test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Loading Nimbus III" Frozen

Console: PS4

Loading screen stuck on Nimbus III

Happened this morning (7/21) at 3am cst. I was about to complete the final Nimbus III mission (Wasteland) and when I selected "return to ship" the loading screen came up and stopped at 2/3 progress. From the "choose character" screen, it loads into the frozen loading screen, so I can't access menu or options. I've force closed, restarted system, created/switched characters, and left STO on for hours at a time. I've submitted a support ticket to ARC, but I haven't heard anything yet. I've seen the exact issue on multiple (recent) boards, but no resolution.

Is there an eta for a fix?

PSN: Erik_1899

Thanks

Comments

• xedalphaxedalpha Member Posts: 2 New User
    Happened to me too. Apparently a big issue at the moment. Just waiting on a fix. Contact support and they'll boot your toon back to the neutral zone in the meanwhile
  • huneycutt#9913 huneycutt Member Posts: 2 New User
    This happened to me as well yesterday 7/24/2017. While completing the last leg of the mission the game froze. I reloaded the game and now it just sits on the loading Nimbus III screen....I let it try and load for over 2 hours, I even uninstalled and re-installed the game, but to no avail. I created a sub character with no problem and played, tried to switch characters but still locked on Loading Nimbus III screen.

Any official announcements on this bug?
  • psychosis#8529 psychosis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The same thing happened to me as well. I sent my main to Nimbus III to complete an accolade and he's stuck there now. I sent a second character there to test my theory so now they're both stuck there. I hope the issue is fixed soon because I look forward to the 13.5 content.
  • wildmanjensen#1231 wildmanjensen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i had to go to support chat to get them to unlock my charater from nimbus III on the last of fistfull of gorn hey guys some of us has real money involved in this game you did a mantance on 7/25/2017 for 2 hours what was u fixing ? you guys have had plenty of time to fix the wasteland missions whats up with that here how it goes on the fist full of gorn mission here the loading page ------------ end of the load and stops please get this fixed liie i said some of us has real money invested in this game
    this is startrek online with the ps4 that has the issue with me
    oh ps fix the cloaking on the ships they get stuck in cloak
  • hawksytshawksyts Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    same ahppend to me..just got toon out by support. But now??
    There is no way to proceed in leveling with this toon..unless i can complete Wasteland.
    Since this issue is known, and no eta on fixing..they should give ll players the opportunity to get instant completion on wasteland so you can go on on storylines...or else the toon is useless.
    Looking at the forthcomming event in august, i need this toon to be at least lvl50 asap.
  • jadedvdragoon#8633 jadedvdragoon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I lost my lvl 44 to this bug when will thet fix it?
  • dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Apparently it is being worked on but until then, no other missions I can do. So guess time to turn off STO PS4 for a while until they fix it, which will be sometimes. Oh well.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Hopefully soon!
  • dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    One would think a game stopping bug like this would be hotfixed or such. Heck, the exact same type of bug happened on the PC version. How in blazes did they miss this one again? I literally can't do other missions now because of it.
  • garrett#1766 garrett Member Posts: 1 New User
    Character name Luka,
    PSN Title TheHowardJacobs,
    Ship name N.C.C Reluctant,
    Character level 28,

Been stuck on Nimbus III for a couple of days now and did send you guys a support ticket. If you could at least move me out of Nimbus III I would b happy with that for now until Nimbus III is fixed
  • jraew85jraew85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here. Took a transporter on Nimbus III to the canyon area and it didn't want to load. Restarted the client and stuck on loading screen. Submitted a ticket on 31/7.
    Just had a live chat with someone at support and got moved to sector space and advised to avoid Nimbus III until it is fixed.
  • hawksytshawksyts Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    They need to fix this ASAP...toons are stuck leveling..no other storylines can be done. Fix it NOW..or give everyone acces to the next storyline arc..pls.
  • They better fix it soon or I'm contacting paypal and getting all the money back I spent on this bug infested game back, this is TRIBBLE!
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    My main was afflicted as well. I contacted support and they were pretty nice about it. They got him moved over to the Beta Quadrant and now I'm able to move about just fine. They did warn against going back to Nimbus III until fixed, but at least I can use the character. Leveling is slow. I'm currently 28 so I'm hoping to get to 30 (Commander) via redoing older missions as well as some PvE stuff.

Have some patience guys. I know it sucks being stuck in the middle of a story mission when you're trying to get leveled up, but at least your character isn't completely useless. The devs are working on a fix and I'm sure that we'll be able to get on with our game soon enough.

Before you go on a rant saying how you've spent hard earned real money and the dev needs to get this done yesterday... I'm in the same boat. I've spent money on both the PC and PS4 versions. We're all fans of Star Trek so let's try to act how a Starfleet Officer would instead of how people do on the internet in modern times.
  • psychosis#8529 psychosis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I just wanted to add a small ray of light to the black hole that is called Nimbus III. I contacted support for my stuck character and they were very helpful. My character wasn't easy to move but through patience and perseverance, they made it happen. Nimbus III has not yet been repaired but contacting support is the first step in fixing your issues individually.
  • Well I can't seem to get ahold of support at all, when I click support it never load the damn page for me. I can't call cause I can't get the damn phone number, maybe sony needs to kick arcs TRIBBLE or something, they are really pissing me off, my son I was helping on Nimbus 3 with his guy is locked up on there as well as my level 38. It doesn't take this long to fix a bug, they're just lazy TRIBBLE. The simplest solution is to boot all characters off Nimbus 3 and ban the planet until its fixed for good and just add some planetary patrol missions that aren't bugged either until then.
  • docmc1#4503 docmc1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @elimgarak#6047 said:
    > Console: PS4
    >
    > Loading screen stuck on Nimbus III
    >
    > Happened this morning (7/21) at 3am cst. I was about to complete the final Nimbus III mission (Wasteland) and when I selected "return to ship" the loading screen came up and stopped at 2/3 progress. From the "choose character" screen, it loads into the frozen loading screen, so I can't access menu or options. I've force closed, restarted system, created/switched characters, and left STO on for hours at a time. I've submitted a support ticket to ARC, but I haven't heard anything yet. I've seen the exact issue on multiple (recent) boards, but no resolution.
    >
    > Is there an eta for a fix?
    >
    > PSN: Erik_1899
    >
    > Thanks
  • docmc1#4503 docmc1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same here!! Been stuck there 4 2 weeks!!
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    https://support.arcgames.com

Submit a ticket or chat with live chat support on that website.
    I updated my ticket asking if they had an ETA on the fix. I'll update this thread when they respond.
  • bdopebdope Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i sent my ticket in 2 days ago as well both of my toons are stuck in loading screen from trying to go to Nimbus as well on PS4 console, PSN is babydopey please get this fixed soon i cant play :(
  • foxtrot#8002 foxtrot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had this happen over the weekend. The game froze on nimbus I closed the app started it again and it froze on the load screen. This was Saturday afternoon. Contacted support submitted a ticket. Late Sunday early Monday it loaded on nimbus, not space which seems to be the devs quickfix. Like an idiot I tried to just hammer through the last 3-4 missions and got stuck again. Idk if you guys fixed it for me the first time but if you could fix it now I promise I'll avoid nimbus until a proper fix is made.
    The bug is fixed for me. I was able to complete Nimbus III's final mission without issue and have moved on.