test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so Beyond the Nexus is gone but i need the 360 Nexus beam

is there any way to get the 360 Nexus beam that was the last of 3 awards for Beyond the Nexus? i have the first two

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    it's not gone; it's before/after temporal ambassador, depending on faction​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Once episodes are moved out of the 'Featured Episode' slot, they get moved into the regular story line missions.

As shadowfang said, it hasn't been removed and you can still get your reward.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    Once episodes are moved out of the 'Featured Episode' slot, they get moved into the regular story line missions.

As shadowfang said, it hasn't been removed and you can still get your reward.
    It's true, but this one featured mission is peculiar because, unlike the rest that gets placed at the end of the on-going arc, it was sent all the way to the Klingon War arc and its KDF/Rom equivalent and had references to the Lukari, Tzenkethi and the Alliance (mostly) retconned.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If on Fed side look in Klingon War, if on KDF side look in Spectres.

It is in vigilance KDF side
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Wow - they added it to the Klingon War for Feds? I guess they're not much for linear game continuity anymore unless they re-worked some of the references in the mission.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I posted this in another Thread on this:

'Showing up as a Level 18+ Episode where it is makes it clear now that I was wrong and this was not a mistake. It explains why the special Mission Rewards are NOT freely upgradable to Mk XII. It also makes it clear that this Episode was an In-game advert for the new Galaxy Bridge.

For new Characters/Players you probably won't be getting to this Episode until you are a Level in the lower to mid twenties. Just in time before you reach Captain and can get the Venture. 'Wait didn't I just do an Episode with a much nicer Bridge. Oh, I can buy that in the C-Store'.

It ending up here also explains why patch notes never said this has moved to the blah blah Arc as a Level 60 only, which they do all the time for the other Featured Episodes.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    what does its position in the story have to do with the rewards clearly being bugged? all 3 of those stand alone temporal missions are pre-60 too, and their special rewards ALL upgrade to mk xii for free​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I posted this in another Thread on this:

'Showing up as a Level 18+ Episode where it is makes it clear now that I was wrong and this was not a mistake. It explains why the special Mission Rewards are NOT freely upgradable to Mk XII. It also makes it clear that this Episode was an In-game advert for the new Galaxy Bridge.

For new Characters/Players you probably won't be getting to this Episode until you are a Level in the lower to mid twenties. Just in time before you reach Captain and can get the Venture. 'Wait didn't I just do an Episode with a much nicer Bridge. Oh, I can buy that in the C-Store'.

It ending up here also explains why patch notes never said this has moved to the blah blah Arc as a Level 60 only, which they do all the time for the other Featured Episodes.'

Yes, here.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1235089/beyond-the-nexus
    what does its position in the story have to do with the rewards clearly being bugged? all 3 of those stand alone temporal missions are pre-60 too, and their special rewards ALL upgrade to mk xii for free​​

I think, as @baddmoonrizin stated, it's just currently misplaced. But it could also be as @ltminns said.

Right now, we are uncertain as to why it is placed where it is. Though, don't take where it currently is, as where it is meant to. IT may still get moved to the New Frontiers arc, just after Brushfire.

As for wher eit falls in the Romulan arc. As I stated in that thread, it is in the "In Shadows" story arc, right after Temporal Ambassador.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Those three Temporal Missions are all together in the 'Yesterday's War' Arc. This one was dumped into existing Arcs sort if randomly placed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    what's your point? they're still pre-60 missions​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options

Because as @baddmoonrizin pointed out. Where it doesn't fit where it is in the story arcs. Geordie references the Alliance. Which doesn't happens until later arcs.

Other than this, I have no problems with it remaining a pre-level 60 episode.

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    My point is that it may be that that free upgrades are only set for Episodes in the Iconian Arc and beyond.

I thought this was totally borked in its placement and lack of reward free upgrades but now I am not so sure. Maybe someone should put the CM on the trail of clarification.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »

Because as @baddmoonrizin pointed out. Where it doesn't fit where it is in the story arcs. Geordie references the Alliance. Which doesn't happens until later arcs.

What will you do?

Nothing. Aside from letting other know where it is and waiting to see if they move from where it is to somewhere else.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    what's your point? they're still pre-60 missions

what the hell does this have to do with the point i was making that a pre-60 mission with special rewards that DON'T freely upgrade to mk 12 are clearly bugged because there are 3 already-existing missions that fit the criteria with special rewards that DO freely upgrade?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Isn't it vastly better that the stuff doesnt auto upgrade to mk12?

