test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashing before the first loading screen

Not sure if anyone else has seen this/is dealing with this or not, but since the launch of ViS, I haven't been able to get past the launcher to get into the game. The launcher verifies the update, I hit Engage, the screen goes dark for a moment, and then it crashes before the initial loading screen with the Cryptic logo appears.

Has this been happening to anyone else? Is it possibly a compatability issue with the newest Windows 10 update, or some glitch with the launcher?

Comments

• Options
    zing1617zing1617 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have been having similar issue, but i also get an error message about direct3d failing as well. Its right after the launcher opens up the game client. It opens up for a moment then crashes. I posted my issue here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1240476/game-client-still-crashing-after-todays-patch-5-24-2018
    I still have not gotten it fixed and any workarounds I've tried have failed. STO still seems to work on my mom's laptop, but it wont work on my own for some reason.
  • Options
    captain2400captain2400 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've had this problem since the launch of victory is life, after verifying the game still crashes at the first loading screen I really hope this gets fixed soon. cause I really want to play the new missions among so many other things and I want to make a jem'hadar. so I've been stuck having to watch videos on you tube on the new stuff
  • Options
    spaldynz83spaldynz83 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Something similar on my end as well, but I can actually get to character selection. Load progresses up until about 90-95% or so and then crashes to desktop. Client is up-to-date with today's patch (was hoping that it would be caught by that "crash" fix) and local files have been verified (the launcher wants to do re-verify every time I get a CTD and I've been letting it).
    -- I really like parentheses (for some reason).
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Mine will crash either at the start or at the end of the Cyrptic logo load screen. Using the 32 bit client works. I've tried deleting the x64 directory and force verifying, removing the graphics preferences file and relaunching, and even completely uninstalling and reinstalling, no change. It worked fine prior to VIL.
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    You all still having trouble getting in the game like me still????.
  • Options
    I have been trying since the 5th to get on the game and it still crashes PLEASE somebody get this fixed please
  • Options
    Game still crashing this is very sad cause I haven't been able to play since the 5th please somebody fix this please
  • Options
    christoferous#3681 christoferous Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This was happening with me until I cleared the browsing data in the default browser. I made sure to select:
    -Browsing History
    -Cookies andsaved website data
    -Cached data and files
    -Tabs I've set aside or recently closed
    -Download history

It took two attempts to clear everything, but the launcher worked like a charm after that!