What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - APRIL 6, 2017

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170405a.2

New Feature:
  • War Game Scenario - Core Assault:
  • This is a new style of queue where players train against the environment and themselves in a in a cross faction 5v5 space War Game Scenario.
  • Captains will race starships and complete challenges through a station in the Adelphous System .
  • For Tribble only, this queue will have no cooldown.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more details, please visit the Core Assault blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10457082-war-games-scenario:-core-assault

General:
  • Delta Quadrant Mission Changes:
    • Removed the Kobali Adventure Zone missions from the mission journal and replaced with three wrapper missions titled Kobali Crisis Act I, II, III, that contain the removed missions.
    • Delta Patrols are no longer required for mission progression but do remain in game.
    • Experience requirements from levels 50-60 have been significantly lowered.
  • Updated the window which appears when opening a Lock Box.
    • This is still a work in progress.
  • The Progress tab of the Status UI now shows players their current amount of Fleet Credits and their Lifetime Fleet Credits Earned total.

Systems:
  • Resolved an issue where the Multi-Spectral Particle Generator was not applying damage buffs properly.
  • The Multi-Spectral Particle Generator set bonus is now treated as exotic damage.
  • Drain Infection's damage has been increased relative to its current Tribble state.
  • Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints can now be used while unequipped.
  • The Bridge Officer Abilities Torpedo High Yield and Torpedo Spread can no longer be activated while the player has a Torpedo High Yield or Spread available to fire, or if the player has fired a torpedo as a High Yield or Spread within the last 5 seconds.
  • The Bridge Officer Abilities Torpedo High Yield and Torpedo Spread once again upgrade your next attack within 30 seconds.
  • Resolved an issue where Surgical Strikes showed an incorrect damage multipler for ranks 2 and 3.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the Regeneration from the Protomatter Capacitor Starship Trait to not scale with Hull Regeneration. This is a tooltip change only.
  • Resolved an issue that would cause shield regeneration to fluctuate while cloaked.
  • Go Down Fighting can once again be used while continuity or invincible are available to save you from dying
  • Go Down Fighting now only lasts 15 seconds once activated, but has a much shorter cooldown
  • Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power.
  • Deflector Overcharge has been removed from the game.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented Rock and Roll from providing a damage immunity.

Known Issues:
  • Bridge Officers who were trained in Subnucleonic Beam can no longer train new Science Bridge Officer abilities.
  • Captains who previously had Deflector Overcharge will need to retrain skills to regain access to Subnucleonic Beam
    • Captains who are freshly copied to Tribble should not have this problem.

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    "Go Down Fighting can once again be used while continuity or invincible are available to save you from dying"

Why?

Surely this is OP and an exploit that needed fixing, so why unfix it?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power.
    Deflector Overcharge has been removed from the game.

Damn, what's the reason for this? I've never found SNB to be a particularly useful power (PVE) and I was very much looking forward to DO as a more focused sci buff (helping that profession out of the grab-bag spread of its current captain powers.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User

Systems:
    • Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power.

Since this is being removed, Are there plans to adjust the science powers that got nerfed because that ability was making them overperform? Or is the plan to leave it as is and nerf science altogether?
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    "Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power."

Yay I can keep my sub nuke!!!1 Great move.....it was a $%^&# to find a way to fit sub nuke on my build

I have a feeling it is not "Removed from game" but more likely a 3pc bonus set Ability. they did say the new Rep is career specific gear
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    "Go Down Fighting can once again be used while continuity or invincible are available to save you from dying"

@crypticspartan#0627, As a wise doctor once asked: "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?". In PVP, this is pretty much the most broken mechanic in desperate need of a serious fix to guarantee some semblance of balance. The abuse of GDF w/ LDE, Continuity & Invincible, as well as the near constant uptime granted by Attrition Warfare makes even the most mediocre Tac captain virtually unkillable while in a Battle Cloak-equipped ship.

This was fixed. Please do not unfix this.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    vampeiyre wrote: »

@crypticspartan#0627, As a wise doctor once asked: "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?". In PVP, this is pretty much the most broken mechanic in desperate need of a serious fix to guarantee some semblance of balance. The abuse of GDF w/ LDE, Continuity & Invincible, as well as the near constant uptime granted by Attrition Warfare makes even the most mediocre Tac captain virtually unkillable while in a Battle Cloak-equipped ship.

This was fixed. Please do not unfix this.

Could not say any better.

The whole reason for these changes was to give some semblance of balance to this game, and then they roll back the most OP of them all.

SMH....

Edit: Just thought of a compromise, only one Tactical captain can use GDF in a team, at a time?
    Post edited by sunfrancks on
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Thanks guys, I think that the gdf change is good, the reduction in uptime is good and maybe the overall dmg% should be decreased slightly aswell. There were 1v1 matches where I was fighting my friend which is an Eng and as a tac I couldn't even proc his continuity since the buff to miracle worker, also to note the eng was running minimal heals and I still have to maintain strong heals in order to stay alive.

