test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Permanently muting everyones microphone on my end

Nothing is more annoying then to listen to someone chowing down on a meal, or doing god knows what, during a TF. I just did the Borg Disconnect. Through the whole TF I could hear just about everything a player was doing at his or her computer/console. He or she never said a word. They where asked nicely twice to turn off there microphone. They didn't. If a player has there microphone on to talk, then talk. I have no problems with that. But the noises from a player doesn't exactly add to the experience of the game. So I would like to mute any player audio on my end. Any idea's?

Comments

• Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Can't you just disable the whole voice chat system under options? I didn't even know people used it. Out of the 4 years I've played this game I think I've heard someone on the ingame voice chat once, maybe twice.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Yes, you can. You can set it to not auto-join voice chat. On console, anyway. Are you on console or PC? This has an effect on how the options are arranged.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    You can turn it off fairly easily in the chat settings menu.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I'm on PC and I have voice chat toggled to off.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    autumnwind34autumnwind34 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I don't get people somtimes are they completely oblivious. Or do they think we want to listen to their mouth noises and crappy music.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I disabled voice chat after my first STF where some know-it-all was cussing at everyone because they were "doing it wrong".
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @byozuma#0956 said:
    > Yes, you can. You can set it to not auto-join voice chat. On console, anyway. Are you on console or PC? This has an effect on how the options are arranged.

They have voice chat on console? Had no idea.......always used XBL Party chat with fleet mates or people I ran across asking for help with missions.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    In game Voice Chat actually works? o.O

My fleet moved away from using in game and started just using Steam because in game would sometimes drop one of us without warning. Also... we can get more than 5 people talking outside of STO.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I disabled my mic about four years ago, after hearing some unidentified TRIBBLE repeating "TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE" over and over on the voice channel. Just gives an idea of the level-headedness of some of the players, i guess.
  • Options
    shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I've never heard anything like this since playing.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    In game Voice Chat actually works? o.O
    I remember another thread in which posters were complaining that players in que'd content did not use the voice comms. The complaint was that those players need to stop playing team events if they are not going to communicate with the team.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, I just disable Voice Chat in the Options.