test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should they add the Discovery Klingon sub type appearance to Fed and Kdf Klingon's?

2»

Comments

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Whatever those things are they are not Klingon so heck no.
    #notmyklingons
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Yes they should add the new look as an option for Federation Klingon and Kdf Klingon.
    Honestly, I hate the look for the new Klingons, but add em anyway.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    No they should not add those in.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Opinions do not change facts. Fact. CBS owns Trek. Fact. CBS makes Discovery. Fact. It's on screen and it's canon. Fact. They are Klingons.

Gee, thanks for the legal advice. I'd think the poll option would be more of a person's personal opinion and NOT some legally binding thing CBS would have to follow! "OMG some people voted in a forum poll saying TRIBBLE Klingons aren't Klingons, I guess we better redo them!" :D
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Yes they should add the new look as an option for Federation Klingon and Kdf Klingon.
    [Mod Hat] All right, cool it in here. If this turns into ANOTHER argument about the merits and canonicity or lack thereof of the DSC series itself, I'm locking this. We have enough of that nonsense in Ten Forward, we don't need it metastasizing into the other forums. [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I agree with starsword.

Its almost as bad as the Kobali debates... -_-
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I agree with starsword.
    >
    > Its almost as bad as the Kobali debates... -_-

[Mod Hat] In this case it's mainly because this forum is supposed to be for game-related topics, not the TV series, and DSC threads tend to degenerate into flame wars between the hatedom and anybody who dares express approval of anything about the series. So I'd prefer to keep those confined to Ten Forward. (Whereas, unless you're SOLELY discussing the Kobalis' single canon appearance in VOY: "Ashes to Ashes", discussing the zombies is a legitimate use of this forum in my opinion as long as it doesn't degenerate into personal attacks against other users: the meat of their portrayal is native to STO-canon.) [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    michael#8928 michael Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Of course, the game should include them. Discovery is Star Trek, it's popular, it's going to be around for a while, and some of us really like it.

No one has to like it, of course, and that's fine. But for those of us that do.... It's an element of Star Trek now and at some point should be represented in the game. So that STO is inclusive of ALL Trek fans.