What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

33% Lifetime Subscription Sale!

2»

Comments

• Options
    zorn2003zorn2003 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    when you go to check out it still shows $299. Where is the discount?
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    It looks like the sale may not have gone live as expected on console. We're looking into it.
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    DONT waste your money on LTS there are NO perks to having a LTS that spending the same amount of zen to unlock for your toon.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    A Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online is 33% off on all platforms from now until July 27th!

PC details:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10546163

Console details:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10546173

Any chance of doing a Lifetime Sub Buy Back? Will be happy to participate in it.
  • Options
    It looks like the sale may not have gone live as expected on console. We're looking into it.

I'm trying to get the LTS on PC not console and it still shows 299 at checkout.
  • Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Stupid arc 2nd log in system doesnt even recognise me or send my password out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    If they do that and don't offer it to everyone that already has a lifetime membership, you will hear holy hell from the existing lifers. Just look at all the LTS people that were upset when they moved to console and discovered that they no longer qualified for the stipend on the consoles.
  • Options
    helmerhelmer Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Do you get free lockbox opens with a lifetime sub?
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    helmer wrote: »

Absolutely not, helmer, I'm sure Cryptic appreciates those that commit with Lifetime subscriptions, hence why they get certain specific perks, but Cryptic still needs those players investing $ after the Lifetime purchase too & especially since STO it becoming more & more about the gambling of Lock Boxes & R&D Packs, at least it seems that way as of lately, having free openings of such would hinder the needed income for Cryptic.

Now if a Lifetime subscription allowed perhaps a # of oh so many free openings per month similar to the 500 zen stipend that could be an additional Lifetime reasonable perk.

• Options
    I'm not paying 299 for the LTS but I will pay 199 if they fix it. it still shows 299 at checkout.
  • Options
    zorn2003 wrote: »
    I'm not paying 299 for the LTS but I will pay 199 if they fix it. it still shows 299 at checkout.

So at least one person at Cryptic is aware that their sale didn't deploy properly so hopefully they'll get around to fixing it for anyone that is wanting to purchase it. I'll admit it is tempting, but I think a far better value if you are just starting or near starting out in STO compared to already being established. Perhaps Cryptic should reconsider when someone just begins playing STO, like after a player reaches level 10 or something, offering that player this offer then again Cryptic could do that for any sale but that would probably be more work compared to implementing sales the method they do now.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    No. But on PC (only PC) you get 500 Zen monthly which of course you could use to buy Master Keys.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kc0itf#1395 kc0itf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm a free-to-play player using facebook to login... how do I go about getting this lifetime offer? Or do I have to create a new account?
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Got mine about 2 weeks ago, not regretting it, yo. o:)<3
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    kc0itf#1395 kc0itf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm trying to get to a place where I can purchase this subscription but I can't get past the SECURE login screen!!! Do these people not want my money?

I guess I will just continue to be free-to-play... :(
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    For anyone in doubt, JUST DO IT ! ! !

It's worth every penny.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    Well if or when I ever purchase a Lifetime subscription it wouldn't be unless it is on sale.

Although I have 10 characters that are all level 60 now so if it was near the beginning I could definitely see more appeal.

Just like I highly recommend subscribing for even just 1 month while leveling a character since the perks you acquire are by far worth the pay.

Currently however 6 of my 10 characters are not receiving their +300 days subscribed exp bonus so I wouldn't want to shell-out even more $ until that gets fixed ... that's just foolish.

I'm going through Cryptic's process though & feel optimistic about them finding the error & fixing it so maybe in the future.

I'm not a Lifer & I think those Lifers should probably get a bit more perks compared to the likes of me & others whom are free to play & subscribed from time to time.
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Will the servers become more stable and my ships actually benefit from set skills if I buy the lifetime subscription?
  • Options
    spectrusregentspectrusregent Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    ... nice
    Just bought my lifetime 2 months ago. there's $100 down the drain...
    Thank you for your sacrifice.

On the plus side, that is 2 months extra you got to play with the lifetime rewards. Probably not worth 100$, admittedly.

The general recommendation for money-aware players of STO is to realize that everything will be on sale at some point. Lifetime, C-Store ships and other items and services, Lobi items, Zen. Wait for those times before you buy them. I think the worst case scenario is waiting half a year (maybe one year?) for the right type of sale. So if you buy without some of sale, know you do it because you want it now!

On sale where? Other than the AoY bundle, the only sales I've seen through the years are the 20%-off what's already in the C-store. Lobi used to be available in game but since 2013 it's only available from lockboxes and 15 lobi reward for replaying a mission, but you can only do once per day/account so you're still mostly stuck spending real cash to buy Zen to buy keys to open many, many lockboxes to accumulate 900 lobi for ships like the Kelvin-timeline dreadnought. :|

^^^THIS^^^
    I hit 60 on all my characters a few months after I bought my LTS in 2013 and soon realized this truth. 500 Zen a month doesn't help when new ships are primarily available in limited-time lockboxes with a less than 1% drop rate. Some like the Kelvin connie have never been seen again. These days I only log in to grind rep and with the thousands of marks I've got lying around it's not a grind. In a couple of weeks I'll be T5 in all of them so it looks like I'll only log on for the summer/winter events. New content is becoming less and less frequent and with bugs like half my away team always jumping down to the shaft to die in Brushfire only adds frustration.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I'm a lifer and love it, even got 2 kids to sign up years ago during a sale. Great ships and other rewards other than the Captain's Table which is still Wasted Space. But the real reason I'm posting is because of this: On the day of release you used the words "LAST CHANCE " Will there never be a Lifer sale again?
    Post edited by tarran61 on
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    kc0itf1986#1039 kc0itf1986 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I still can't get past the "SECURE" login screen... so even if I wanted the lifetime subscription (I DO!) can't get to where I need to purchase... :(
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    You get four. That's the number of keys you can get per month at the standard price, using the 500 zen you get each month.
    Post edited by qqqqii on