test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Congratulations Cryptic you have 1 less Player using the PvE UI and Queues

So this morning has finally broken my patience with this UI. I've persevered with it, battled and fought with it and now i'm quitting it.

I'm tired of long wait times to get things to start outside of a Red Alert.
Constantly having matches cancelled due to Player declines and the game forgetting I already hit accept and asking me again and again and not being able to leave match when caught in this loop without logging toon out.
Hitting accept and then being dropped from the queue.

I know this post is a complete waste of time because if the Management running this company cared about the quality of the product they release, then we wouldn't have had this travesty of a "improvement" forced upon us.

Many queues I used to run no longer fill so content in a way has been locked out to me.

Looks like its Dil mining, Dyson Battlezone, New Romulus and Romulan Patrols to pick up my daily dil.

I think some shore leave is in order so i may take a few days and soak up the sun on Risa until the new season drops next week.
maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.

Comments

• Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Queues are hopeless unless you have a full team already. Fortunately we never pug in our fleet as there is always a ton of people online to fill the queues, but for the fleetless or fleeties with dead fleets I can see them just giving up over this mess. Enjoy your R&R.

Thank you sir hopefully the break will relieve the frustration this game is causing.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Take a break, spend some time with family, I need to learn not to let these negative players get to me
  • Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I do prefer the old system was cleaner and less of a pain in the butt to use.
  • Options
    awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    imo there should be a minimum time (i say about 5 minutes) for a pve to start once someone has queued it up, and enough people have not joined the queue within that time limit the rest of the team gets filled with ai bots. at least that way people could try out the queues that no one else seems to want to play
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    your anger with the UI is just the tip of the iceberg signaling you to take a break. You definately have a lot more issues with the game. Take a break or leave it completely if you feel the game can't bring you anymore joy.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Oh lordy the UI again. Totally agree with the sentiment though.

I'm so sick of it i never even open that piece of TRIBBLE UI anymore unless a particular Endeavour requires me to pay a certain queue, and even then most times i'll just spam the DPS channel for a team as other are doing the same.
    I'll just bide my time messing about in battlezones, with the tailor etc. Or even better i'll just log off and do something else to enjoy.

If you wanted to push people away from the game and get then so angry they can't even bother logging in then this UI is one heck of a way to do it.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Yup the new UI is messed up.It lacks good programing, careful thought about its mechanics and its a fu*** clickfest if you wanna do several non-premade stf's. Overall maybe it looks better but its trash from a functionality stand point.

I stoped playing stf's due to it and now if i decide (rarely) to play some with my friends (2 others) there a good ammount of quarrel bewtwin us on who's the unlucky TRIBBLE that will make the games ... and its usually me ....

So yes 1-2 times month until they fix this sh****
    Post edited by daciaeterna on
  • Options
    I hardly even log in these days. Sadtimes really.

You are probably blessed then tbh!

Me, i'm a sucker for punishment i think and clearly have been fooled into thinking that sticking with it will lead to something improving. Must admit that feeling is wearing a little thin.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The new UI has driven away far more then just 1 player. Its help killed fleets by driving so many away from the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So last night running some queues in premades with friends and we get our group ready and I hit start. Then......nothing. No idea if it's done anything as there's no visual reference as to what is actually going on, are we kicked out? Are we in a countdown? Are we stuck in queue limbo?
    After a couple of mins of it doing nothing I thought it was an SNR but then suddenly without warning it sends us to the mission.

Honestly, it's like clawing your own eyes out with a spoon trying to get this pile of junk UI to work or understand its logic.
    Post edited by lordsteve1 on
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This queue UI is killing this game and Cryptic doesn't seem to care.

It's like they won't be happy until they have no players left at all.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    This queue UI is killing this game and Cryptic doesn't seem to care.

It's like they won't be happy until they have no players left at all.

They have an agreement with CBS for several more years for STO, they are not likely to sabotage that agreement and see themselves sunk in a court rruling against them for a breach of contract. They care enough, they have little choice in that matter.

