test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OH CRYPTIC GODS

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Kurland lost his station to the Dominion, to Mirror Universe troops and to the Undine. And each and every time it was us who had to get it back. Let's make him ambassador to Pakled Prime. There, his "talents" will be of better use.
  • Options
    xradrisxradris Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) keep it classy folks - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    As long it's not Bajoran....If a Cardassian captain was in command, we would not be having this conversation
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Quit trying to bring back that meme

Or you are no better then Q and his sea gul
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    jade1280 wrote: »

the meme will never die!

KURLAND HERE!

It's a great meme D:
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hey didnt Kurland die in the latest episode? He comes in and says "Kurland here" then static & silence... you only hear static cause his ship/bridge got blown to bits...
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

Hey, that's the one thing that's funny in the anniversary event. Okay, the Unusual dance emote is, too.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    As long it's not Bajoran....If a Cardassian captain was in command, we would not be having this conversation

Ah there you are :)

Unfortunately there's still no nice fire here, I did everything I could.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Anyway, we should all be very happy Kurland is still around and well. Memes aren't that important, Kurland himself is.

I think most of the hate stems from a lack of understanding what Kurland is. He is, quite literally, here.

Without Kurland, there would be no here.
    Without a 'here', none of us would be able to be 'here' as 'here' would no longer be defined with the death of Kurland.

Conclusion: our existence and ability to be here depends entirely on Kurland.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Why does everyone hate Kurland?

Anyways, if they do get ride of Kurland, I'd love to see Ben Sisko back as Captain or better yet Admiral of DS9 with the up coming expansion!

Heck if they make Sisko an Admiral, they don't have to kill Kurland to replace him with Admiral Sisko.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »

Anyways, if they do get ride of Kurland, I'd love to see Ben Sisko back as Captain or better yet Admiral of DS9 with the up coming expansion!

Heck if they make Sisko an Admiral, they don't have to kill Kurland to replace him with Admiral Sisko.

Sisko left the Feds to play God with the Prophets.
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User

Read the comments on this, and other threads, and all will become clear :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

Hey, that's the one thing that's funny in the anniversary event. Okay, the Unusual dance emote is, too.

Actually, that and when Q asks during the event at DS9, "Is Kurland here?"
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    If the game can only use SAG actors, why not get Borticus to become a SAG member so that he can voice Kurland. Personally, I'm getting tired of Sarish Mina; she's annoying. It can't be that hard for him to join so that he can do a few lines.

#Borticus4SAG4Kurland
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    please god NO to that Bajoran. remeber you had to put her in her place in jabberwocky? and the actresses voice is like nails on a chalkboard. are all Bajoran women screechy like that?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Oh god imagine if there was a new race in the new expansion and the undeletable Boff was Kurland.....
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    So...

Kurland cult in the VoL expansion?

I’d imagine Cryptic could monetize it by allowing a C-store transaction that would block all Kurland popups and voice-overs for... say... 15 minutes?

Kurland here...
    This is Kurland...
    Are you there?
    Are you alright?
    This is Kurland...

Please feel free to throw in more of those memorable one-liners.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    So...

Kurland cult in the VoL expansion?

I’d imagine Cryptic could monetize it by allowing a C-store transaction that would block all Kurland popups and voice-overs for... say... 15 minutes?

Kurland here...
    This is Kurland...
    Are you there?
    Are you alright?
    This is Kurland...

Please feel free to throw in more of those memorable one-liners.

We all know there are people who would love such a feature if it were done a little bit differently.

A special device, costing 1 billion EC that regularly has Kurland showing up around other players. Can only be negated by buying another device that also costs 1 billion EC.

• Options
    As for other one-liners:

Our characters should be able to answer with the question 'but where's Sulu?'.

• Options
    Or perhaps even better: 'I'm taking command of this task force'. (That one Undine episode where we first a living Iconian).

Allows players to control all allied ships in a social zone like ESD space and have those ships fly to a specific target.

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Kurland lost his station to the Dominion, to Mirror Universe troops and to the Undine. And each and every time it was us who had to get it back. Let's make him ambassador to Pakled Prime. There, his "talents" will be of better use.
    He only lost his station to the Dominion. The MU and Undine invasions got taken out of the game's storyline.

Doesn't matter. It happened to several of my chars (who were made before it was changed). So it's part of their past. ;) Point is, Kurland is utterly incompetent. A little messing with time doesn't change that fact.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Maybe the revamping of the arc that includes Boldly They Rode will solve all the unnecessary audio clips of "Kurland, here" problems. Also, it would be nice if Borticus could become a member of SAG, then he could have more of the written dialog that is not spoken in that mission. Thinking of Kurland, the last part of his dialog in Boldly They Rode has disappeared, I have filed a bug report about that. As for Sarish Minna, I have no problem with her and don't think her voice is screechy, just wish the voice actor spoke into the mic better and also wish the audio settings for the voice actors were always constant sometimes they are the right volume and other times I need to adjust the volume higher because their voices come in too soft. This happens in several missions. Finally, I love the fun times we have with the Tovan fiasco, Kurland here, Where is Sulu?, etc. It makes STO unique and the forums a blast. Fun times in Star Trek Online. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

Sisko left the Feds to play God with the Prophets.

Tag, you're God.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    I've long suspected Mirror Kurland has been desperately trying to locate Kurland, and has been sending those [Multidimensional Transporter Device] items into the STO universe in an effort to have STO people assist him by activating one of them near Kurland.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

Never got that. But yeah, I'll add it to the list happily.

As for Kurland being incompetent: this is not a logical conclusion from losing three battles. Some of the higher regarded historic generals have actually lost more, they just were in the wrong armies which couldn't win anyway. But they held out longer so others could increase defences on other positions or similar.

I am not going to argue that he is extremely competent either, we simply don't know enough of the circumstances. But war isn't a game of chess where everybody has roughly equal chances and it comes down to a test of abilities alone.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User

Never got that. But yeah, I'll add it to the list happily.

As for Kurland being incompetent: this is not a logical conclusion from losing three battles. Some of the higher regarded historic generals have actually lost more, they just were in the wrong armies which couldn't win anyway. But they held out longer so others could increase defences on other positions or similar.

I am not going to argue that he is extremely competent either, we simply don't know enough of the circumstances. But war isn't a game of chess where everybody has roughly equal chances and it comes down to a test of abilities alone.

Just seen it the other night for the first time, oddly enough after reading this thread. ^^
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

You should see a Benzite do the unusual dance
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    hey didnt Kurland die in the latest episode? He comes in and says "Kurland here" then static & silence... you only hear static cause his ship/bridge got blown to bits...

God wouldn't that be nice