test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Posting Issue

varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
I've been trying to post in the Recruitment Forums. They say they are awaiting approval, but over the weekend I made the post and it was out there till yesterday morning. Is their new rules to posting in that thread that I am unaware of?

Thanks
original.jpg?1521423860

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    No. The Mods have said several times that they do NOT recieve anything for review. If you tried to make a minor edit... post was eaten by the Edit Monster and is gone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    But I have tried remaking the post as well. Is it because I am using the same post title.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,351 Community Moderator
    @ambassadorkael

Would it be possible to find this guy's recruitment thread?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    varzec wrote: »
    But I have tried remaking the post as well. Is it because I am using the same post title.

If it was almost identical... than it would be blocked. Had the same problem myself a couple times.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Just tried again same result

Your discussion will appear after it is approved.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • Options
    Ill see if I can get one of my other members to post it.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Try re-wording it a bit.. that's all I can think of right now.

I have had this issue before where it just wouldn't post my reply. After going in and re-arranging a few lines, it worked. I have no idea why or what it is that triggers this, but you might be able to get around it this way.

It's frustrating I know.. I hope you're able to get around it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

I have had this issue before where it just wouldn't post my reply. After going in and re-arranging a few lines, it worked. I have no idea why or what it is that triggers this, but you might be able to get around it this way.

Best way to avoid it, short of ceasing all activity on the forums, is to try and avoid making any post post editing.
  • Options
    mirroradmirlross#5785 mirroradmirlross Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    when can i post images and links and signatures to the forums?
    [center][img] http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/sto/uploads/sto_122209_cruiser_bg.jpg [/img][/center]
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »

Best way to avoid it, short of ceasing all activity on the forums, is to try and avoid making any post post editing.

While that is totally true, I have had posts eaten upon their initial submission. It's not just limited to edited posts.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,721 Community Moderator
    Although it says "waiting on approval" or whatever the exact wording of the message is, I can confirm that nothing ever comes to us to approve. I'm sure my fellow mods can also confirm this if need be. Far as post eating goes, I've had it eat a few of mine before. Far as to an exact cause I couldn't say because I don't have access that sort of stuff. My guess is something on the Vanilla end itself. In fact I'm pretty sure that one of the Cryptic crew even said as much at one point though I won't swear to it. With as many bugs as I've reported it gets hard to keep track of things sometimes XD.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,351 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    @varzec

OP, I believe that I have successfully restored your recruitment thread. Best of luck to you and your fleet!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1238873/the-trust-rp-community-now-recruiting
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Awesome! Thank you Very Much!
    original.jpg?1521423860