test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Playable Cardassian Species Feedback Thread

124»

Comments

• zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    jiralinria wrote: »
    While still at it... how do we get the playable Cardies now anyway? Still not going to buy the super expensive pack, but I do wanna have a Cardie... it might've been answered somewhere, but I didn't see anything...

When the Romulan Empire expansion first came out, and to this date, Reman species had to be purchased in the C-store. Cardassian will be the same.

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    When Cardassians first arrived on Tribble I made one for testing. I've now found that the hairstyle I liked the best and chose has been removed.

I'm wondering if it can be returned before release.

BU7uP2b.jpg
    ihNunVV.jpg

• cassilda#7197 cassilda Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    The Cardassian spoon it looks too much detached from the forehead, creating a space with a small clipping problem. It's most evident with spoon number 2 and 3 and the more the forehead adjuster is moved to the right.

Spoon01.jpg
    Spoon01B.jpg
    Spoon02.jpg
    Spoon02B.jpg
    Spoon03.jpg
    Spoon03B.jpg
    Spoon04A.jpg
    Spoon04B.jpg

Like the previous issues, I couldn't verify this with male Cardassians, as it is a paid feature and they aren't shown anymore in the list.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    primar13 wrote: »
    When Cardassians first arrived on Tribble I made one for testing. I've now found that the hairstyle I liked the best and chose has been removed.

I'm wondering if it can be returned before release.

And if its out for Cardassians (think it's originally from Vaadwauar, perhaps a placeholder?), can aliens get it? There's some great alien of the week material across the Cardassian hairstyle spectrum and it would be a shame to lose out on that.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    BetterCardies_zpsxnqlaifs.jpg~original

Just checked out my Cardassian after the patch, and I have to say, well done on the updates! The ears no longer clip with the chin or look out of place, and I'm loving the new "Cardassian 1" Hairstyle. I'm also happy with the new "Skin Only" option for the spoon: Saves me the trouble of hunting down a color to match my character's skin.

However, I did run into one troublesome new glitch: While holding a rifle weapon, the spoon seems to warp a bit. I'd also like to note that the neckline clipping is still present on the Bare Chest option.
    BentSpoon_zpsoewon4qd.png~original

Also, you may want to look into the animations for Cardassians' mouths, 'cause... Yeah...
    WTFMouth_zpslousxijs.png~original

P.S. Cardassian-related request: Since you're adding the C.U.V. Prefix for Cardassian ships, is there any chance we could get the C.U.W. registry option for them as well? Seems to be a common element for some ships in the expanded canon.
    Post edited by wbaker256#3172 on
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    So does this mean the Cardassian Union has finally joined the United Federation of Planets?
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Looks like Count Dukat, lol
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    @marty123#3757 No. There still separate. I stopped caring about canon anyways. It all hogwash at this point. Dominion needing help from Feds/KDF is ludicrous. They have mass manufacturing automated self-replicating war factories. Clone vats, and Jem'Hadar that can be produced in the millions/thousands. Why the hell would they need help.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > @marty123#3757 No. There still separate. I stopped caring about canon anyways. It all hogwash at this point. Dominion needing help from Feds/KDF is ludicrous. They have mass manufacturing automated self-replicating war factories. Clone vats, and Jem'Hadar that can be produced in the millions/thousands. Why the hell would they need help.
    >

They need help because it’s not the Dominion it’s only one fleet commanded by Odo
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > @marty123#3757 No. There still separate. I stopped caring about canon anyways. It all hogwash at this point. Dominion needing help from Feds/KDF is ludicrous. They have mass manufacturing automated self-replicating war factories. Clone vats, and Jem'Hadar that can be produced in the millions/thousands. Why the hell would they need help.
    >

They need help because it’s not the Dominion it’s only one fleet commanded by Odo

A+ for paying attention to the storyline. Also, I'm pretty sure the Dominion had a good number of its Cloning Facilities destroyed when the Hur'q started their rampage.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
    Why would they send one Founder if the danger is so great? It so contrived.
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I do love all the work that is going into them. Sad they are not their own faction with beam outs and tricoders. As for the story yeah I stopped caring about a long time ago.
    cross821 wrote: »
    I do love all the work that is going into them. Sad they are not their own faction with beam outs and tricoders. As for the story yeah I stopped caring about a long time ago.

They have their own beam outs. Not sure about the rest though.

Ko11vfv.jpeg

Looks like they mixed both purple & blue on screen.

jemhadar5.jpg?resize=475%2C354&type=vertical
    lPA2W4k.jpg​​

I meant the Cardassians lol.

Ah my mistake. I been going back and forth on so many different topics. Yes, it would have been cool to have the yellow beam effect for Cardassians. That sucks.... I totally forgot about that. Just a reminder that this isn't really a true Cardassian theme character... but a fed/kdf one...​​

Ah my mistake. I been going back and forth on so many different topics. Yes, it would have been cool to have the yellow beam effect for Cardassians. That sucks.... I totally forgot about that. Just a reminder that this isn't really a true Cardassian theme character... but a fed/kdf one...​​

All good and yes we are not true cardassians :(

Still love the work they did on them tho!

• zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Well then you should be expecting to have a Klingon effect. Some people are never happy.

looking at a new JH attack ship the child says "Dad there's a bug on the computer screen." Dad says "well smash it and kill it."

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    Is it me or do the ears stick out a bit too much?

Well then you should be expecting to have a Klingon effect. Some people are never happy.

looking at a new JH attack ship the child says "Dad there's a bug on the computer screen." Dad says "well smash it and kill it."

This is why I plan to put my cardie on KDF as its as close to there beam out I can get, same with the tricoder.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Please use this thread for feedback and issues found with the new playable species Cardassians.

Playable Cardassians:
    • Cardassians are now a playable species for both Starfleet and Klingon factions.
    • After becoming a shadow of their former selves after the Dominion War, many Cardassians have decided to align with Starfleet and the Klingon Empire in the hopes it will better protect their world from the re-emergence of the Dominion and the threat of the True Way terrorists.
    • This is still a work in progress.
    • For Tribble only, Cardassians will be free to create and play.
    • For more details, please visit the Cardassian blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878824-play-as-a-cardassian!

I don't seem to have access to Cardassian on Tribble :\
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • cassilda#7197 cassilda Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    captw wrote: »
    Please use this thread for feedback and issues found with the new playable species Cardassians.

Playable Cardassians:
    • Cardassians are now a playable species for both Starfleet and Klingon factions.
    • After becoming a shadow of their former selves after the Dominion War, many Cardassians have decided to align with Starfleet and the Klingon Empire in the hopes it will better protect their world from the re-emergence of the Dominion and the threat of the True Way terrorists.
    • This is still a work in progress.
    • For Tribble only, Cardassians will be free to create and play.
    • For more details, please visit the Cardassian blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878824-play-as-a-cardassian!

I don't seem to have access to Cardassian on Tribble :\

It's because the free access was removed some time ago, as Cardassain are a paid feature. Anyway, a part a couple of graphical bugs that hopefully will be solved for tomorrow, they're well done.
    Post edited by cassilda#7197 on