test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re-Engineering

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
It is utter Shinola that you cannot engineer impulse engines for Aux x2 or 3 if Aux is not a mod you can reengineer to get it but if it's already a mod it is not one of the possible changes
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor

Comments

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Each Slot has certain mods that go in to it. For instance, if you can normally find a drop or an engine at a store that has Aux in Slot 3, you can re-engineer a Slot 3 for Aux. By the same coin, if you cannot normally get an engine with Aux in Slot 2, then you cannot Re-Engineer an engine to have the mod there.

Now, this is just my guess, but I assume that on the backend they have a drop-down menu for selecting mods when they create the pieces for the game. Re-Engineer would just randomly select an option from that menu. That would also explain why you cannot Re-Engineer a piece that has fixed Mods: there is no drop-down menu associated with that piece.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    if you find an engine with 3 non aux options, say spd, turn full, all three ave aux as a possible mod. once Aux is locked however, it disappears from the options on the other 2 slots
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    In that case, I guess it would a Limited Mod to keep from super-stacking it. I really have no answers for you on that front.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Aux is basically an "oh TRIBBLE" type of mod on engines. It allows you to keep some maneuverability if/when the engines are knocked out and is not meant to be stacked. Multiple stacks of the mod would be redundant and wouldn't help you any at all, thus you would be wasting the duplicate mod slot. Something like the SPD or Turn mods are a different story however. Turn is just a basic bonus to turn rate that's always present as is Speed mods for the speed of the engines. These can be stacked because they're not special mods if you will. This is why the duplicate W->S was removed from warp cores several years back, it was redundant and provided no additional benefits.

Basically it locks it out because you're only meant to have one copy of it since it's sort of a pseudo hot restart.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Fair warning, too much [Turn] can make your head spin. To much [Spd] and you feel like this guy when sliding past the target.

2013%2F01%2F23%2F65%2Ficedog_o_GI.b3e39.gif

Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    my dad had a peke just like that one
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I wish I knew what all the lockouts were with the system. I have old Wide Arc Duals that I can't re-engineer for some reason or another. It's got Dmgx2, CrtH and Pen... and I really wish I could turn that one CrtH into Dmg...
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    I wish I knew what all the lockouts were with the system. I have old Wide Arc Duals that I can't re-engineer for some reason or another. It's got Dmgx2, CrtH and Pen... and I really wish I could turn that one CrtH into Dmg...

There was a glitch when crafting the Wide Arc DHCs that let any mods be rolled when crafting, instead of [Acc] [Arc] [Dmg], and since [Arc] as a locked mod, Cryptic doesn't allow Wide Arc DHCs without that mod to be Re-Engineered.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    If you mouse over an item and right click it will tell you if it can re-engineer or not. eventually more stuff will get added to the system, just a matter of time.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Why would you even want more than one aux mod on your engines? Don't they just provide thrusters (25% speed) when engines are disabled? Do they even stack? Even if they do, that's still only 75% speed, which means you're still going slow. Why would you waste mods on multiple aux?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I would like to see the Re-engineering to to select your choices rather than random. Having done the reengineering *sparingly* due to the high cost in dil to do random selection X total number of toons on an account, I can tell you it would be alot better if it was *choice* rather than *random*.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.