test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Playable Cardassian Species Feedback Thread

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread for feedback and issues found with the new playable species Cardassians.

Playable Cardassians:
  • Cardassians are now a playable species for both Starfleet and Klingon factions.
  • After becoming a shadow of their former selves after the Dominion War, many Cardassians have decided to align with Starfleet and the Klingon Empire in the hopes it will better protect their world from the re-emergence of the Dominion and the threat of the True Way terrorists.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For Tribble only, Cardassians will be free to create and play.
  • For more details, please visit the Cardassian blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878824-play-as-a-cardassian!

Comments

• Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Not bad! But I hope the females will get some of the super cool hairstyles from the show... a possibility since you said wip???? :)
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    When are they available on Tribble?
  • Options
    solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I do have some questions and a bug from creating my Male Fed Cardassian:

Question: Should the Cardassian 7 Hairstyle (Intricate Rear Braid) be available to Male Cardassians?

Question: Is the Cardassian 3 Hairstyle a Man-Bun or a Female Top-Knot?

Bug: Enterprise M.A.C.O. Belt. Adjusting the Second Colour Square of the Fiberweave Option (Only one there) Changes the Colour of your HeadSpoon (Head Attach Organic)
  • Options
    coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    jiralinria wrote: »
    Not bad! But I hope the females will get some of the super cool hairstyles from the show... a possibility since you said wip???? :)

We have some female hairstyles coming for Cardassians!
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I'm really liking what's been added so far! Great attention to detail on the various options, and I love the fact that the chufa (spoon) is actually a 3D attachment instead of simply being a part of the face texture. Great selection of hairstyles too. Special props for also adding unique bare chest textures.

My only suggestion so far is PLEASE add Cardassian military uniforms as a tailor option for them. Free, Zen Store: Doesn't matter to me as long as we get them.

Also, shouldn't Cardassians have the Soldier ground trait as an option?
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options

Nice! Thank you! On a side note... the Klingon Ambush from the tutorial doesn't want to let you go to ESD, which is too bad ;P
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter

There are currently Three options, but they don't have any real textures.... Just Base Models.

Number 1: ueYq9Nj.png

Number 2: dMQNWYz.png

Number 3: 5wEawaB.png
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Okay the Male Tailor Options are AWESOME!

One one thing?

Where are my Mutton Chops?

Gul Macet doesn't Approve

latest?cb=20111024152202&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Few comments:
    1) Cardassian head attach organic options aren't in order:
    card1.png?dl=1
    In addition, I'd prefer to order them by size, so if you go ASC, it would be 3 (smallest), 1, 2 (largest), then adjust their names to match.

Also, can we get an option for no color (transparent) on the headspoon? Trying to find a color that matches the skin perfectly is not easy.

2) I'd reorder the ears so they are in ascending order by size as well.
    So this order: 2 (smallest), 3, 1(largest) (then change the names to match the new order)
    card2.png?dl=1

3) Please, please, please, PLEASE... Cardassian military uniforms (yeah I know, probably C-Store).
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options

Nice! Thank you! On a side note... the Klingon Ambush from the tutorial doesn't want to let you go to ESD, which is too bad ;P

Klingon Ambush Point worked again for me, could hail Starfleet and all good. :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Soo.. will we be able to duplicate these looks on a player character?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    I'm really liking what's been added so far! Great attention to detail on the various options, and I love the fact that the chufa (spoon) is actually a 3D attachment instead of simply being a part of the face texture. Great selection of hairstyles too. Special props for also adding unique bare chest textures.

My only suggestion so far is PLEASE add Cardassian military uniforms as a tailor option for them. Free, Zen Store: Doesn't matter to me as long as we get them.

Also, shouldn't Cardassians have the Soldier ground trait as an option?

Oh yes we do need those Cardassian uniforms. Especially after we've seen the new ones you showed us the other day.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    The Cardassian necks are missing. We need an option for them. They need to be much wider (and thinner)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

primar13 wrote: »

There are currently Three options, but they don't have any real textures.... Just Base Models.

Number 1:
    ueYq9Nj.png

Number 2:dMQNWYz.png

Number 3:5wEawaB.png

Coldsnapped hope those aren't the only hairstyles you have for female Cardassians. Crossing my fingers that there is a lot more than the three placeholders primar13 showed. None of them are long or resemble/inspired by the ones on the show/art. Sorry if I seem impulsive, just really excited to see them in-game and want to get them with most options possible.

JUTpGT2.jpg​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Save me writing it all out again...
    flash525 wrote: »
    In my opinion, the Cardassian element here is a joke; as if the butchering given to the Republic wasn't bad enough, now we're getting Cardassians only as a playable race, rather than a playable species/faction. Granted I don't speak for everyone, but I'd very much imagine that many players want to play as Gul's and Legates, and would otherwise want to wrap their Cardassian character up in Cardassian Uniforms, fly Cardassian ships (with Cardassian interiors), use Cardassian weapons, and have an origin story that launches from Cardassia - but no.

I have waited a long time for the Cardassian to become playable within STO, as they (I thought) would have been worth returning for, but this? Nah. This isn't remotely enough to pull me back in. Cryptic could have easily done with the Cardassian what they did with the Republic; it's not our fault that didn't quite work out, that's development.

What a mess!

Why couldn't we have a playable Cardassian FACTION? Playable Cardassians (and Alpha Jem Hadar?), Bajoran-Cardassian Hybrid Veteran Bridge Officers, Cardassian, Bajoran & Alpha Jem's as [standard] Bridge Officers. An origin story from Cardassia; proper character titles, Cardassian/Dominion-themed weapons.

