test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player Scaling Issues in Advanced and Elite STFs

darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
There are issues with player scaling in many of the advanced and elite STFs. Hive Space Elite has players scaling to level 50 and pretty much being one shot by spheres. 'The Swarm' is only level 64 and advanced as well, which I am not sure is intended or not.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I did notice my fresh 65 Fed Main fighting guys 15 levels stronger in Cure Space Advanced...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Yep, makes playing HSE in particular impossible.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Really? Because I find HSE pretty easy still. Haven't tried the new queues at harder than normal but it's easy enough that I can solo two lanes if my team is particularly useless and need to all be at one lane together. So, I expect it to be not that hard...which is pretty much all of this game.

You're getting Hive Space Elite mixed up with Undine Assault. :P

• Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I saw this too. I took my Jem'hadar (level 65) into Cure Space Advanced and got scaled down to level 45, making the NPCs 15 levels stronger. Then, in a Khitomer Space Advanced, I got scaled down to level 46.

In both cases, the pug groups I got assigned to were level 60+ according to their info cards. And yet we got scaled down in CSA and KSA. ISA was not affected by this and scaled properly.

It also happened on my Fed Tac. From this I speculate that KSA is scaling players to 46 and CSA is scaling players to 45, making both advanced queues "harder" than they need to be.
    Post edited by ethoir on
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    Had the same lvl 60 in ISA lvl 45 in CSA, :(
  • Options
    Yeah, CCA is scaling us down to level 50 as well. This needs to be fixed and fast.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    How the heck do you post a picture on these forums?

• Options
    Taken by a friend in Cure Found Advanced. Getting level 65 doesn't mean much when you're nerfed at end game. Advanced and Elite instances should be level 65.

1jSIugt.jpg
  • Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Herald sphere space advanced is another one I noticed today. Everyone scaled down to lv 50, but the enemys are not.
  • Options
    enauxonamunenauxonamun Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    CCA - scaled down to level 50 (against the 60 stuff) HSE is broken/unplayable Khitomer Accord broken, as well as Hive Ground and Khitomer ground... Herald Sphere Advanced, Fleet Defense... the list goes on

Way to take a multiplayer game, and break the thing that you do with other players? - Oh an i appreciate the patch fixing other things; but why wasn't this the priority? how did this get missed in testing?
  • Options
    CCA - scaled down to level 50 (against the 60 stuff) HSE is broken/unplayable Khitomer Accord broken, as well as Hive Ground and Khitomer ground... Herald Sphere Advanced, Fleet Defense... the list goes on

Way to take a multiplayer game, and break the thing that you do with other players? - Oh an i appreciate the patch fixing other things; but why wasn't this the priority? how did this get missed in testing?

I don't know, but I was on them about it from day one release since my main was level 65 about 15 minutes after loading in. Wanted to get a level 65 DPS parse done in HSE...yeah, everyone was being one shot since we were level 50 and everything else was level 60 or 65. Wasn't a pleasant time.