What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Of Lobi, Latinum, and Ferengi

2»

Comments

• Options
    themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Admiralty cards! They should sell admiralty ships in the GPL store. They could be lower tiers, or even all tiers.

Assuming they are one-time use? That's a great idea.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Admiralty cards! They should sell admiralty ships in the GPL store. They could be lower tiers, or even all tiers.

It could work, but I'm not a fan. The Latinum store should have something more unique in it. Admiralty booster packs are already available from the lobi store and other places. And besides, admiralty ships are not really that special or fun or desirable. Sure they're very useful, but I don't lust after them like I would a vanity shield or special weapon/equipment.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Here's my understanding of why lobi is now valuable:

To start with an Earth example, diamonds are basically worthless and very common. The only reason they are so expensive is because one company owns a monopoly on them. This allows them to restrict how many diamonds are in circulation, thus fixing the price.

Most likely, the lobi crystal consortium has somehow attained a monopoly on the lobi crystals and done the same.
    Well, gem quality diamonds aren't easy to find most places.

Truth is if not for clever marketing, no one would care. Clear diamonds are about as interesting to look at as window glass. It's the marketing to create a demand that made it work. Which is what we see here, suddenly Lobi crystals are in high demand. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't wear jewelry at all. My husband knows I'd rather have flowers I can plant in the yard and enjoy year after year than a handful of dying flowers in a vase. I'm not that interested in collecting lobis either, or latinum.

Unless they put something interesting in the stores. About all I'd want from the Lobi store is maybe another Paradox, but I don't have the lobis or the ECs to get one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User

It could work, but I'm not a fan. The Latinum store should have something more unique in it. Admiralty booster packs are already available from the lobi store and other places. And besides, admiralty ships are not really that special or fun or desirable. Sure they're very useful, but I don't lust after them like I would a vanity shield or special weapon/equipment.

Last I checked, those booster packs didn't have any ships. I like your ideas, though. I doubt they'd go for weapons and gear, but I'd be into it.