test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion with account unlock reward - Yeah!

124»

Comments

• Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Less afkers this time. Think NoP helps out there, and the non manditory exclusive per char farm now reward is a making the event more fun.
    Future chars en recrute events will also have fun stuff.
    Due the planned afk runs, im less randomly running with afkers, which keeps my run more fun (for me).

If you got an unplanned afk-er, do a leeroy jenkins. Use aggro and repel tractor beam and draw them to ships, just before timer runs out. Will give u a good smile when blowing up boss ship.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Too many people rudely insist that doing the portals and stuff is mandatory, it isn't. All that is mandatory is waiting out the clock, then killing the boss ship.

Druk my complaint isn't that people aren't doing the portals etc. My complaint is that someone on the team does not participate in anything to do with the mission. They either just stay where they spawn in or fly to a far corner and let the other 4 complete the whole mission. Sometimes they roll on loot, sometimes they don't. This behavior is unfair to the rest of the group.

Like Druk has said there are 2 mission objectives Wait for the timer to get top 0 and kill the boss ship. Everything in the first phase is optional, so with those 2 mission objectives how is everyone else completing the mission? I have run both full on and afk in premades between completing everything and afking the difference the marks was 10 to 15, I could understand if it was 100 or more, but only 10 marks? Mysef I use it to level ship masteries so I run full tilt more often. Since I am leveling masteries, I like seeing AFKers as they give me more stuff to shoot at.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I've yet to see an AFKer thus far. To be honest I'd much rather be doing something for the 10 minutes rather than sat waiting. If that's what people want to do, so be it. At least on normal as there's no penalty for dying there.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Put yourself in the shoes of your Captain. You've been assigned to protect the Station. At that time you HAVE NO IDEA that after you get the Station prepared to emit the Tachyon Pulse and send any Terrans back, that a Dreadnought will create its own Portals and show up to try to take out the Station.

Based upon your original orders, sitting around out in the Oort Cloud is a direct disobedience of orders and a dereliction of duty.

By the way, after all the times I have played this over the years, I have yet to see a cowardly deserter (aka AFKer).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I get at least or close to 1 level of ship mastery each time I run this event... I dont bother with rifts or anything... I just go pew pew pew with faw. marks are not really an issue, you get the event token, min marks and bonus marks for each rep.
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    So far the best run I've had was 252 marks on advanced, daily bonus included. That's almost UAA level in terms of payout - not bad for a ~13 min mission.

Closing rifts is the reasonably rewarding activity here, even if they are infinite and the whole thing very much a pointless timegate treadmill. This is best accomplished through either teamwork (one pulls, another closes) or stealth. I choose stealth, because there's no telling what you get in PUGs. A cloaking ship is a must and battlecloak even better. Slap on 2-3 stealth modules, Competitive reputation 2-piece munitions set and go to town on those rifts.

Oh, and there's no leaver penalty for this. If you see a habitual leecher, just bail and re-queue. Or go AFK yourself. No reason to get mad or work hard for a random AFKer's marks.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    kaarruu wrote: »
    So far the best run I've had was 252 marks on advanced, daily bonus included. That's almost UAA level in terms of payout - not bad for a ~13 min mission.
    720 dil from Advanced
    + 2,520 dil from 252 marks
    + 333 dil from the elite mark
    + 3750 dil from the event token (50k + 2,500 from the marks, divided by 14 tokens)
    = 7323

Divided by 13 minutes, ~563 dil/minute. For repeats without the event token, only ~275.

CCA at average 1 minute does 1,520 dil/m without daily bonus or 2,070 with it.

No, it's definitely a bad payout and only worth doing for the unique item.