test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Survivor Rewards Week 1

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
Find out the rewards you can receive this week from playing our new Featured Episode: Survivor!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10458583-survivor-rewards-week-1

Comments

• wildstar9912wildstar9912 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Gotta love that little cameo at the end and the call back to the final scene in "Yesterday's Enterprise".
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    Arrrrrgh! More Romulan Ground Gear without a costume unlock!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Disappointing that there's no cool Romulan themed space munitions set like Feds and Klingons have gotten from featured episodes. Do you guys have an aversion to plasma sets or something?
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    First the Stealth Module was nerfed to oblivion, now it's given some boosts with this.

"A person with these armaments could easily slip in and out of civilized life and move undetected for years" Right, so is that why personal cloak went from unlimited to a short cool-down worthless ability outclassed and made redundant by other kits?

Also, no Romulan costumes again since the last time Romulans received a ground kit.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Isnt this set kind of useless for SCi and ENG toons.

Uhhh, I was thinking exactly the same.
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Isnt this set kind of useless for SCi and ENG toons.

The shield has an autocloaking feature. I assume the armor's cloaking boost is based off of that.

As for the rewards, the week one rewards seem underpowered compared to their Romulan Navy counterparts (thought the ambush thing might compensate, that will have to be investigated) and polaron is a pretty boring energy type. Something like a Plasmatic Polaron might be interesting, and certainly more Romulan. And yes, a costume unlock of some sort would be appreciated.
  • otherregotherreg Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Data!!!
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Going to have to agree that having a plasma based space set would have been much better. While I'm not going to write off the ground set immediately it seems far less useful in terms of just general play than the Rom Navy set and even with Tac captains being able to double dip with the nerfed stealth module it doesn't seem to be all that amazing in terms of beating out other sets. I think I get the intent behind the set, but in the future it should probably wait till more gaps are filled in requested equipment, like a quest based space plasma set with a unique effect, instead of trying to push something out that someone internally found interesting.
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yawn. Wake me when there is a plasma based omni beam reward.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Did I miss something? It looks like the blog page tells you what the multi-piece bonuses for the set are, but no stats for the individual pieces.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Matthew Campbell! FANTASTIC!! THANK YOU!! This is EXCELLENT! ROMULAN LOVE!!
    Romulan Operative Personal Shield and the Romulan Operative Combat Armor.
    In addition, the first completion of this mission on an account this week will grant a Featured Episode Weekly Reward Box. This box gives your choice of an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade or a Captain Specialization Point Box, which gives the character who opens it a Specialization Point.
    The Weekly Reward Box, Tech Upgrade, and Specialization Point Box are all Bound to Account, and may be freely traded between your characters.
    REQUEST :
    gwGZBOH.png
    T6 HAAKONA ASSAULT WARBIRD / T6 KARA HAAKONA ASSAULT WARBIRD and T6 FLEET VERSION PLEASE !!eqWdqfM.pngImage [ HAAKONA ASSAULT WARBIRD / KARA HAAKONA ASSAULT WARBIRD ] by @thetanine
    Post edited by thetanine on
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I guess this brings closure to the whole Sela ordeal, may this be the last and final time we see that miracle worker con the universe.

Nice touch on the cameo, as well as the homage to Tasha Yar final moments in TNG - Season 1 Episode 23 entitled "Skin of Evil."

Link to Tasha Yar's original death ->From Armus with LOVE

One question though regarding the cameo -> I thought that the Enterprise NCC 1701 E was lost in the vastness of space? Does that mean we get to find out what happened to the Sovereign class Enterprise in the upcoming featured episodes?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Did I miss something? It looks like the blog page tells you what the multi-piece bonuses for the set are, but no stats for the individual pieces.

Tooltip displays in-game.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Episode was fun to go through once for each toon but repeatedly is kinda meh to me since I don't ground much. Even then I have different tastes from these pieces.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    ... While I'm not going to write off the ground set immediately it seems far less useful in terms of just general play than the Rom Navy set and even with Tac captains being able to double dip with the nerfed stealth module it doesn't seem to be all that amazing in terms of beating out other sets...
    It's pretty terrible.

The defense values are comically low on the armor and the shield is +20 Phaser resist. The individual pieces are fairly gimmicky; the shield requires you to get hit to proc it's short-term cloak effect.

The Polaron Compression Pistol better be game-breakingly amazing to make up for the terrible stats on the armor and shields. Like, hand-held boolean cannon amazing.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

Tooltip displays in-game.

Oh, I knew that, I just thought that the blog detailing the rewards should actually give the details of the rewards. Pretty useless blog post otherwise.

And speaking of useless: a Romulan ground set with a Polaron weapon. Who thought that made sense for set created by and for a race with a Plasma damage bonus trait? I hope they change that before the weapon goes live next week.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    -- On paper, the armor seems like a downgrade but I'll give it a try later. And yeah.. ROM wise, I'm a great fan of their Plasma-Hybrid types. It was a smoking theme.. also, I _think_ its the weapon type that pop't off the Weapon-Hybrid system, no ?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    vnexus wrote: »
    -- On paper, the armor seems like a downgrade but I'll give it a try later. And yeah.. ROM wise, I'm a great fan of their Plasma-Hybrid types. It was a smoking theme.. also, I _think_ its the weapon type that pop't off the Weapon-Hybrid system, no ?
    Nah that was the ancient disruptor-plasma beam from the story missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg