test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Vor'cha...what would you be looking for in specs?

2»

Comments

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    orangeitis wrote: »
    icsairguns wrote: »
    orangeitis wrote: »
    And that's why it'll be different.

Way to miss the actual point of T6 ships! =p

and if it is too much of a departure from the old it wont be any good. Way to miss the point of people who actually Play KDF.

As a person who plays KDF myself, I can recognize that I have missed no point. Also, "any good" is subjective. Why should the rest of us care what you think is good or not?

You have a fed avatar and a fed banner at the bottom. you may play KDF but I ONLY play KDF. So no I do not respect you opinion in comparison to my perceived fact. Fact being that even thought this is an online game with many others around it plays like a single player game via story line. So my opinion is as valued to me as yours is to yourself and possibly any other feddy bear that thinks they play KDF just because they have 1 or even a few KDF toons.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• aleluya#3402 aleluya Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I would buy the T6 Vor'cha on day one regardless of stats. A sword is only as strong as the heart that wields it
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    > @goodscotch said:
    > Been thinking about what a T6 Vor'cha would look like. I've been enjoying the 5/3 configuration on my D7 Temporal Battlecruiser. Would be nice to see that on a T6 Vor'cha. Hull at lvl 60 would be 50k. Consoles would be 5Tac, 4 Eng, 2 Sci. Turn rate would be 10. Maybe...4 device slots. Bridge officers would definitely include a Universal, either Pilot or Command. Any release should have a Fleet T6 in mind.

My T5U is kicking butt and the prospect of a T6 makes me drool. I agree that it should have a 5/3 layout. It would stay in line with Klingon/Romulan ship design ideology of putting weapons forward. I like the T5U console layout. More hull and better shields with a universal specialty pilot boff station would be great. I can already turn on a dime.

The Vor'Cha is one of my favorite ships and I'm putting in serious resources for my Klingon to fly it.

If it's a damn lockbox or R&D ship, that's going to seriously TRIBBLE me off.
    Post edited by slifox#0768 on
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    There is also the fact that none of the ships T5 ships converted to T6 have not really been super-drastically changed in their core stats. The T6 stats were natural evolutions of what those T5U stats already were. The only drastic change was the Romulan Haakona getting a Plasma Lance when it got the T6 treatment. Even then, everything else was a natural evolution towards T6 for the ship.

Another example, if there was a converted Fed ship that could have really symbolized 5/2 weapon layout while still fitting the theme of the TV show, was the Defiant. It retained 4/3 from T5 and going into T6.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I'm thinking you'll see a new Vor'cha in the next 6 to 8 months when they release the next Specialization (and/or Victory is Life).

The speculation now is: what will they bundle it with?

The "Victory is Life" mega-pack? A cross-faction triple bundle?
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    redvenge wrote: »
    I'm thinking you'll see a new Vor'cha in the next 6 to 8 months when they release the next Specialization (and/or Victory is Life).

The speculation now is: what will they bundle it with?

The "Victory is Life" mega-pack? A cross-faction triple bundle?

I'd bet against it, but we're not allowed to gamble on the forum. Per the announcement, we'll be seeing "Skant" uniforms, an updated Galaxy class interior, some work on the Deep Space Nine map, and a colony world.

but the odds are strongly against an updated Vor'cha, and that's in part because they've shot their wad on what they could bundle it WITH. (the Tier Six Assault cruiser has two versions, one of which is a solo-release offering with intel seats.) If it were a Deep Space Nine bundle, the Defiant's already released with the Kor (T6 pilot B'rel), so no love there..

They bundled the T6 Dhelan with Fed and KDF original ships, so maybe that door isn't shut.Also, I'm guessing that 'Miracle Worker' Spec ships would be Engineering-heavy ships of some variant, which might fit with a Vor'cha. Who knows though, Cryptic likes living up to their name.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    > @goodscotch said:
    > Been thinking about what a T6 Vor'cha would look like. I've been enjoying the 5/3 configuration on my D7 Temporal Battlecruiser. Would be nice to see that on a T6 Vor'cha. Hull at lvl 60 would be 50k. Consoles would be 5Tac, 4 Eng, 2 Sci. Turn rate would be 10. Maybe...4 device slots. Bridge officers would definitely include a Universal, either Pilot or Command. Any release should have a Fleet T6 in mind.

My T5U is kicking butt and the prospect of a T6 makes me drool. I agree that it should have a 5/3 layout. It would stay in line with Klingon/Romulan ship design ideology of putting weapons forward. I like the T5U console layout. More hull and better shields with a universal specialty pilot boff station would be great. I can already turn on a dime.

The Vor'Cha is one of my favorite ships and I'm putting in serious resources for my Klingon to fly it.

If it's a damn lockbox or R&D ship, that's going to seriously **** me off.

turn rate. more fore weapons is less effective if you can't keep nose-on-target. For nose-on-target performance, you need inertial dampening and turn rate consoles (Science AND Engineering, the Sci consoles to help resist holds, the engineering to boost turn rate.) so following the tork's already extant layout is probably best. likewise, because it's a cruiser, you're more likely to see 2 sci, 4 engineering, and 4 tac for 10 consoles on the C-store version, with 5 engineering for the fleet version, with the same base layout in seating, possibly promoting the Lt Universal to LTC hybrid universal (Spec uni) as the shortest route to Tier six, and depending on the seat (NOT Pilot or Command) it can even be quite competitive with more 'advanced' designs-by making the Tork/Vor'cha more of what it already is, rather than something completely different.