So that you can take advantage of the much higher chance to improve the rarity that comes with low mark?

If the RNG for upgrading was better. I'd agree. But seeing as how I've had a Rare Mk II Delta Kit stay Rare all the way up to four upgrade attempts into Mk XIV. I'll remain on the fence here.

But overall, yes, this is why most do upgrade starting at VR Mk II. It offers more chances at it upgrading in rarity for cheaper Technology point costs. This is mainly to cut down the dil cost of upgrading. But, with all the Phoenix Events they've been running, this isn't much of a concern.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    And I explained why they don't.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

So that you can take advantage of the much higher chance to improve the rarity that comes with low mark?

If the RNG for upgrading was better. I'd agree. But seeing as how I've had a Rare Mk II Delta Kit stay Rare all the way up to four upgrade attempts into Mk XIV. I'll remain on the fence here.

But overall, yes, this is why most do upgrade starting at VR Mk II. It offers more chances at it upgrading in rarity for cheaper Technology point costs. This is mainly to cut down the dil cost of upgrading. But, with all the Phoenix Events they've been running, this isn't much of a concern.

the rng for upgrading is better though at low MK, thats the point

It's not so much that the RNG is better, but that you get many 'roll-overs' at low Mk. Thtats's why you preferably start at Mk II.

Pro-Tip: For those who don't realize, gear you get (from weapon boxes and such) will match your current lv. So, I have a special toon, at Lv. 4 only, iirc, that I use to open weapon boxes; that way you receive the items at very low Mk, and can do a massive Upgrade 'Alpha-Strike' on the item, as it were, hoping it will get Epic real soon.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Beyond the Nexus is the only mission in its respective story arc to provide rewards at a scaling cap of XII, all the other missions rewards are at XI.
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Beyond the Nexus is the only mission in its respective story arc to provide rewards at a scaling cap of XII, all the other missions rewards are at XI.

Yeah, no.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Yeah, no.

I think this is a display bug. I haven't gone back and replayed many of the missions. Just the ones I need for traits. But the gear reward displayed does tend to stop at Mk XI for a lot of missions.

the rng for upgrading is better though at low MK, thats the point

It's not so much that the RNG is better, but that you get many 'roll-overs' at low Mk. Thtats's why you preferably start at Mk II.

Pro-Tip: For those who don't realize, gear you get (from weapon boxes and such) will match your current lv. So, I have a special toon, at Lv. 4 only, iirc, that I use to open weapon boxes; that way you receive the items at very low Mk, and can do a massive Upgrade 'Alpha-Strike' on the item, as it were, hoping it will get Epic real soon.

This is what I do. Well, aside form having 3 low level toons for it. But that's for kits, since they're career specific.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Yeah, no.
    Check all the missions reward listings in the Klingon War arc then come back to me. ;)

• Options

Yeah, no.
    Check all the missions reward listings in the Klingon War arc then come back to me. ;)

Odd. I don't recall ever having gotten gear at Mk XI.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Check the Jem'Hadar Ground Equipment, the Harg'peng, etc. Remember there was a 150 Lobi purchase that would take the Mk XI Jem'Hadar Ground Set, including the Rare level Auto Rifle and upgrade it all to Mk XII VR, and give an Outfit unlock.

After they introduced Upgrade 2.0 they dropped that item and just left the Outfit at a 200 Lobi higher price.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Check the Jem'Hadar Ground Equipment, the Harg'peng, etc. Remember there was a 150 Lobi purchase that would take the Mk XI Jem'Hadar Ground Set, including the Rare level Auto Rifle and upgrade it all to Mk XII VR, and give an Outfit unlock.

After they introduced Upgrade 2.0 they dropped that item and just left the Outfit at a 200 Lobi higher price.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I *do* remember the Jem MK XI set. :blush: Pretty sure more recent items drop as Mk XII, right?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    As has been mentioned they have retconned the hell out of the mission, took a lvl 44 AOY through it after it got moved just to see what had changed, no mention of the alliance, the Lukari or anything from that area of space. Not sure if it was due to me using TOS phasers but half the ground hostiles got disintegrated, the rest lay around like corpses rather than sit around holding their heads with that green halo around it.

For my AOY at least the rewards do get free upgrades to mk XII.

There appears to be an Ocampan behind the bar in 10 forward, if that's the case then this mission should be placed some time during or after Delta Rising, and not where they have stuck it.