test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 5/25/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 5/25 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    Was kind of hoping today would be skipped after the extensive maintenance earlier, but bug fixes are a good thing.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    proudmore001#2650 proudmore001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I installed this game yesterday, and since then all it has done is Patch, I don't get any info on how long it will take to patch nor does it give me a % on how far it has patched, can anyone give me any ideas as to what to do now, as I cant play until the patch is complete
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Wrong bit of the forum, but we'll forgive you. Just this once mind you, next time it's the airlock :)

The install only loads the launcher and base game files, the game's about 32Gb total once it downloads all the expansions and what have you, so that might give you a rough idea. Haven't launched via Arc for a while, but I thought there was a completion counter on the games library page ?
  • Options
    neorophneoroph Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 25 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

Just a quick reminder: it's May.

"Known Issue: Joining a Red Alert from Sector Space is not grouping players with those that queue through the PvE queue UI. It’s recommended for now to only queue through the PvE UI for Red Alerts."

Uhm, I don't understand what this means. Ok, I know the 2 ways to join the queue, but I have no idea what happens if I join the queue via Sector Red Alert anyway. Does this mean it takes longer to get a group? Or... what happens? I had not noticed anything strange the last few days.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    neoroph wrote: »
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 25 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

Just a quick reminder: it's May.

"Known Issue: Joining a Red Alert from Sector Space is not grouping players with those that queue through the PvE queue UI. It’s recommended for now to only queue through the PvE UI for Red Alerts."

Uhm, I don't understand what this means. Ok, I know the 2 ways to join the queue, but I have no idea what happens if I join the queue via Sector Red Alert anyway. Does this mean it takes longer to get a group? Or... what happens? I had not noticed anything strange the last few days.

before something broke or changed - if you joined from space it would add you automatically to the queue that you could see by looking at the list. Now it doesn't. I think if there are 5 people joining from space it will still go but you are not added to the queue that others might join from the UI.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I installed this game yesterday, and since then all it has done is Patch, I don't get any info on how long it will take to patch nor does it give me a % on how far it has patched, can anyone give me any ideas as to what to do now, as I cant play until the patch is complete
    The launcher should be telling you as it's patching how far it's gone and how far it still has to go. And for maint you usually get a notice here and on the launcher when it will begin and end.

That usually happens, though sometimes they have to extend it if they have problems. I hope you enjoy the game when you can get into it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'm hoping that graphic issue is whats been causing my crashes in Dyson Battlezone. Haven't visited the zone in nearly a fortnight and one of my main hangouts to farm dil. So all fingers crossed
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    Ok now I am getting annoyed. This game has been "patching" for hours now. and there is no indication as to weather of not it is actually doing anything, I would expect to see "Patching......... followed by more blinking ............. and I get nothing, I know how these servers work as I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2005. I have been waiting for Star Trek to come out in game form for years. I am very disappointed that this game has done nothing but patch since I downloaded it yesterday. My computer is well up to all the specs and my firewall is letting it through. anyone any ideas please?
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    What does this part mean regarding the Mirror Event?:
    "Enemies clean up at the end of the Advanced version."
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    What does this part mean regarding the Mirror Event?:
    "Enemies clean up at the end of the Advanced version."

At the end of the first phase, any remaining enemies vanish together with the remaining rifts.
    It appears that this did not happen correctly for the advanced version.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    Have now uninstalled and reinstalled and it stops patching at 19% and then freezes, never to start again. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 5/25 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team

that's good but when are you going to fix the big issues. i.e. ships that fly backwards and PvEs that require 500,000 DPS or PvEs that require no DPS? among other things? BTW i am a lifer and love supporting this game.
  • Options
    herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    @proudmore001,
    Patches are scheduled every Thursday and last 2-3 hrs. If additional work is needed other maintenance periods are scheduled. Maintenance notices are posted on the STO launcher, in STO forums, on Facebook, on Twitter and on the ARC portal.

When the server status light in the top left of the launcher turns from red to green, then you can play. Otherwise the server is on maintenance. There is also a message on the launcher just above the <engage> button letting you know the duration of a maintenance window.
    E.g., "We will be performing shard maintenance on April May 25 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

If the game is actively patching you should see something like 356Kb of 11.2Gb downloaded. There will be pauses as files are installed and further patches are downloaded. Depending on your connection this could take 2-6 hours the first time you press the play button.

Hopefully the above helps.
    Enjoy your game (once it finishes downloading).

You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • Options
    herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    @johnnyray14,
    "Enemies clean up at the end of the Advanced version." -- probably indicates the game will delete any remaining enemies once the final "boss" is defeated and the session ends. This may have been causing problems with ending the session. I never noticed a problem on Advanced, but perhaps this more of a programming clean up.

Of course the other logical explanation would be that the Mirror Universe crews would now remove any cups, glasses and snack trays from your gaming area ... but only for players on Advanced difficulty ;)

You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • Options
    tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Proudmore if your doing things on your pc like surfing the web or downloading other content it can disrupt the download for sto. My advice is download it overnight or check it every 10 minutes and close and reopen the game portal if it stops progress. The good news is, that in most cases your full download will work even if you have to download it in 10+ tries/segments.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    @proudmore001, I would head to support.arcgames.com and check with them. They should be able to help.

Maintenance is now complete, thanks for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.