test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chronos-class Dreadnought

Can someone tell me why i can't buy this ship?

Comments

• hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    It's not still in the C-store?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    PC or console?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Do you have any open active ship slots? If no, dry dock or dismiss a ship.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Can someone tell me why i can't buy this ship?

From that information?

No, we can't.

What is the problem? Is it not there? does it tell you that you can't buy it? are you on the PC or console?

You have to help us help you.. there isn't nearly enough information here for anyone to help.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • chavyboi#3664 chavyboi Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    in the store it's saying your character cannot use this item and its pc
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    is the character you're trying to buy it on at a high enough level to do so?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    level 30 at this time
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    well, there's your problem: you need to be at least 40, maybe even 50, to purchase T6 ships​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Oh right thank you!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    54379303.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    When you're able to get it, you'll like it. I'm running a sci toon in one and she rolfstomps everything in it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Okay i'm level 40 still can't buy the ship
    edited July 2017
    Then you likely need to be lvl 50 to get it. Lvl 40 is the minimun for the T6 event ships.

Edit: Just looked at the ship on the wiki and it says it's a T6 Vice-Admiral ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Oh right okay thanks
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    When you're able to get it, you'll like it. I'm running a sci toon in one and she rolfstomps everything in it.

I can confirm this. The ship is awesome, the turn rate is phenomenal, the pets are fantastic, and the temporal mechanic is really good too. There really is no down side to it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    For my money that and the Arbiter are the top cstore fed cruisers to fly, wish they'd do faction specific skins/refits for that Temporal three pack.
    Oh right okay thanks

You're very welcome. Always glad to help :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    djf021 wrote: »

I can confirm this. The ship is awesome, the turn rate is phenomenal, the pets are fantastic, and the temporal mechanic is really good too. There really is no down side to it.

The only downside I have found is I just think it looks awful.

Of course, that's personal taste and not everyone will feel that way. The ship performs really well, but I'm a snob for Aesthetics so for me it's a cross faction admiralty card.

I know it's probably too late now, but I would recommend if you're going with the Temporal Ships, that you consider the 3 pack. The consoles are nice and using all 3 together gives you a really nice set bonus.

Just something to think about. I hope you enjoy your new ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    thanks guys i cant wait to get it
    Aesthetically, I thought they did look strange at first, then I guess I became accustomed to seeing them or my tastes changed. Regardless, I now find them not so strange or ugly. I did get the three pack, so my main runs that console set on his Eternal and my second main runs her Chronos with all three. It's definitely a nice set.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    You should run a diagnostic on your optical sensors.
    Of course, that's personal taste and not everyone will feel that way. The ship performs really well, but I'm a snob for Aesthetics so for me it's a cross faction admiralty card.

I know it's probably too late now, but I would recommend if you're going with the Temporal Ships, that you consider the 3 pack. The consoles are nice and using all 3 together gives you a really nice set bonus.

Just something to think about. I hope you enjoy your new ship.
    Yeah the set bonus is really nice. Also, the way the three pack works is like a buy 3 for the price of 2 thing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User

Especially when you use shield visuals that only cover half the ship.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yeah the set bonus is really nice. Also, the way the three pack works is like a buy 3 for the price of 2 thing.

The Temporal 3-pack is a better deal than most 3-for-2 packs because every character you have gets three ships, regardless of faction, while most packs just give one ship per toon. Admittedly, not every character can do well with all three, but they have excellent Admiralty cards that counter some of the more difficult random modifiers.

Personally, the dreadnought is my least favourite of the three. It's a good ship if you want something big and powerful, but it's so big that the camera gets wonky. Every time I entered a system, the camera clips through the front half of the ship and I get to stare at a hollow shell cruising in. Aside from that, it performs very well.
  • aleluya#3402 aleluya Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    The 31st century pack has the best value of all packs in the store.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!