I agree wholeheartedly! The D7 Temporal has a 5/3 layout and it really comes to life...ONLY IF YOU PUT IN CONSOLES THAT INCREASE THE TURN RATE. Otherwise, because it's still a battlecruiser with a slower turn rate, you're gimped. I threw in a Universal Console and upgraded it to Epic, Tachyokinetic Converter. That really brought the ship to life.

klingon-bridge.jpg

I'd bet against it, but we're not allowed to gamble on the forum. Per the announcement, we'll be seeing "Skant" uniforms, an updated Galaxy class interior, some work on the Deep Space Nine map, and a colony world.
    You seem to have confused the Season 14 announcement with the "Victory is Life" announcement.
    but the odds are strongly against an updated Vor'cha,
    I'm thinking you are wrong this time. I've got a good feeling about the next Specialization. I think we should wait and see.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    but the odds are strongly against an updated Vor'cha,
    I'm thinking you are wrong this time. I've got a good feeling about the next Specialization. I think we should wait and see.

Oh, I hope you get your Vor'cha, Goodscotch. :)

(though it will likely take me another 2 years to buy myself a new ship.
    It will take me that long to figure out these Pilot Maneuvers)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    An intel ship maybe with the same specs as the T6 Sovereign but quicker on the handling
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
      An intel ship maybe with the same specs as the T6 Sovereign but quicker on the handling

I really doubt an Intel variant will be forthcoming. The Archon (Intel Sovereign) didn't seem very popular, as I rarely saw one until the 'come back to us' style email giveaway, and the numbers have already dropped back down. Though, some of that may be due to the Vizer promo going sideways, making the full console set unreachable for those players interested in it. Also, like Patrick said, an Intel or Command Vor'cha would've likely been paired with either of those releases if they were going to.

The new Spec may be our best hope of getting a Vor'cha, so hopefully it's a good one, with either a solid outlier like Intel with Override Subsystem Safeties or is mostly composed of damage dealers and utility like Temporal is.
      tom61sto wrote: »
      The new Spec may be our best hope of getting a Vor'cha, so hopefully it's a good one, with either a solid outlier like Intel with Override Subsystem Safeties or is mostly composed of damage dealers and utility like Temporal is.
      The new Specialization is called "Miracle Worker". I don't think the new Vor'cha will have a Commander Miracle Worker seat. Probably LTCM Miracle Worker and LT Pilot. Maybe LT Intel.

edited August 2017
      or the T6 Vor'cha isn't coming, and we'll get some cross-factional thing, or even left out entirely with not even a token cross-factional thing.
      It's possible.

I still have a good feeling. With the "Miracle Worker" specialization, I'm thinking a T6 Vor'cha and T6 Nova are just around the corner (well, within the next 8 to 12 months. I think "Victory is Life" is next summer).
      reyan01 wrote: »
      I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think Miracle worker, which sounds Engineer focused, will be given to the Nova.

And it should be pretty clear by now that the Devs don't care about the Nova class.
      You need to stop drinking whatever @patrickngo is drinking.

We have not seen Miracle Worker. Engineers are tanky healers, but they also boost current and max power levels. I'm thinking there is lots of potential there. Stacking Emergency to Aux with, for example, I Need More Power to Aux might make your science magic nifty.

I'm certain they are holding back some cannon designs so they can bundle them with new Specializations. Don't give up on the Nova.
    • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think Miracle worker, which sounds Engineer focused, will be given to the Nova.

And it should be pretty clear by now that the Devs don't care about the Nova class.

We have not seen Miracle Worker. Engineers are tanky healers, but they also boost current and max power levels. I'm thinking there is lots of potential there. Stacking Emergency to Aux with, for example, I Need More Power to Aux might make your science magic nifty.

I'm certain they are holding back some cannon designs so they can bundle them with new Specializations. Don't give up on the Nova.

They are not. He's drinking the Blue version.
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
      so far, I've been 9 out of 10 for what Cryptic won't do regarding KDF ships. (that means out of 10 predictions, I've been right 9 times. The outlier is the Kor's very existence.)
      I don't doubt your experience, but I'm hoping you are wrong, in this instance. :smile:
    • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      Stats wise don't care. I just want it to be a T6 and can use the MU skin. I would prefer the KCU prefix butt I am not going to hold my breath.
      fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
      At this point i dont care, i just want one.
      0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      Are we there yet?
      where2r1 wrote: »

But it kinda makes both of them feel a bit blue, doesn't it?
      where2r1 wrote: »

so far, I've been 9 out of 10 for what Cryptic won't do regarding KDF ships. (that means out of 10 predictions, I've been right 9 times. The outlier is the Kor's very existence.)

I totally forgot that you predicted Gorn or Klingon T6 Science Vessels.

I didn't forget however that you predicted that BOPs wouldn't get Heavy Weapons.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.