test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobayashi Maru Weekend

This sounds like fun again.

Link for announcement details: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10645624

"The Kobayashi Maru event will run on PC starting on September 28th at 9 AM PST through October 2nd at 10 AM PST. The queue is available to all captains of level 50+."

"The Universal Console Reiterative Structural Capacitor." Is this a new reward or a repeat?

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    events are always new rewards each time they come around again​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It's a new reward. And here are the details if you're interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IJIGw
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    It's a new reward. And here are the details if you're interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IJIGw

Nice. I may swap out the Sympathetic Fermion Transceiver on my Multi-Mission.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    All I want to know is can we tractor the frakking thing to keep it from moving all over the map this time
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    I predict a lot of timed queues with 5 or 6 rounds (depending on what is the minimum)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Also they are opening up a Weekend Event Store. You can use the Weekend Event Vouchers to purchase any previous Weekend Event Prize. Account unlock.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I'd like to know if rewards that were previously unlocked on one character are now going to be available to all characters.

I'd also like to know if the freighter has any brains this time around. I remember KM being a royal pain the last time around; here's hoping some of the issues have been fixed.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All Weekend Event Prizes have always been Account unlocks.

Remember, this is going to be the third prize given. First Sompek (before it became a 21-day grind), first Kobayashi Maru, and now the second Kobayashi.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    It's nice to be able to decide to only play it once or twice this weekend, knowing the tokens will be usable later for any of the weekend items. Before those queues were "wasted" unless you forced yourself to play more.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Not the pugs, anything but the pugs
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      Not the pugs, anything but the pugs
      But pugs are so cute, and affectionate with their pudgy little faces....... Oh wait you mean those pugs.........
    • Options
      saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
      lopequil wrote: »
      I'd like to know if rewards that were previously unlocked on one character are now going to be available to all characters.

I'd also like to know if the freighter has any brains this time around. I remember KM being a royal pain the last time around; here's hoping some of the issues have been fixed.
      For participating in the Kobayashi Maru Weekend Event or any future Weekend Event, players will receive Weekend Event Vouchers. These vouchers can be activated to open the Weekend Event Store, where the current and previous Weekend Event rewards can be purchased. Finally, by popular demand, any purchase from the Weekend Event Store is account unlocked and can be reclaimed by any of your characters!

The store can also be accessed through the Event Reputation Store, in the event that you don’t have a Weekend Event Voucher but still want to reclaim previously bought items.
      from http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10655784-weekend-event-store
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • Options
      warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      galatt wrote: »
      All I want to know is can we tractor the frakking thing to keep it from moving all over the map this time

If that ship can maneuver like that...after being hit by a mine...losing power....then all I can say to the crew is,.. SPLIT! RUN!! GET OUTA THERE!!! VAMOOSE!! But, nooooooo........let's endanger other ships by being annoying.

That or have the ability to beam over and smack the captain around for being a sod for not sitting still.
      Or the ability to shoot it at wave 5 to get the reward faster. ;)
    • Options
      smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
      warpangel wrote: »
      galatt wrote: »

If that ship can maneuver like that...after being hit by a mine...losing power....then all I can say to the crew is,.. SPLIT! RUN!! GET OUTA THERE!!! VAMOOSE!! But, nooooooo........let's endanger other ships by being annoying.

That or have the ability to beam over and smack the captain around for being a sod for not sitting still.
      Or the ability to shoot it at wave 5 to get the reward faster. ;)

Don't give them ideas. ;;|>_>\
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • Options
      walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
      I have tried the queue a few times and so far I haven't gotten past round 4 or 5. It seems like the first 3 rounds go pretty easily and then round 4 comes and the Koby loses most of its health from enemy fire if not all of it.
      sstosig2.png
    • Options
      lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
      So much for fixing the scaling before level ten...
      Q9BWcdD.png
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      If that ship can maneuver like that...after being hit by a mine...losing power....
      Given that this was gotten more or less right - way back in The Cure Found, there is no excuse for the contradiction between the Kobayashi Maru's reported and actual capabilities to have gotten past QA not once, but twice. The relevant personnel at Cryptic should hang their heads in shame.
    • Options
      saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
      Not only is the Maru still idiotic, purposely trying to get blown up by flying near enemies and ticking them off (I guess the Captain gets close enough to flip everyone off).
      It's VERY annoying, especially against Undine and their bubbles.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFs3lOqr1UE
      And unless each teammate has the Protomatter console of the Lukari sci-vessel, most groups won't pass the first onslaught wave.
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • Options
      discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
      I don't get that logic. "I don't want to do something so it should be removed from the game"

Apparently it works on Cryptic, since it got those Exploration cluster missions removed. Boo. But I don't get it, if you don't like something, just don't do it.

With that said, they did make it harder this time around. Haven't gotten past round 4 and twice (out of five), round 3.

Small sample size, but untimed seems easier than timed. Both failures were timed and the third only made to it round 4 because I sat on top of the Maru with the protomatter console
    • Options
      lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
      Funny thing but in my scimitar rommie eng i can sleepwalk up to lvl 5 or so yet in my fed fleet arb science im lucky to beat lvl 2. Difficulty seems totally off??
    • Options
      damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
      The Kobayashi Maru shouldn't be zipping and zooming about the battlespace. It got hit by a mine, lost power and they even say their propulsion is out. I'll do it, but I'm not glad to see it back. It's just irritating.
    • Options
      kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
      I'm guessing that it's one reward, every 24-hours, per account, not toon. I couldn't work out why I wasn't getting the rewards when I played it on other toons, which is frustrating, but something that has ALWAYS bugged me, is that there's no timer to tell you when you can play is again to get the reward on an event.
    • Options
      mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      kayajay wrote: »
      I'm guessing that it's one reward, every 24-hours, per account, not toon. I couldn't work out why I wasn't getting the rewards when I played it on other toons, which is frustrating, but something that has ALWAYS bugged me, is that there's no timer to tell you when you can play is again to get the reward on an event.

Yes, i am wondering about this as well. no way to tell when to do it again, if it goes by the usual cryptic cd timer of 20 hours, then the earliest one could get another token is in about 10 minutes time?
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • Options
      miciocicciomiciociccio Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Actually there is, in same screen where you can see all other mark daily bonus countdown, there's aswell the "Weekend event voucher" one (cd is 20 hours like all other marks).
    • Options
      ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
      ...but something that has ALWAYS bugged me, is that there's no timer to tell you when you can play is again to get the reward on an event...

There's a button on the PVE queue UI that lets you look at all the daily bonus timers as well as the daily specials. It's something I always check before queuing up for a special event.
    • Options
      alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
      Arena of Sompek was my most favorite event, and this KM event has got to be my most despised event. It's totally chaotic, requires everyone to have that event sci ship protomatter console, inexplicably locks out certain space powers like the big green shield-healing sphere even when it's not active for anyone else, and then there's the 'speed up' full throttle thing that makes space combat into a silly joke and again demands broadsiding setups since there's no way to keep things in forward targeting arcs on fast ships.

That's the least of the problems as it seems the whole of STO is becoming so unstable (tailor glitched/lagged, EC Exchange R.I.P., end-game interface seems to get ever-more bugged, etc.) and CRYPTIC will do NOTHING as without a doubt more waves of players will rightfully quit the game permanently.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