test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which of these Discovery ships do you want in game?

Check out the designs here for reference:

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-eaglemosss-newest-ships

Which ones do you want?

Comments

• artaniscreedartaniscreed Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    pretty much all of them
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Shenzhou and Discovery.
    KDF side the Sarcoffagus ship as a counterpart to the Fed Vengeance class.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tirpider#8006 tirpider Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    All but 2 look fine. That big one in the middle and the Klingon atrocity remind me that marketers think I am stupid and love trash.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    All of them they look great
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    None
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    pretty much all of them
    kekvin wrote: »
    All of them they look great
    azrael605 wrote: »
    All of them.
    Every, single, one.

Hell, I want every single ship ever shown in the Trek shows and movies, even those god-awful kitbashes made for Wolf 359, in-game.

You four guys are people I like. Wanting inclusion for all ships, no matter how ugly is what fans should want in this game!
    None

Then there is you who obviously doesn't like any of the ships. You do not get any respect from me.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    None

Then there is you who obviously doesn't like any of the ships. You do not get any respect from me.
    Not respecting people for preferences or opinions that differ from your own is not very mature. ;)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Most of those aren't particularly interesting. But, I suppose, Yeagher, Shenzhou, and Europa?

Meh. /shrug

(some of those Klingon things just look odd)
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Well since the question wasn't which ones should they include, but which ones I want in game, it is fair for me to not want some included just for aesthetic reasons, without judgement by others. The posted question is asking for our own individual opinions, and those are neither correct or incorrect.

With that out of the way, here I go.

Crossfield class, yuck. I hated it when I first saw the concept art for the series Star Trek 2, which later became ST TMP.

Walker class, interesting. I would fly one, but not sure if I would like it.

Hoover class, not my cup of tea, but I can see the relation to Starfleet of later years.

Nimitz class, ugly as heck, and I WANT IT!

Shepard class, not a bad looking boat, I would use it.

Magee class, no thank you.

Cardenas class, very interesting.

Klingon B O P, no way any of my Klingons would use it, but if you like it, go for it.

BSTLH class, now this is a neat looking freighter.

DASPU class, looks like a Borg ship to me.

QUGH class destroyer, looks like a model from a 70's sci fi show that got attacked by a roving band of kit bashers. Not for me.

VEQLARGH class, the only option from this list for Klingons I would be willing to buy. It is a decent looking ship.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    All the Fed ones, hate the KDF ones.. Im not calling them Klingons... Those arnt Klingons...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    uhh, no interest in the Blingon ships.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    big one in the middle right one of the big one of the middle top right corner and left corner... those i dont really want... rest are fine
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Shepard, Yeager and Walker Classes yes, the rest not so much
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      Okay, I'll give my opinion.

I don't find any of them particularly hideous. Some are definitely not aesthetically pleasing, but I'd fly them if my captains wanted one.

That said, I find the rotating saucer on the Crossfield to be puzzling. Plus it's huge. I like big ships, but not huge ships. And that one is reminiscent of that monstrous flying pancake with nacelles.

The only truly ugly one is the Qugh. Pink accents? What self-respecting Klingon (including females) would fly around in a pink-accented ship? I like pink and all, but not on a Klingon ship. Now if I could change that color to something more appropriate? Yeah, then I might fly it.

The freighter? Yeah, wouldn't mind having a freighter (complete with exchange/mail/bank access) in the C-Store. That's probably a pipe dream there, but one can hope.

All in all, I wouldn't mind getting any or all of them in the game.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
      edited January 2018
      i hvae not seen the show, but my god those are hideous. those "klingon" ships look like they outsourced thier ship designs
      u7acy6aymfw7.gif
      We Need BERETS in the tailor
    • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      all of them at some point but there's other ships that deserve to be released before we should see Discovery ships in game. KDF ones I've named should def get a release but that's just my opinion.

Fed's
      New Orleans Class
      T6 Steam runner Class
      T6 Nova Class
      T6 Saber Class
      T6 (Proper) Ambassador

KDF
      T6 Vor'cha Class
      T6 Kar'fi
      T6 Vo'Quv Carrier
      maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
      I think I look forward to seeing all of them in game except the Magee. I feel like that one basically damages the credibility of pretty much every other Federation design ever. Humans put their warp drives in nacelles for a reason (presumably) so if they can meld them into the primary hull like that why do all the rest of the designs not do it? It's the one completely odd duck for me.
    • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
      The Cardenas, Magee and Shepard, are definite favorites. The other Fed designs, I could take or leave. The Klingon ships and the Crossfield, I wouldn't ever want to fly.
      "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
    • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
      The Fed ships...except the Crossfield,which is fugly....look good though they don't really match the TOS era. The Shenzou looks like she came from the 22nd century, the others wouldn't look out of place in 2409. The Klingon ships are hideous. With that said, I don't mind if they turn up in game so long as they don't cram the TRIBBLE aesthetics down our throats and replace perfectly good stuff with it, like the way Klingons look. But if they are lockbox ships, the Klingon ships and Crossfield had better redefine OP otherwise they will go straight onto the exchange if I won one.
    • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
      Discovery is okay.
      Cardenas is so-so.

ST-D better not destroy Romulans as they did Klingons.

Also expecting these to be Promo ships meaning no one but the very few will ever fly them.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
      If I could only pick one? Nimitz.

Crossfield, being the hero ship class, will likely find its way into a chance box. So I'm not interested. I note that the sarcophagus ship isn't available yet from Eaglemoss. As it isn't represented on the list. For STO, I'd assume it would also be a chance box. Gotta keep parity for the KDF, right?
      (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I like most of them they look pretty decent, and even some that look like they might have been done as prototype or trial designs. A good example of that would be the Magee class, which I could see starfleet as a experiment with integrated nacelle designs. THough the only two designs I just don't like much is the shepard, and crossfield. THough I do quite like the Walker class, Nimitz class, and the Cardenas class as well.
    • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
      None of the Klingon ships look all that good. The closest I could probably stand would be the Veqlargh Class, it actually looks a tiny bit Klingon. The BoP and the rest are just not for me. If they came in a pack, I'd get them for Admiralty, maybe for the trait but that's about it.

Some of the Fed ships look a bit odd, as well. The Magee Class and the Hoover Class are certainly different, although I suppose the Hoover could be a precursor to the Nebula. I'd probably fly them if they came in a pack as I don't find them ugly.

The Walker, Nimitz, Shepard and Cardenas Class ships are ones I like the design of. I'd fly those simply for their look.

As for the Crossfield Class, good old Discovery herself, I don't know. I don't hate the look of the ship, but I don't really like it either. Again, if it came in a pack, probably, but I doubt it'd be a ship I'd fly much after getting the trait for it unlocked.

All this is assuming these ships would be T6 and not leveling ships, of course.
      Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.