test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Dragon's Deceit: Missing Galik & The Zip Line Bug

admiralwuffadmiralwuff Member Posts: 42 Arc User
Currently, The Dragon's Deceit is a broken. Galik does not appear after Eldex spots you & calls him. Evidence points to the mission objectives not advancing although the map components of it might be skipping the fight with Galik. There's a green marker circle where the chandelier falls & you have your first conversation with Eldex. There's also a possibility that Galik's spawn instance may have fallen through the map or he's just underneath the floor as I go to Red Alert periodically when I'm in the area.

The zip line bug is back. The zip line effect triggers again after the initial zip line action, going beneath floors to connect to two points somewhere on the map space. Traversing & rappelling will erase this bug, but zip lining a second time will usually cause it to happen again. This bug will happen intermittently, often not triggering if you beam out of the mission & go back in. Whether it happens a third time or if the mission is dropped & picked up again, is up to chance.

I was playing a male Federation Human tactical officer at level 60 at the time. My GPU is a Sapphire Radeon R9 295x2 & my CPU is an AMD FX 8350 Black Edition. Currently running the game on DirectX 11.

Please Fix. This mission is too fun to leave broken! :-)

Galaranth@Galaranth

Comments

• Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Same here. Stuck too. Ticket ID #4,487,477.

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I am currently playing this mission now. The ziplines protruding from your character is a bit distracting, but no game breaking, and at least for me, they ultimately disappear.

As for Galik... He appears during the cutscene, however once it ends and combat begins Galik disappears. Fortunately for me the character I am using to play the mission is an engineer. Just prior to the cutscene, I deployed quantum mortars which apparently are able to target Galik and kill him. Therefore, I am able to continue the mission. Not sure what would have happened if I had not deployed the mortars.
  • Options
    deadr47deadr47 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Galik spawns under the map directly below the player.

I played the mission as Klingon, force-verified, and attempted multiple times.
  • Options
    meadowvale#0505 meadowvale Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same issue with Galik disappearing at end of cutscene. Ticket ID # 4,487,301.
    Since I'm playing as an engineer I'll try jaguarskx work-around.
  • Options
    admiralwuffadmiralwuff Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    deadr47 wrote: »
    Galik spawns under the map directly below the player.

I played the mission as Klingon, force-verified, and attempted multiple times.

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate the research. :-)
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I found that I was able to workaround the bug with Galik by summoning my Echo Papa drones near Galik. Though I couldn't reach him for combat, the drones were able to. Took two cycles of drones to defeat him, but it worked and I was able to proceed.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg