What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Introducing Re-engineering!

124»

Comments

• Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Exactly what STO needs; another Slotmachine & Dil eater on top of it.
  • Options
    zimmerminzimmermin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about instead of a Slot machine you actually make it worth it to get R&D up to 20 giving you the ability to make a Padd (like the ones for Officer training) with a standard officer, Make a mod you want. The only catch would be you'd need the R&D Doff of whatever item you are trying to mod plus whatever mats you'd need to be able to mod it.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    But to implement that they'd probably add another 5 levels to grind up in each R&D school and lock the required doffs behind a gamblebox wall. Crafting is already enough of a boring timesink without adding more on top.
  • Options
    darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Stop using dilithium to sink this into.
  • Options
    celladothcelladoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Could we get a means to break down items in bulk, like the replicator tab? if you're planning to break down several items at once, right clicking on all of them to hit the salvage option can get tedious.
  • Options
    selden677selden677 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Would really love a list of items that can be rerolled at launch so we can have the items that we want to re-engineer all set and ready to go.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    selden677 wrote: »
    Would really love a list of items that can be rerolled at launch so we can have the items that we want to re-engineer all set and ready to go.
    Check out the system on tribble. Also,
    Certain types of equipment cannot be Re-Engineered -

Warp/Singularity Cores

Consoles

Kit Frames

Reputation Items

Featured Episode Rewards

Sometimes, the list of things you can't do is WAYYYYY shorter than the list of things that you can do.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Make the salvage bound to account, then its useful, otherwise its just a TRIBBLE and useless feature.

My crafter doesn't leave space dock....EVER, which renders this salvage feature pointless and useless.....i would have thought you would have been more intelligent, but you are a developer company, i should have known better.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I've had a play with the system and I like what it does the Ui is nice and simple to use.

Now for some suggestions to improve the system/experience

1. Add Salvage to R&D boxes that drop from PvE.

2. In the Inventory Tab under Replicator/Recycle please add a Salvage button so we can quickly salvage multiple items just like the Recycle button allows us to discard multiple items (The time it takes to have to manually select each item and salvage it 1 by 1 if you have a lot to get rid of is astronomical)

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Quick thought on salvage: Why isn't there a "Salvage" tab right next to the "Recycle" one in the Replicator? And why doesn't tool tips on salvageable parts list the amount? Shouldn't this be remedial stuff?
    Post edited by dragonhef01 on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ?!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Also, what's wrong with trying to salvage plasma weaponry at low levels when you're 60?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Here's a thought. Instead of those useless Buffs you get from the Competitive Reputation, change it to Salvage Packs. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    I mean yes, it would be awesome if we could pick the exact mod we wanted instead of having to roll, but we lost that battle. Going forward, my biggest complaints are that the salvage mechanic could be handled better. Instead of going through and right clicking on each individual item, there should be an easier way to bulk salvage a bunch of stuff. Further, it would be nice to be able to transfer salvage between characters on the same account. Also, am looking forward to warp cores being able to be re-engineered, there's a very specific set of mods I want on a warp core, and currently it's not possible to get them
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    A Developer specifically stated that one of the reasons for not being able to pick the mod you want was financial.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    A Developer specifically stated that one of the reasons for not being able to pick the mod you want was financial.

aka, they wanted us to buy more Zen, which we would convert into Dilithium.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with their greed if we got the following:

1: Salvage is account bound, NOT character bound

2: Re-Engineering is not RANDOM, we choose the stats, the more we pick up to 3 for very rare, 4 for ultra rare and so on the more it costs to do.

3: The customers play the game, we buy your stuff, so treat us better, because without us, you would have jack and TRIBBLE and jack just left town.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Yeah that was fairly obvious from the get go. It's just disappointing.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jamiek81 wrote: »
    1: Salvage is account bound, NOT character bound
    Given how easy it is to generate salvage this is utterly pointless.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I've noticed that since thissystem went live, the price of many "vendor trash" items has skyrocketed in the exchange. Does anyone feel this is because people are wanting them for their salvage value?
  • Options
    Of course, the Ferengi react instantly to any change or notice of a change to the game. Brings out the best in people. ;)

Well today, to fill out my Doff Assignments, I started running those Engineering Upgrade Assignments that I never run, to get trash for the Salvage.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Firstly I love the whole re-engineering things although crafted items should be wholly re-engineer-able not just some stats.
    Secondly the salvaging of items needs to be rolled out to a lot more than we currently can. There's quite a lot of old weapons in my bank I want to salvage, now that we are seeing a new type of weapon coming out, but can't as for some reason you guys haven't allowed us to. instead I'm having to grind items for salvage in badlands etc. Maybe the Devs can do this in future or gradually roll out more items that can be salvaged with each patch.
  • Options
    yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Well, here is my summary on how this appears to work:
    1) You can specify which mod(s) you wish to re-roll, so no worries about losing a [pen] mod or something
    2) Every mod has the same chance of rolling, but you don't get the same mod you had before.

Which means:
    Getting the mods you want is now dirt cheap. You only really need to get any ultra-rare version of what you want and re-engineer it to the mods you like. Don't believe me? Just check the current market price for mods like [crtD]x4 or [dmg]x4. Before the introduction of the feature they used to cost like 70+ millions

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It's not dirt-cheap, but it can be affordable and it created a more homogenous market, at the expense of reducing EC inflation.

Also looking forward to having rep-items and mission-reward items as re-engineerable as soon as possible.
  • Options
    cuckoocaptincuckoocaptin Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    When re-engineering Quad Cannons, I lose a modifier... anyone else experience this...? Went from [ac/dm][critx][dmg]x4 to [ac/dm][critx][dmg]x3
  • Options
    jtfrost1jtfrost1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The main reason I was looking forward to the whole re-engineering system was to add [EPG] to my consoles...Namely: Exotic Particle Field Exciters & Conductive RCS Accelerators. Would either of those be too overpowered? Keeping in mind the Nomad fleet star cruiser T5U has 5 eng, 4 sci & 2 tac slots. CDR & LTCDR eng Lt tac & LT & ENS sci