test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2018 Risa Lolhunat Festival!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
On July 3rd, return to Risa for a Vorgon Cruiser, baseball uniforms, new emotes and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10934263

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    baseball uniforms!

/sigh :|

Well, at least I get to save most of the 10k favors I still had from last year.

edit: Cruiser looks nice, though. :)

edit2: I suppose, from the standpoint of "something from DS9", baseball uniforms was about the only vaguely-summer-vacation there was to do.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Cmon, cryptic. How about a REGULAR Cruiser? We haven't had a REGULAR cruiser in years.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I seriously hope the baseball uniforms aren't infected with the map-restrictions that most of the Risa clothes have. Are they?
    warpangel wrote: »
    I seriously hope the baseball uniforms aren't infected with the map-restrictions that most of the Risa clothes have. Are they?

I'd be surprised if they weren't in Off Duty, like the shorts & shirts. Since they aren't anything even vaguely related to 'swimwear'.
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Please tell me the emotes will be in the lohlunat store
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    A dreadnought Cruiser?

Cmon, cryptic. How about a REGULAR Cruiser? We haven't had a REGULAR cruiser in years.
    The descriptor might be a mistake. I'd have to dig around a bit to be sure, but I seem to remember the Tyjara-class being smaller than the Ryn'kodan, never mind actual dreadnoughts (Tarantula, Paradox, et cetera). But I am pleased at the opportunity to wrap up this trifecta, and look forward to reading the details on this ship and its console (S.I.F. Inverter, whose ability might be similar to Structural Integrity Collapse)... and the new full-set Vorgon Expertise bonus (which might include cooldown reductions for the consoles, in the vein of Hypercooled Technology).
    warpangel wrote: »
    I should hope not. And would also think it reasonable to expect that versions of the uniform and cap both exist which can be colored to the players' whims... in fact, the cap should be wearable with duty uniforms. Sort of related: the emote shows is 'safe'; I suspect the others include 'out', 'pitch', 'swing'... and 'call the shot'.

And on the subject of non-combat pets: the magmatic drone model would not be unwelcome as such... which also reminds me that the Nukara vanity drones are long overdue for a return (I would prefer them without the use-time limit, but that is less annoying with the FCA admiralty taskings providing a source of GPL).
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So the Summer Event won't be installed until Tuesday? :p

Seriously though, most of the new stuff looks good, even if I don't think I'll use it.

New food items, meh. Buy one summer food item to breed an event Tribble and that's the last I see of that kind of stuff.

Not real interested in the baseball uniforms, except for the hats.

Never bought any of the pets in the past, doubt that'll change anytime soon unless we get a separate pet tab since all the pets do is take up valuable inventory space.

The new kit mods sound interesting, but still haven't bought past ones. Maybe this year.

New boards and floaters. I'll buy the ones with the best stats in the style that offends me the least. One of the few times I go for stats over look.

And of course the new Vorgon Dreadnought Cruiser. I like the looks of it. It'll be interesting to see if it may be more of a Sci leaning cruiser since the carrier last year had more of an Engineering focus.

A 6 week vacation from the perils of the Galaxy sounds good right about now.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Please, please, tell me, you did not make the ball caps to where you have to wear the uniform to. If so, I'm not wasting my time on them.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    As usual the tactical module is the only one worth it. /sigh
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ironguardian24ironguardian24 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    >hats
    What is this, Team Fortress 2? :P

In all seriousness though, it's good to finally see an announcement for this. I almost lost hope that we'd even *have* a Summer Event this year.
    There's a first time for everything... Give the noobs a break, they're still learning. Don't hate, help.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Despite what others might say, I like that ship.Then again, I like cruisers/dreadnoughts. Can't wait to see the specs.

The other stuff looks interesting too. Will have to figure out where all my favors are.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Another Vorgon ship, cruiser, was expected & the design looks sleek, but stats will sink or swim it for me.

That's the shame about Cryptic's approach towards previous event ships/items if you miss out on 1 of a set or series you have to gamble with terrible odds to try to earn it & it neuters the yearning to get the next ship/item unless the stats are good.

The baseball uniforms are a nice DS9 Sisko tribute so might be nice to get 1 or all.

I don't have any interest in getting another powerboard &/or floater just for cosmetic differences.

Vanity pets aren't really my thing, but I know the caracals do seem popular & this might be the first Holographic pet.

The Kit Modules, all 3, sound fun to me & I hope they have cool animations because that would make them very desirable.

The emotes I'm not really into since they only serve a cosmetic purpose, but I know some find those popular & entertaining.

• jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    This console or PC only?
  • glc476#0950 glc476 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @"jrdobbsjr#3264" said:
    > This console or PC only?

It appears to be both. What that means for the console release of ViL I don’t know. I would rather have the expansion, personally.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I'm a console player and I'm just wondering will we have access to train our bridge officers last year's kit modules like "Gravitonic Spike", "Hurricane Turret" etc?

