test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pull of Gravity Well not working properly

nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
Hello there,
we just had a look at the new gravity well in a pvp challenge, it looks like not working in pvp challenge against players. We used both GW1 and GW3, no differences (ofc, only in damage, that was ok), but it looks like working fine in Pve against NPC (we tried it in ISA).
Did anyone notice this?

Comments

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Are you comparing pull against friends or use in actual PvP matches? Because if its the later it's not a conclusive test, as players have a lot of different counters to the pull of control abilities, and with the overpowered speed boosts/buffs we have these days most PvP'ers can just power through a gravity well or tractor beam on speed alone.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Of course that was a controlled setup, just 3 ships fix in position, getting the grav well from another player, while doing nothing. The grav well just couldn't move at all the ships towards itself. In the last test, with gw3 and all the buff to ctrlx and such, it moved the ships a little bit each sec, but it was always very very weak and not comparable at all with the behaviour before the patch.
    And i say you more: i use to nanny people into isa, with gw1 on my recluse, always stopping spheres at the gateway spawn. This evening, my gw1 did nothing to the sphere, even if the first test i said above was ok, the other pve qs we did, gw1 did nothing, while before the patch it was more than enough to stop the entire damn maps lol
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    This skill has been broken for non specialized builds since the end of Season 12. GW1 is useless if it doesn't pull or hold anything within 5-6km at basic CrtlX numbers (0-50). It's completely useless and it does nothing to worth slotting it in an universal Lieutenant Commander boff slot.
  • Options
    casualsto wrote: »
    This skill has been broken for non specialized builds since the end of Season 12. GW1 is useless if it doesn't pull or hold anything within 5-6km at basic CrtlX numbers (0-50). It's completely useless and it does nothing to worth slotting it in an universal Lieutenant Commander boff slot.

As i said, and i say again, that was a controlled scenario. The ship launching gw was a partigen build, with more than 250 on ctrlx (500-ish epg too). Something is going on with gw, hope they will fix it.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    And all of these problems are not even known by devs. I'd like to receive a bit of feedbacks from them, in order at least to let them be aware of...
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    nandospc wrote: »
    And all of these problems are not even known by devs. I'd like to receive a bit of feedbacks from them, in order at least to let them be aware of...

Be sure to submit a ticket too.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    The DPS league was talking about this a while back. Cryptic changed GW so that now you have to have a build specificly to use it. If you dont have that build the GW has no pull on it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    aoav160 wrote: »
    nandospc wrote: »

Be sure to submit a ticket too.
    I did that too, no replies... Well, let's see what happens.