What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constable Specialization

2»

Comments

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Should be useful for well equipped people when they play on elite.
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    This must me an April fools day thing ... all that grind for spec points and for what ? for having to select click targets or pray its the right one (tab change targets its a pain also). Maybe on elite will have some use but who is playing elite anymore ? having to wait HOURS to play the elite i want its NOT FUN.

Wow ... "selected target" mechanic is one of the worse things someone could think of in this kind of game no offense. Its like lets think how to make this die-ing game more unfun and grindy.

If this is not an April fools day thing and its a an actually a "feature", maybe one that reveals how the new season will be .... its maybe time to kill whatever lower expectations i had.

"Strongly pray this is an April fools day joke"
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    It's a legit spec guys and not an April Fool's joke. Some will like it and some won't. Simply because it's not what we traditionally get from specs doesn't make it any less valid.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    At this stage, I can see it somewhat useful if you target something outside of weapons range and then move in on the target, against boss-types, or giant HP sponges. But as stated by others above, low DPSers will see more benefits than others.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Think it will be useless , " Once you have maintained the same target for 4 seconds, they will become your Antagonist" , most targets die within the 4 seconds.
  • Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This will change things up in PVP: single target dmg, resistance to foes you aren’t fighting, neither very helpful in PVE. Put that with things like the competitive rep and breach event console and it looks to me like the Devs are keeping PvP in mind as they release new content, which makes sense seeing as how Ker’rat is more active than it has been in years.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It would work in CCA to reduce damage from the tholians while focused on the snowflake...though I have to question the logic of making that cakewalk even shorter and easier.
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    This will change things up in PVP: single target dmg, resistance to foes you aren’t fighting, neither very helpful in PVE. Put that with things like the competitive rep and breach event console and it looks to me like the Devs are keeping PvP in mind as they release new content, which makes sense seeing as how Ker’rat is more active than it has been in years.

Is the breach event console expected to be any good?
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Is the breach event console expected to be any good?

Well it give a 20% boost to anti-proton damage, as well as a 5% boost to hull points. With the click use being a high stealth boost an summons in a duplicate ship that deals electrical damage an knock offline engines of npc ships within 10km i think it was, which also draws agro on npc ships too. So for anti-proton builds it could be nice both for the boost, but also for the agro drop thru stealth that gives a short term tanker ship.
  • Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Why the hate? New stuff...new content...free stuff.

Like anything else it will be of varying benefits for different playtypes but that keeps things fresh....if everyone played the same we would have one ship type...one chatacter class...one setup. If you dont like it...dont use it?