#FAIL
    This isn't influenced by the (lack of) hairstyles either.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Why not ask for those select things instead of you know the above? ಠ_ಠ

Like the Gul etc titles to be included. It won't be ranked. But you can still show it in-game above your head and insert into the name, middle, surname. It will show up. And there is always the chance of getting to visit Cardassia Prime in some form in the future. The uniforms too. Hopefully the uniforms and weapons will come along with it in the final release if not sooner.​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options

Why not ask for those select things instead of you know the above?

Like the Gul etc titles to be included. It won't be ranked. But you can still show it in-game above your head and insert into the name, middle, surname. It will show up. And there is always the chance of getting to visit Cardassia Prime in some form in the future. The uniforms too. Hopefully the uniforms and weapons will come along with it in the final release if not sooner.​​
    I honestly don't think anything I've asked for over the years has ever been addressed. Besides, it has been my six-year hope that I would one day be able to play as a Cardassian though a similar story per Legacy of Romulus (as in, create a character, on Cardassia, do a few missions, level up, join a faction, level up some more etc). That's never going to happen now, and so I've no reason to return - though I can voice my disappointment.
  • Options
    korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I'm really of two minds over the addition of Cardassians, naturally both good but on how it would be nice to see them in the game.

If they are a C-Store purchase species like the others that have gone before, then it would have been nice to see them added prior to Victory is Life, with the delta recruitment event having been a good option. Future Cardassian me is telling past Cardassian me that my activities in the KDF or Federation will help understand a threat to the Cardassian people. A nice way to slot in and its not like I can argue with me about whether or not this enemy is real or what threat they pose, clearly I think it is a threat and traveled through time to deal with it. It seems a little pointless tying a level 1 Cardassian introduction to a Jem'Hadar level 60+ expansion if there is no tie in to the Cardassian people.

On the other hand if it is part of the Victory is Life Expansion and there is a tie in, it would be nice to see some species specific dialogue, encounters, locations etc. Even if its something as simple Garak meeting with the newly created Cardassian on the homeworld before the tutorial starts explaining the importance of being able to raise in the ranks of said faction to help steer them to a pro Cardassian mindset. While also being given a more pragmatic and less either idealistic or honour based option in some conversations or missions. So there is something that marks the Victory is life expansion as having some tie into playable Cardassians as opposed to a C-Store species that simply got delayed till the expansion is launched though with sadly nothing to do with the expansion and treated solely as a purchasable unlock that would have benefited from an early launch to allow those captains to be in a good position come the new expansion instead of being 60 levels away from it.

So either launch early to allow them to get ready for the expansion, or have the expansion bring more than a c-store species unlock that then has nothing to do with anything that happens in Victory is life.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    The space trait I feel should be a little stronger. I'm sure more hair will be added. We do need the uniforms and they MOST have Cardassian ranking on them. The neck needs work as well.
  • Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    As I haven't been able to load Tribble yet to check this, will we have Cardassian outfits available?
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    crioijouls wrote: »
    As I haven't been able to load Tribble yet to check this, will we have Cardassian outfits available?

Not yet. I was running through a cardie mission. Saw that one of the enemy npcs had one. I know the uniforms have been updated... well if the image is correct that is.

ml8QwTg.jpg
    1PE1myy.jpg

Side note: Took another pic. Noticed that one of the npcs had long hair tied back behind her neck like Ziyal. Even something like that with long pony tail trailing down the back would be great. And maybe version with it over the shoulders. I'd be content with that.

&

the update version/art. Not seen that in-game yet.

startrekonline_costume_design_by_chris_legaspi.jpg

& a few other ones but not sure where those cardies are in-game.

300px-Gul.jpg?version=a9104cebffd1814432008df0025511ae
    300px-Interrogator.jpg?version=87814f1cebdef55380ecef7ff9bf11aa

Even has the Cardassian phaser pistol ^

Edit: Also saw a female Cardassian enemy npc with the same hairdo as Mirror Leeta. Couldn't get a picture of it though. she got vaporized.

1515458059317.png​​
  • Options
    Hope the boss version is included too. Looks like a badass Legate upgrade. Even protects the neck and best of all is the sash with the Cardassian com-badge/logo medal.​​
  • Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Hopefully, I'll be able to check it out soon. Having a Direct3D-related crash that won't let me in. It's really annoying.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Found the Mirror Leeta hairdo version. I knew there was female Cardassian with it.

Cy72Dp1.jpg
    Svkddmk.jpg

Those two different styles I have shown look infinitely better than the horrible placeholders they are using for testing. Just have to wait and see what happens on June.​​
  • Options
    Hmm looks like alot of work is going into the ncp cardies. I do hope that carrys over to the ones we make.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @cross821 said:
    > Hmm looks like alot of work is going into the ncp cardies. I do hope that carrys over to the ones we make.

Hopefully the new uniforms they have mean we will get cardassian uniforms
  • Options
    > @cross821 said:
    > Hmm looks like alot of work is going into the ncp cardies. I do hope that carrys over to the ones we make.

Throw it in the C-store for 550 zen, easy money for them.
  • Options
    cross821 wrote: »
    > @cross821 said:

I'm not yet convinced there will be any, at least not in the C-Store. You'd have thought something like that would have been included in the Vanguard Package, which it isn't (yet a Jem Hadar costume is).
  • Options
    > @cross821 said:

I'm not yet convinced there will be any, at least not in the C-Store. You'd have thought something like that would have been included in the Vanguard Package, which it isn't (yet a Jem Hadar costume is).

It isn't finished yet hence the feedback thread sole existence & the words: "This is still a work in progress.". % that it will get added last minute. AOY had last minute items added on just before release.​​
  • Options
    > @cross821 said:

I think we will get the updated outfits the truewave has for free and the DS9 outfit will be on the C-store.