Also Console players never had a chance to get their hands on last year's vorgon cruiser.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Please let the ballcaps be usable for off duty costumes as well!!!!!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Finally! Thanks for the news Kael.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    The new ship looks really nice
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
      Another year, and another lack of a T6 corvette.

The dreadnought DOES look good, in all fairness. As all vorgon ships look good. What aggravates me is the Vorgons are super rare in STO to begin with, and even rarer in the shows. But the corvette was one of the most popular ships you guys ever released. I'm still using it! And I wish there was a T6 version.
      I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
      I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
    • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      Baseball!! Cool.
      I like that holographic look on the Risian Caracal... I may finally buy one for one of my characters.

Ship looks nice. A bit too curvy for my tastes. What are the stats? Admiralty stats, that is. LOL!
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
      edited June 2018
      Any chance we can get DOFF missions to earn lolhnuts?
      I have 300, total.

However I have over 1000 of every single winter ornament type, each. Combine that with the higher expense of summer items (in raw # of currency), and you can see the disparity is real. I'd love a DOFFing way to earn the summer currency, to match what we have in winter.
      I pretty much haven't purchased any summer stuff in 8 years (I barely had enough to get floaters on all my characters, and two summer outfits, one for each of two characters). That's it. While I have tons of winter outfits, modules, and other gear.
      LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
      Finally the silence is broken. I have been looking forward to hunting eggs and Lohlunat favors...it was getting boring just doing the same old grind time after time.

Any chance to make this last till September since you guys delayed it for a longer time?​​
      Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
      Original STO beta tester.
      phoenix841 wrote: »
      I have 300, total.

However I have over 1000 of every single winter ornament type, each. Combine that with the higher expense of summer items (in raw # of currency), and you can see the disparity is real. I'd love a DOFFing way to earn the summer currency, to match what we have in winter.
      I pretty much haven't purchased any summer stuff in 8 years (I barely had enough to get floaters on all my characters, and two summer outfits, one for each of two characters). That's it. While I have tons of winter outfits, modules, and other gear.

Yeah, the lolwuts have a bit of a "takes money to make money" aspect to them. Once I had enough to buy a 1000-favor floater, they just started to multiply. The more alts with fast floaters you have, the more you can get out of the Horgahn Hunt. I can run 5 characters through a 15m hunt and get ~500 favors. So I could get another fast floater or swimsuit in 2 hunts. (And since I was doing the hunt to get bird eggs to turn into rep marks for my alt characters, I finished up last year with 16k favors left over.)

But yeah, the doff missions during Winter are pretty convenient.
    • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
      kiralyn wrote: »
      I have 300, total.

Yeah, the lolwuts have a bit of a "takes money to make money" aspect to them. Once I had enough to buy a 1000-favor floater, they just started to multiply. The more alts with fast floaters you have, the more you can get out of the Horgahn Hunt. I can run 5 characters through a 15m hunt and get ~500 favors. So I could get another fast floater or swimsuit in 2 hunts. (And since I was doing the hunt to get bird eggs to turn into rep marks for my alt characters, I finished up last year with 16k favors left over.)

But yeah, the doff missions during Winter are pretty convenient.

Interesting, I'll have to try that. I could never justify the need for anything more than the cheapest floater.
      I may have to reconsider that. Thanks for that information!
      LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      This console or PC only?

PS4 has it showing on the double login.

Delta recruit is due to end two days after which was when VIL dropped onto PC which means we'll have downtime for the lolnut patch then another for VIL because you just know cryptic won't have planned ahead and worked a patch that covers both things as a single download.
    • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User

Interesting, I'll have to try that. I could never justify the need for anything more than the cheapest floater.
      I may have to reconsider that. Thanks for that information!

also, we have that super-handy holo-vendor now, so it's easy to spawn it, drop in your Lols, and then switch to the next char.

LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      wish they adjust the cost of the items for summer... 1k for mods is a bit much since there are no doffing missions at all. for a solo player it's hard to rack up favours unless you spend full work days grinding this stuff out. Just not fun at all. It's ok if it was account unlocks but it's not... all bind to acquire solo stuff.
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      The dreadnought DOES look good, in all fairness. As all vorgon ships look good. What aggravates me is the Vorgons are super rare in STO to begin with, and even rarer in the shows.
      I'd said earlier that the 'dreadnought' descriptor might be a mistake... so just to be sure, I took another crack at 'Temporal Reckoning' to get a shot which would better show its notional size (admittedly, it might have been better to take a cruiser or an actual dread instead of the Defiant-class)...

28158610827_492763262d_o.jpg

It's... apparently dwarfed by the actual dreadnoughts.
      But the corvette was one of the most popular ships you guys ever released. I'm still using it! And I wish there was a T6 version.
      Indeed, it's very fun, especially if you add the Polaric Modulator and use the Pilot spec...