When Cryptic gets around to rebuilding their queue system and UI, that depends on them.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    Well the queue UI clearly needs improvement. But for me it's not game breaking. For PUGging it works.

I do log in less than usual, but that's for different reasons. The UI alone wouldn't be able to chase me away.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    I hardly even log in these days. Sadtimes really.

Sad indeed, I am in the same boat now really, I am more or less in a state of retirement from actually playing this game except maybe log in every few weeks to try a new mission or claim something like a freebie as will be after todays patch, then log off. And yeah, I still seem to be a small forumite ghost around here, don't know why for sure except due to boredom.

Been playing for years though, the height of this game was Legacy of Romulus and I sadly don't see those sorts of days happening again. I'll keep my eyes on the news once in a while, but I am not expecting miracles for this game.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    They have an agreement with CBS for several more years for STO, they are not likely to sabotage that agreement and see themselves sunk in a court rruling against them for a breach of contract. They care enough, they have little choice in that matter.
    Maybe this is how you get OUT of such a contract, by torpedoing the game so it goes down the flames in a way that can't clearly be blamed on you.

To be honest, I'm not convinced that this is anything more than a terrible transfer of a crappy UI designed for the consoles. It seems like someone thought that it'd be a good idea to 'port' that UI to the PC version. Terrible idea.

This right here is exactly what i believe.

And this is why I am SERIOUSLY concerned when people talk about how great the console version's automation of certain skills/abilities/HUD is, that wheel thingy they have. I really do not want another broken, half-assed, console fanboy port dumped upon PC players who can easily handle more complex interfaces for piloting.
    And if it such a thing were to happen and it be as f.u.b.a.r. as the queue UI is right now that would be game over for me for sure, and a lot of other players.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    What if we've all just misinterpreted this new UI? It may simply be that they have fulfilled a long standing wish of some players and re-added the No Win Scenario mission.

You're not fighting the Borg, Undine, Tzenkethi or whatever. The real challenge is to defeat the UI which acts as a mission guardian - and which got its name from the Vortex Guardian in KASA. Everything else is just a bonus.

You are playing the game when you're trying to beat the queue UI. It's just that there are no rewards when you fail. And that's how it should be, as the No Win Scenario should be elite difficulty only.

;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    What if we've all just misinterpreted this new UI? It may simply be that they have fulfilled a long standing wish of some players and re-added the No Win Scenario mission.

You're not fighting the Borg, Undine, Tzenkethi or whatever. The real challenge is to defeat the UI which acts as a mission guardian - and which got its name from the Vortex Guardian in KASA. Everything else is just a bonus.

You are playing the game when you're trying to beat the queue UI. It's just that there are no rewards when you fail. And that's how it should be, as the No Win Scenario should be elite difficulty only.

;)

Wow, so you're telling me STO is trying to break the 4th wall now?..................

To pass this challenge you must defeat the Guardian of the Queue Realm of Fnu!!!

May you be worthy in battle and die with honor!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    Insert Gandalf meme here

:D
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

;)

Wow, so you're telling me STO is trying to break the 4th wall now?..................

To pass this challenge you must defeat the Guardian of the Queue Realm of Fnu!!!

May you be worthy in battle and die with honor!

I have no idea what this is all about :p

Definitely agreed that we could use more Gandalf in STO though. Or maybe not lol/.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    We can theorize and guess all day about who has what agreement and who's trying to do what. The only thing that remains a clear fact is that player count is dropping and that the Queue UI is a contributing factor.

The other fact is that Cryptic is doing nothing about it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    The plural of "player" is "players," it is a countable noun, so it takes the word "fewer" instead of "less."

Please edit the mistake out of your title.

Does it really matter if the correct term is being used? Seriously?

The nature of the topic and the context makes perfect sense to everyone else posting here. If you have nothing to add to the topic why post at all.....unless you jut be trolling the thread? Surely not? ;)
    SulMatuul.png