test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG Risa Master Relaxer Pavyl's Game accolades

xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
edited June 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Master Relaxer can't be completed on one of my chars. I can't find Pavyl to finish playing his games. Master Relaxer is required to purchases Risa VR DOFFs. I have 1/4 games completed (Catch me if touchan) for NPC Pavyl, but I cannot find him in his starting position, or any of the four finishing positions (in case I was in the middle of a game). I checked instances on other chars and he is standing in the correct place, but not for Drix@xelene13. I started his game last year before the new technical changes to Risa were made. I don't know if something has been lost in transition. If Master Relaxer/Pavyl accolades need to be reset for me to make progress that is fine. I just hope this can be done before the event ends. Thanks.

char: Drix@xelene13
PC
Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,489,639

Post edited by xelene13 on

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I noticed that the location pavyl is for the accolade gorilla in the mist if a bit hidden as he is sitting down under a few bushes and with the lighting 2.0 you have to be almost on him to see the interact glow. Which of the accolades are you on?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I had no problems finding Pavyl's starting location and all his hide and seek quests for my Temporal Recruit and a new character I created this year. I actually just completed them about 30 minutes ago for both characters.

The only things preventing these two characters from completing Master Relaxer is practicing the Mok'Bara; the Klingons are missing from the Risa map, and witnessing the argument between the Klingon and Trill.
  • Options
    I was able to complete Master Relaxer this year on several other chars. The locations, even if slightly hidden by shrubs are well known. Drix has all other Master Relaxer requirements met including Mok'Bara. There is something glitching here.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/7SJ_kNzg4X0
    Here's a video of me at Pavyl's starting location and at all of the end points for the his games, at the end I show the accolades in progress and received.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Mok'Bara Klingons show up on the :30 at the Arch. Seems that it depending on your Time Zone whether it's an odd hour :30 or even hour :30. They only show up for about 10 to 15 seconds so you must interact swiftly. You should be prepositioned on the ground and click quickly.

The Klingon and Trill do show up just outside the Floater Vendor Hut on the Boardwalk near the Event Coordinator. They seem to also show up at the :30 but may be the alternate hour that the Mok'Bara Klingons show up for you.

Pavyl is on the Beach in his normal location. He gives you a Puzzle and immediately goes to the location, you go there, interact, and you've got that Puzzle under your belt. You can immediately go back to the beach where Pavyl is, get another Puzzle, etc. You can complete this fairly quickly. The Puzzle locations you can find by searching on the Internet, if you don't already know them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Mok'Bara Klingons show up on the :30 at the Arch. Seems that it depending on your Time Zone whether it's an odd hour :30 or even hour :30. They only show up for about 10 to 15 seconds so you must interact swiftly. You should be prepositioned on the ground and click quickly.

The Klingon and Trill do show up just outside the Floater Vendor Hut on the Boardwalk near the Event Coordinator. They seem to also show up at the :30 but may be the alternate hour that the Mok'Bara Klingons show up for you.

Pavyl is on the Beach in his normal location. He gives you a Puzzle and immediately goes to the location, you go there, interact, and you've got that Puzzle under your belt. You can immediately go back to the beach where Pavyl is, get another Puzzle, etc. You can complete this fairly quickly. The Puzzle locations you can find by searching on the Internet, if you don't already know them.

Pavyl is missing, read the OP, reference the video
  • Options
    kevinm1701akevinm1701a Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am having the same bug is there a way to reset the quest line for Pavyl or something he is just gone on my main character and I really would like to finish master relaxer
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm....I should check the Temp Recruit....she started her Master Relaxer last year.....never finished it. Hope she is not "stuck" like this.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    almonzoalmonzo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here, Pavyl is nowhere to be found on my main but all other characters can see him.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I think i got hit by that bug on my main, not quite sure, as i'll test it again tomorrow, i even went to the places he hides, to see if i acepted the mission once, but is not there, i'll update..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    You can do Pavyl in the off season but the Doff Vendor will not be there.

What level is this Character?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, affected by the same bug, Pavyl is missing... gone, lost, invisible... should i put his face n a milk box?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    For most of my characters, I was able to get the accolades for Pavyl (I kind of was too busy previous years), with him being on the beach as currently intended. One of my characters could see him, but I couldn't interact with him until I left the Risa map and returned.

But there is one character that can't see him, therefore can't interact with him at all. But twice I was able to see him with this particular character of mine while my character was in the middle of beaming out to go to the Tholian Red Alert using the PvE queue UI. Since I can't cancel the transport, I can't see if he would disappear again like (apparently) normal circumstances for this particular 'toon'.

My character was facing away from him each time,but because the transporter system in this game causes the camera to swing around to the character's front I got to see Pavyl as I beamed out. Like some kind of cheesy horror movie.

It's too late to get this fixed this year. So if it continues again next year, I'll resubmit the bug ASAP.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2020
    Seems this is still an unresolved BUG, I had the bonfire burning, but my character likely Started the Pavyl game prior to the Lighting 2.0 changes. I see the Firepit burning bright, and yet Pavyl is no where to be found. I know I likely did 1-2 of the quests prior to 2017 Lighting changes; just unsure what the GLITCH, toons that never did prior to Lighting change seem to have no issues. I've found Payvl on several just not my Main, and I've noticed in a rare situation, one of my toons likely created in 2016 find's Pavyl, just can't Interact with him

ISSUES SUMMARY:
    1. Some toons that may have started Pavyl Seeker quests on RISA prior to Lighting 2.0 changes, may have issues either finding Pavyl; or
    2. Toons that hadn't run the Pavyl Seeker quest prior to 2017 Lighting 2.0 may be unaffected; but the timing is depending upon when player first ran the quest -- as best devised or thought out by players.

@ambassadorkael#6946

Hopefully this gets some attention and corrected. <3
    I am having the same bug is there a way to reset the quest line for Pavyl or something he is just gone on my main character and I really would like to finish master relaxer

Pavyl will presents 1 of 2, you see Bon-Fire's burning at Night but no Pavyl, despite not having done all accolades. Or you will find him.

An older logged BUG I found, yet since it still unresolved, rather than OPEN a new one; wanted to show timing of when first reports started.

02g9k0u.png
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    due to new lighting features, day night visuals is gone from Risa, but in game it still exists... the fire pots will be lit when it is "night". if you go to the beach and the NPC is not there... chances are the fire pots are lit and it is "night" time. change maps and try again or check back once the fires are put out.
  • Options
    I just completed this on one of my Characters a few weeks ago. That Character had only the first one of Pavyls games completed and that was from years ago. He was there on the beach, he was in his hiding locations.

While I had or completed the other parts of 'Master Relaxer', after I completed the second of his puzzles, the 'Master Relaxer' completed. It would seem that if Pavyls stuff is the last you need to complete, it will do so after the second. It has been so since Lighting 2.0 implemented.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2020
    tigeraries wrote: »
    due to new lighting features, day night visuals is gone from Risa, but in game it still exists... the fire pots will be lit when it is "night". if you go to the beach and the NPC is not there... chances are the fire pots are lit and it is "night" time. change maps and try again or check back once the fires are put out.

I realize, in both Scenarios you can see the Fire Pots are burning as the above picture shows.

The problem like the original poster in this thread, is my MAIN can't find him for some reason, despite having not finished the quests.

My other female toon shown above is standing at the exact same place, but she's done all the quests so Pavyl is always there.

I just can't find Pavyl on my main, who likely started before the Lighting 2.0 changes.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png