Can I suggest a change to the way continuity/invincible works. Make it an optional, can use either but not both, most players will have difficulty fighting other players that use both, not to mention the added survivability that placates and tac retreat give.

And since we all got a dmg nerf overall would it not make sense to do the same with heals, even by say 10% ?

Thanks
  • Options
    justalittleperiljustalittleperil Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Boo. I was hoping this would allow sci captains to out exotic tacs. If you are going to get rid of this, you should make apa and gdf not effect exotic damage.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Experience requirements from levels 50-60 have been significantly lowered.

Not needed. I'm disgusted someone actually uses work time to play with those numbers

It's certainly needed. That change compensates for what was listed just above.
    Removed the Kobali Adventure Zone missions from the mission journal and replaced with three wrapper missions titled Kobali Crisis Act I, II, III, that contain the removed missions.
    Delta Patrols are no longer required for mission progression but do remain in game.
    So players generally finish the DR arc where they need to be to access later levels (if they stick with required episodes only, which some players certainly do.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Not all that enthusiastic about the removal of Deflector Overcharge. I liked the idea of having a captain ability that I could use in the majority of PvE content in the game and wasn't extremely situational.

So, Attack Pattern Alpha still buffs Exotic damage, and Subnuke is still mostly just for PvP.

So, we're back to where we were before (mostly), where Tactical outperforms everybody else.

bZsrYli.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    [*] Go Down Fighting can once again be used while continuity or invincible are available to save you from dying

If the objective of these updates were to reduce power creep and such this is NOT how to do it. This was/is one of the most extremely broken mechanics that has needed to be addressed for the longest amount of time. This honestly does not need to be a thing and this is coming from someone who primarily plays as tac. If you're really wanting to address power creep this something that does not need to be a thing.

[*] Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power.
    [*] Deflector Overcharge has been removed from the game.

Was looking forward to being able to use this on my non-sci captains for some experimentation. Sub nuc is a powerful ability for certain but one that's not used too terribly often. Would've much rather had deflector overcharge. Outside of pvp sub nuc is not the best ability to use in a pve scenario save for a very select few circumstances. Science can still do great damage but the Deflector Overcharge helped by giving them an extra tool in their kit to help maintain their damage and keep up with tac alot easier.

[*] Delta Quadrant Mission Changes:
    • Removed the Kobali Adventure Zone missions from the mission journal and replaced with three wrapper missions titled Kobali Crisis Act I, II, III, that contain the removed missions.
    • Delta Patrols are no longer required for mission progression but do remain in game.
    • Experience requirements from levels 50-60 have been significantly lowered.

Very glad the Kobali Adventure Zone missions are no longer required to progress. Also glad the Delta Patrols are no longer required either. Made that entire arc much longer than it had to be. I also despised being forced to do the Adventure Zone missions as imo they were not content I enjoyed. I didn't mind the zone itself, but I hated having to do an entirely new sub-arc before I could proceed the main arc.

The XP requirements for 50-60 have been needed to be adjusted for a LONG time now. 1-50 wasn't so bad while leveling but 50-60 was just gross having to level through. I may actually created a few extra toons now.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User

Why?

Surely this is OP and an exploit that needed fixing, so why unfix it?

Probably the new 15s duration, though I wonder what qualifies as a "shorter" c/d. Having it last a full minute was ridiculous, yeah.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User

Damn, what's the reason for this? I've never found SNB to be a particularly useful power (PVE) and I was very much looking forward to DO as a more focused sci buff (helping that profession out of the grab-bag spread of its current captain powers.)

Same, given the amount of damage being lopped off SSV/GW/DRB/etc. Granted, it couldn't make up the entire difference, but it helped.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    hajmyis wrote: »
    "Subnucleonic Beam is no longer a bridge officer power, and is once again a Science Captain Power."

Yay I can keep my sub nuke!!!1 Great move.....it was a $%^&# to find a way to fit sub nuke on my build

I have a feeling it is not "Removed from game" but more likely a 3pc bonus set Ability. they did say the new Rep is career specific gear

Yay Subnuke stays as a sci capt tool.
    I would agree we have not seen the last of deflector overcharge...

Now..Can we have the damage reflect cap for FBP raised to 100%-150% for level 1-3 (Instead of 50%-100% on tribble currently)? Given all the other hits this one took, that cant seem like an unfair upgrade does it?

