test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

On-demand Patching failure; character stuck in loading screen limbo

Greetings. Earlier this morning I logged in to the game as I usually do and went on about my business. when trying to enter the Hfihar system to complete today's endeavor, the on-demand patching system froze and will not reengage, leaving my main character stuck at an infinite loading screen with no way to return to sector space or even access the in-game console to force commands. The map seems unable to contact the patching server to get the required updates, but my character is still trapped in the non-space between maps. I have tried launching the game in safe mode to no avail, and I have tried turning off on-demand patching, also to no avail. The six wet patches that the map needs don't seem to exist and as a result, my main character is now lost.

I would certainly appreciate any assistance that can be offered.
Q is a Magical Girl.

Comments

• Options
    jamie#3365 jamie Member Posts: 1 New User
    How is pecard
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Went to Japori to likewise complete the endeavor, and now my character seems to be stuck permanently in a loading screen. Restarting the game did not help, nor did turning off on-demand patching.

I have a really bad feeling our characters are gonna be stuck in limbo until the next actual patch goes through.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    newaccount44#8727 newaccount44 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I was stuck when I was queuing in the briar patch pvp map.
  • Options
    chicopowellchicopowell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same issue.
  • Options
    kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Same issue here as well
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Looks like I might have the same one - currently "Loading Alpha Quadrant" and have been for about an hour and a half.

The meter at the side of the screen has gradually crept up to 96.25, but I'm inclined to take that with a pinch of salt.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Try disabling on demand patching in the launcher's options. That should force a complete patch of the game.
  • Options
    yaminogaijin1691yaminogaijin1691 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Try disabling on demand patching in the launcher's options. That should force a complete patch of the game.

Tired it and same TRIBBLE.....The demand patching just sitting there at 96.50 of the load and i'm stuck trying to get into starfleet academy.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Log out of the game. Log out of ARC. Clear your Browser and web cache. Open the Launcher and Turn Off On Demand Patching. Going to take a bit for the files to D/L. This is what I did and it worked. I had a char trapped trying to load into ESD and another char trapped trying to load into the Fleet Starbase.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.