test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about dil refining as a reward option?

2»

Comments

• Options
    miciocicciomiciociccio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    If anything, they should make the refine cap account-wide.

+ 1000 at that.

I am a new player, like 3 weeks or so,and yes, ik here ppls got 150 alts with 1 million unrefined dilithium each so removing the cap is impossible (in some ways is like the checkin alts for FW lol).

On other hand, like it is now you're basically forced to make alts, ok, i made 3 more chars (atm got 3 lvl 60 and i 3x) but tbh i like way more just play my main, even more seen i still didnt even finished all episodes (and anyway with that grinding fest, like reps, there's no way to really use more than 1, rest are just to refine more dil and to research other crafting branchs).

On main got already over 100k extra unrefined dil even tough am not really bothering farming it.

So yes, would be nice if they even reduce the "cap x char" but at same time make it account wide, like dunno, 20k x account or so.

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    bad poll options are bad... Im for a small permanent increase in daily limit, say maybe 10k/day but what you're suggesting... no

You do realize that is what option 3 is...right? Which is STILL a terrible idea...even if it is less terrible than what is suggested in the OP.

I took option 3 to mean 'something even more extreme'
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    bad poll options are bad... Im for a small permanent increase in daily limit, say maybe 10k/day but what you're suggesting... no

Nah, 8k is fine.

Hell, I don't even bother running the Doff mission every other day to refine the extra 1,000 Dil. I think the last time I did that mission was back in January this year on a single character from my roster. Only available to 800+ day veteran and LTS players.

Im ok with it staying at 8k, but I dont think 10k would be as terrible as others think
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Im ok with it staying at 8k, but I dont think 10k would be as terrible as others think

I think you are underestimating the psychological effect of such a change to the Dil economy. For example, I believe the cooldown change of the Turn Over Confiscated Contraband mission from 4 hours to 20 hours dropped the dil exchange rate by 80 - 100 points. The increase of the refinement cap will have much more of a profound change to the exchange rate compared to the cooldown change of that single mission.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    If done in a reasonable amount I’d indeed give it a yes.

Peeps would play more actively over it and the queues would fill up. I mean it’s not as if players would not use alts and the admiralty anyway to circumvent the cap much more than this ever could.

I’m a hardcore STO player but doing more than two dozen PvE a day would even burst my gaming time. 75 refined Dil for Normal, 150 for advanced and 300 for elite maps is what I’d suggest. That would double the refinement cap of a single toon of mine, yes, but that’s still not even 10% of what I refine with 10 tons each day. If I’d do another 10 toons more and retire myself from active play completey instead of doing two dozen PvE I guess I could even double my daily refinement cap.

I think the consequences on the Dil Exchange over what the OP suggests are far less dangerous than most estimate.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Phoenix boxes allready drops Dilex from time to time.
    Look what admirality EC did with previous EC cap, adding mroe refined dil into the market will not increase its vallue.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Phoenix dropped the dil by about 10% once the initial speculative overshoot was done with. My guess at what would happen with a sensible play to refine reward would be:
    1 a spike in the exchange from speculators
    2 things cooldown pretty quickly with the exchange rate a bit higher and people playing more
    3 over months those with lots of spare dil clear their backlog and the player base as a whole enjoys more active queues, gradually the dil ex drops a little but not all the way down, as some of the extra dil is exhanged for zen and some used in gear and fleet projects.

For a proportion of the player base we get next to no reward for doing queues: too EC rich to care about bog standard loot and too dil rich to notice the pile going up by a few hundred.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    Phoenix dropped the dil by about 10% once the initial speculative overshoot was done with. My guess at what would happen with a sensible play to refine reward would be:
    1 a spike in the exchange from speculators
    2 things cooldown pretty quickly with the exchange rate a bit higher and people playing more
    3 over months those with lots of spare dil clear their backlog and the player base as a whole enjoys more active queues, gradually the dil ex drops a little but not all the way down, as some of the extra dil is exhanged for zen and some used in gear and fleet projects.
    1. Phoenix dropped the dil by about 30% long-term.
    2. It's impossible to simultaneously have people refining more dil and the dilex "cool down." Outside phoenix events the game is still producing far more dil than sinking it as it is.
    3. No "sensible" increase would see those with lots of spare dil ever clear their backlog, even in years.
    For a proportion of the player base we get next to no reward for doing queues: too EC rich to care about bog standard loot and too dil rich to notice the pile going up by a few hundred.
    Then there's another reason why there should be unique rare drops instead of/in addition to numerics.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Refinement leads to Inflation, leads to the Dark Side.