Also..thankyou for the DRB damage upgrade and I eagerly look forward to Drain Infections damage update.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2017

This was fixed. Please do not unfix this.[/quote]

Sorry don't agree, gdf should be nerfed dmg wise but we should be allowed to use it at anytime nonetheless. and tbh I never had issues playing vs cloaked ships, it seems they are wrapping everything in wool so that players that get easily upset from losing don't rage quit ? I guess the rofl stomp of borg gives a false sense of power, no point in learning the game just make everything easy
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Not sure how I feel about the most recent GDF change, that said, making it similar in mentality to that of RSP might not be such a bad thing. As a science captain, I'm glad subnuke beam is staying a captain power but the wording doesn't make it clear whether it's going to have the same properties as on holodeck or if it's going to have the changes made earlier on Tribble, I'll have to test this later.

@crypticspartan#0627, I mentioned in the notes from the other day, Photonic Shockwave's disable time needs a buff, 3.2 seconds at over 300 control expertise (minus resists, which with the new skill tree are a lot cheaper than the old one) really isn't much time for a disable build to work with. It also doesn't scale at all with Aux power.

Also, Viral Matrix scaling on drain expertise rather than control makes no sense, could you look into this? It also doesn't scale at all on aux power.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Not sure how I feel about the GDF change, though maybe altering the function a bit while under the effect of a good day to die could help. Right now it seem that the buff to your damage is capped at being equal to what you would get at 50% hull at most, so maybe adjust that fact a bit more could be another avenue that would be able to balance it. Thought the change to the duration sounds quite good overall a change, yet how long do fights last an so how much of that buff duration is actually effective?

The removal of deflector overload is a bit sad, though nice to see sub-nuk back is good in some ways, most of all if we are going to see more enemies that need buff striping. What about giving/spreading out some of the buffs that could help science in the damage department thru out the other career abilities of science captains. Like maybe having sub-nuk cause your target, or maybe even targets near them, to take increased exoitic damage for a duration after being hit with the ability.

It is good to see that the durations on the torpedo abilities are returned to what they were before, but with the act that you have a five second internal cooldown.
    Post edited by asuran14 on
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Drag whoever's doing these changes out here. They're obviously unrelated to the game, and I think all of us need to have some "words" with them.

This is bloody unacceptable. I haven't seen flipflopping changes this hostile to what some random decided was "all the wrong ways to play" since a certain head of a certain other cryptic game declared blasters should be outdamaged, out-mezzed and outranged by everyone "because ranged damage is their defense".
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    [Unconstructive, inflammatory post removed]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    pyrogxmk3 wrote: »
    Drag whoever's doing these changes out here. They're obviously unrelated to the game, and I think all of us need to have some "words" with them.

This is bloody unacceptable. I haven't seen flipflopping changes this hostile to what some random decided was "all the wrong ways to play" since a certain head of a certain other cryptic game declared blasters should be outdamaged, out-mezzed and outranged by everyone "because ranged damage is their defense".

^^^ This. Ignore the vocal minority who complains that their unfair advantages have been taken away. There are three classes in this game, not just Tactical. Level the playing field so that skill rules, not the class that one picks on the starting screen.
  • Options
    sixoftwelvesixoftwelve Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    [Post breaking forum rules removed]
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    In the most technical of terms I agree to the changes with Kinetic Shearing. TECHNICALLY.

However this is only because a single trait should not be so completely and utterly critical to an entire playstyle. Most of what it offers SHOULD be baked into the weapons themselves, so that Omega Kinetic Shearing should not *NEED* to be effective to that degree which it was "toned down" from.

In practice though, quartering Shearing while doing nothing for the weapons* which it was supporting is a massive, unwarranted nerf. But apparently, anyone not playing both Tactical AND All-Energy was having fun wrong and the wrong needed to stop.

*let me correct myself; several things were done *TO* them in addition to what was done to shearing, so they're worse off than they've been in a long long time
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    If you honestly think Attack Patter Alpha and Go Down Fighting should be nerfed to that extent then you honestly have never played a tactical toon. Tac by nature has more damage potential type abilities than the other careers as that's what they're designed to do. Engineering has more defensive based powers and a great engineering tank in a mission can be nearly impossible to kill. Science is also great at throwing out alot of control and exotic abilities. Instead of crying purely for Tac to be nerfed, why not just buff science. It's obvious from your post you're not thinking of the whole picture.

I absolutely agree Deflector Overcharge should've been kept and imo is a very bad move on their part to remove it. Science can still do great damage, but the Deflector Overcharge was a nice little ability to help even out the field a bit more. If you honestly think you're going to be forced to use only one set of stuff then this also tells me you're not thinking outside the box either. Now I absolutely believe sci damage isn't always as consistent as tac, but the point is you still have some good tools to work with.

For the record I have toons of all 3 roles, sci, tac, and engineering. each of the 3 naturally has areas they excel at more than their counterparts, but you can still do great with any of the 3 in game careers.

I absolutely agree allowing a 0% GDF again and removing Deflector Overcharge was a step in the wrong direction, but calling them idiots and such doesn't help anyone.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator