test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hearts and Minds Returns for Halloween!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The chilling episode, Hearts and Minds, returns to all three platforms for Halloween!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10701304

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I was wondering when it's supposed to come along. :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having lots of problems with lag on the servers and load up problems for the launcher and arc. Even got denial of service with the log-in screen after I was disconnected from the game.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having lots of problems with lag on the servers and load up problems for the launcher and arc. Even got denial of service with the log-in screen after I was disconnected from the game.

I've been trying to install the game but it's patching so slow it's impossible... 7% after 2 hours... Smh...

• Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    I have too many blue clone DOFFs, we need a DOFF mission where we can use "transporter surgery" to combine 3x identical DOFFS in ONE doff that is a slightly higher quality...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    This time isn't about the DOff, it's about the new zombie dance emote. We saw that it was coming this time when this was last available on Friday the 13th.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Are there no videos of this new emote any where?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Since nobody has unlocked it here yet, probably not.

Edit: Found one from Neverwinter which is probably the one that we'll get, too. As I suspected, it's based on Thriller.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I'm willing to bet it'll be the exact same emote that was released in CO earlier this month. I saw a video of it and it's the "Thriller" dance.

Here's a link to the CO announcement containing a preview of that emote.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet it'll be the exact same emote that was released in CO earlier this month. I saw a video of it and it's the "Thriller" dance.

Here's a link to the CO announcement containing a preview of that emote.

Yup. And it's not just PW games.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdSYvKDubWY

Is there an MJ anniversary I'm not aware of?
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Just a couple more of these and I'll be able to do the Hamlet performance with a full Dr. Sibak (clone) cast ;-)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    So... anyone know exactly how we unlock the emote yet?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    naryan#9475 naryan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Welp the Zombie emote is now the best emote in STO now. :D
    (@rattler2 Do hearts and minds, that gives you the emote when you complete it)
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @ambassadorkael#6946 there is still no way to start the mission on PS4. The Hail in the calendar entry is still greyed out and no other way to start it. Was supposed to be available over 40 minutes ago.
  • Options
    hellspawn041#6825 hellspawn041 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I am betting that is 8pm Pacific. Most stuff IS in Pacific time
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @hellspawn041#6825 said:
    > I am betting that is 8pm Pacific. Most stuff IS in Pacific time

Blog says 6pm Pacific and PC and XBone already have access to it.
  • Options
    Sorry, last thing I saw said 8. Oops
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OMFG....the ZOMBIE DANCE is sooooo frickin' awesome!!!! I had to stop in to say, "THANK YOU!!" It looks perfect for my Lethean. Two Thumbs Up!!

Definitely spending the day tomorrow to collect this on all my characters...even the ones I don't play!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Is there an MJ anniversary I'm not aware of?

Maybe the copyright on that dance ran out since it's popping up everywhere? :D

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Welp the Zombie emote is now the best emote in STO now. :D
    (@rattler2 Do hearts and minds, that gives you the emote when you complete it)

Still prefer the Victory of Sompek.
    :: snake, snake, JOLT!, fall to floor ::

:smiley:
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just run the Mission, it's automatically unlocked when you claim the Rewards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Added the zombie dance to my characters. Would have preferred an account unlock but perhaps for the next time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    Cue the music...cue the emote. Engage!

B)
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Just run the Mission, it's automatically unlocked when you claim the Rewards.

I would be glad to do so, if they ever enable it for PS4.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Hearts and Minds on PS4 is being extended by twelve hours to make up for it not being there last night.
  • Options
    Hearts and Minds on PS4 is being extended by twelve hours to make up for it not being there last night.

Doctor-Who-Pandorica-Opens-Doctor-thumbs-up.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

Was fine for the past several hours until about 30 minutes ago.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    I have all 14 of my Characters parked at Donatu after running it between last night and this morning. The folks at the Vulcan Cabelas sure were busy selling all those Lirpas to our Mission Contacts. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Hmph. Ran the mission. No emote. Sure, it says I unlocked the emote, but it ain't there.

EDIT: nvm. Found it. It's called "Emote_Zombie_Name", apparently. I was foolishly looking for something more obvious, like "Dance_Zombie" or just "Zombie".
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    That just goes to prove it was ripped hook, line, and sinker from another of their games.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns