runs much longer than that.

PS: You can make as many runs in a day as you like, every fifteen minutes or half hour, I think. But only the vouchers are gotten every 20 hours, after that it's Favors.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Agreed. I didn't play the corvette much, but the cruiser was a delight. I actually preferred it over the c-store Odyssey, until T6 came out. I haven't pulled it out since, due to T6 mastery.

Was the first 'special ship' I got, since I started playing around the time of the Risian '14 event, and loved the cruiser. Might be one of the ships I am gonna get printed.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    ANccYzm.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    so can I assume the baseball outfits can be worn anyplace
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > ok so who came up with the Babylon 5 Whitestar

Dunno, but something about the wing shape makes me feel like people got their T6 luxury cruiser.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    T6 Risian Corvette 2019. Come on. Make it happen!

No new swimwear either, or at the very least some beach-related attire to add to existing swimsuits, that would have been cool.

Not a fan of the Tyjara's looks.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • shaneo3shaneo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    that uniform the jem'hadar is wearing, is about to be upcoming content i assume?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    shaneo3 wrote: »
    that uniform the jem'hadar is wearing, is about to be upcoming content i assume?
    I'm pretty sure that's the KDF-Allied Dominion Uniform.

ETA, the one on the right...
    https://i.imgur.com/u0hTN2m.png

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    My prediction for the date was two days off. xD Also it looks like I was right about the Vorgon Cruiser but wrong about it being a science ship sadly, looks like my tetryon sci wont be using it after all. Unless it is a tac based cruiser I am pretty much tired of engineering ships and the carrier was already one.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Sorry if this is a nube question, or if it's been answered before, BUT could someone please tell me what outfit that Jem Hadar is wearing and where do I get one?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Also it looks like I was right about the Vorgon Cruiser but wrong about it being a science ship sadly, looks like my tetryon sci wont be using it after all.
    Quite aside from its designation as a 'dreadnought' being questionable, we do not know its console and boff layout at this time. Given how the Xyfius and Ryn'kodan are set up (tactical and engineering, respectively), it would be logical for the Tyjara to be science-flavored.

On a related note, the labels for the NPC Vorgon ships being updated to reflect their proper designations is long overdue.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Sorry if this is a nube question, or if it's been answered before, BUT could someone please tell me what outfit that Jem Hadar is wearing and where do I get one?

It's the uniform given to Jem'Hadar who align themselves with the KDF.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2018

It's the uniform given to Jem'Hadar who align themselves with the KDF.

Ahhh - I thank you

I like it, the devs did a great job with it

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Also it looks like I was right about the Vorgon Cruiser but wrong about it being a science ship sadly, looks like my tetryon sci wont be using it after all.
    Quite aside from its designation as a 'dreadnought' being questionable, we do not know its console and boff layout at this time. Given how the Xyfius and Ryn'kodan are set up (tactical and engineering, respectively), it would be logical for the Tyjara to be science-flavored.

On a related note, the labels for the NPC Vorgon ships being updated to reflect their proper designations is long overdue.
    Usually when coupled with the term 'cruiser' a dreadnought tends to be primarily engi based with sci or tac as secondary. But they have broken the norm sometimes so it might not end up the way I am saying. The term dreadnought on its own can be anything.
  • reconalpha1reconalpha1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    As usual the tactical module is the only one worth it. /sigh

It looks like a reskin of the Coordinate Bombing Strike Mk 12
    I hope this version is upgradeable.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    "Captains will be able to acquire and try traditional sporting event snacks. Such snacks include Caramel-Coated Popcorn, Peanuts, Hotdogs, Stadium Brew and Nachos!"

Five different kinds of nachos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcaej-i3QQo
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Considering they were the first ships.... :blush:

Yeah, T6 Risian ships are overdue :smiley:
    Looking forward to new emotes (besides "Safe!", is there "You're outta here!"?), and the uniforms (mind you, I guess it's too late to suggest batting helmets as well). Does the new foods lead to new Summer Event Tribble?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnQ-U0Ovgks

Almost makes me wish there were 25th Century hockey teams... (thinking next Winter Event)

Maybe with hover or anti-grav skates....