Tl;dr: No.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    next season should be bringing a whole new dil sink, and Im betting cryptic has it planned to be a long term one too
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    next season should be bringing a whole new dil sink, and Im betting cryptic has it planned to be a long term one too

Yea. Its called a new fleet holding. And a 5 tier one at that. So the equivalent of another Fleet Starbase. I predict some of the largest fleets won't have any problems, but demand for Dilithium to fuel the new Colony holding will bring the Exchange prices down.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    coolbatman wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing more rewards in the form of fleet or reputation dilithium vouchers

Probably the only way Cryptic will give out that kind of Dilithium that doesn't need refinement. And I can see Fleet vouchers being desirable coming next month.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yea. Its called a new fleet holding. And a 5 tier one at that. So the equivalent of another Fleet Starbase. I predict some of the largest fleets won't have any problems, but demand for Dilithium to fuel the new Colony holding will bring the Exchange prices down.
    Pretty much this. I'd loosely guesstimate the dilex eventually stabilizing somewhere around 150-200 if the colony requires as much dil as the starbase did. Not immediately, though, since the first tiers are probably cheaper.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just because it is a five Tier does not mean it needs to have crazy numbers of XP Levels between the Tiers. 150 for the last from IV to V is one thing for a Starbase (and too much IMHO) but ludicrous for a Holding. Don't expect the same scale of resources needed as the Starbase itself.

If they really needed a sink, just do what they did for Reputation Projects that needed Doffs. Replace them with Dilitium at the rate of 100 per Doff. 7,700 Dilitium instead of 77 Doffs is not a big deal. Buying and unpacking 77 Doffs is a Royal PITA. Also a QoL issue.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    im not sure how anyone can possibly have dilithium spare to sell for zen . between personal use and fleet donations i run dry every day . an increase in my ability to refine more would just go into more projects i guess. i have seen me having to buy dilithium for zen if i have a spike for it in my personal demand . if refining more would mean i get more dilithium per zen then i support the idea .ofc i might not understand the economic correctly
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    bruccy wrote: »
    im not sure how anyone can possibly have dilithium spare to sell for zen .

That may hold for a new player but a vet has tons of upgraded gear and not much to buy in the dil shop, so its either convert to zen, give to fleet or kit out in new dil gear with a different build that requires a respec and probably hundreds of thousands of fleet credits, which is a lot of hassle to change beam colour. Giving to fleet is fine until the fleet has hundreds of spare provisions and it becomes unnecessary.

For example level a vet can level a toon, do all reps with sponsorship so they take half as long, plus contraband and admiralty and you'll have a 500k backlog. Those reps require 4 or 5 quick levels a day without an extra marks weekend. A vet can then move good gear and lots of ec to that new toon so they don't need stuff that costs dil.

I can easily get more than 8k per day doing admiralty and contraband, add cca, r&d and quiz and it will be a spare 8k every couple of days. And I have a fraction of the admiralty cards that some have.
  • Options
    bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    bruccy wrote: »
    im not sure how anyone can possibly have dilithium spare to sell for zen .

That may hold for a new player but a vet has tons of upgraded gear and not much to buy in the dil shop, so its either convert to zen, give to fleet or kit out in new dil gear with a different build that requires a respec and probably hundreds of thousands of fleet credits, which is a lot of hassle to change beam colour. Giving to fleet is fine until the fleet has hundreds of spare provisions and it becomes unnecessary.

For example level a vet can level a toon, do all reps with sponsorship so they take half as long, plus contraband and admiralty and you'll have a 500k backlog. Those reps require 4 or 5 quick levels a day without an extra marks weekend. A vet can then move good gear and lots of ec to that new toon so they don't need stuff that costs dil.

I can easily get more than 8k per day doing admiralty and contraband, add cca, r&d and quiz and it will be a spare 8k every couple of days. And I have a fraction of the admiralty cards that some have.

ok i understand better now but as a player who is not in a state of splendid isolation for want of a better describtion i want to get as much dilithium as i can for the zen i bought . so for selfish reasons i think the OP idea is great lol
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Just because it is a five Tier does not mean it needs to have crazy numbers of XP Levels between the Tiers. 150 for the last from IV to V is one thing for a Starbase (and too much IMHO) but ludicrous for a Holding. Don't expect the same scale of resources needed as the Starbase itself.

I'm assuming that the new holding is basically the equivalent of another Starbase. This thing is, from what we've heard, going to have a large map we can explore, 5 full tiers, and even some kind of queued alert. None of the other 3 tier holdings have that.

We've been in need of a new holding for some time now, and this thing is perfect. Although my fleet is not quite as active as it used to be, but we'll be able to get working on it.

Hm... what to call ours though...
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hm... what to call ours though...
    given the look of it from the screenshots we've seen my fleet has been tossing around mass effect references :P
  • Options
    Well... I can think of a few... and maybe a few from Battletech as well.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No idea what you mean by the "splendid isolation" bit but the OP's idea would get destroy your ability to get dillithium for zen. Just ask the Neverwinter players about their Astral Diamond exchange.

Don't remind me of the disaster that is the AD Exchange...
    c28700cdca8fa46d6eab0b9bca152d8e--rainbow-dash-rainbows.jpg

Last time I looked at it... I gave up trying to grind ADs for Zen to get ANYTHING... And its made worse by the fact that Cryptic decided NOT to use the normal currency of gold/silver/copper for the auction house, but ADs, which makes it MORE desirable, thus drives the prices up even higher.