test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else hearing moronic, infantile human male sound effects?

Last night when I played it was fine, but as soon I got in-game today, everything that I click on has the regular sound effects, but also a beep, boop, ding or any other TRIBBLE sound effect you can think of. If this is a normal part of the game, I don't think I can play it muted, so I guess all of the money I dumped into my account will be a waste because this is a game changer for me.

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    It's an April Fool prank by the devs
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      The game sounds fine to me as long as I remember to take my medication.
    • Options
      timchauvin#3617 timchauvin Member Posts: 85 Arc User
      jaguarskx wrote: »
      The game sounds fine to me as long as I remember to take my medication.

Maybe if I smoke some not-so-legal drugs it won't be so damned annoying.
    • Options

Did they at least give away to turn it off? Cuz I didn't see anything in the games options.
    • Options

Do you know for how long?
    • Options
      starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Did they at least give away to turn it off? Cuz I didn't see anything in the games options.

There is a button on the right side of the screen with a picture of a cassette tape that should turn off these sounds. It is by the button that turns off the Astrometric effects in the Sector map.
    • Options
      starkaos wrote: »

There is a button on the right side of the screen with a picture of a cassette tape that should turn off these sounds. It is by the button that turns off the Astrometric effects in the Sector map.

Thank you, was going to not play this evening because of those damned sounds.
    • Options
      kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
      starkaos wrote: »

Thank you, was going to not play this evening because of those damned sounds.

These days I applaud any game not going for april 1st stupidity like this. Such an embarrassing waste of time and don't find it funny at all. Even if it can be disabled bad enough knowing others could be hearing the character doing such sounds on their end.
    • Options
      thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
      I've just been able to view and listen to the posted vids as I won't be able to play again until early tomorrow morning, but in all the vids I can hear at least one girl voice having fun.
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
      I've just been able to view and listen to the posted vids as I won't be able to play again until early tomorrow morning, but in all the vids I can hear at least one girl voice having fun.

Yep, "zoom!" :)

• Options
      reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
      I checked it out. It is funny and doesn't bother me because I usually have the game audio muted anyway.
    • Options
      lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
      I LOVE these sound effects!
      I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
      My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
      Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    • Options
      salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      IMO, there should not have been an option to turn the sounds off.
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

there's several of them. Some of the bang/pow sounds you get in combat, and one version of the "engage" line.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
      I for one, and I am unanimous in this, like the AA.
      One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
    • Options
      nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
      Personally I was hoping they turned everyone's ships in to a rubbery ducky as well as the sounds.

hqdefault.jpg

The view outside ESD would have been great.
      Green people don't have to be.... little.
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

there's several of them. Some of the bang/pow sounds you get in combat, and one version of the "engage" line.

dont forget en-gag-e lol
    • Options
      byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
      Sure they didn't accidentally active in-game voice chat?
      oldracesbanner.jpg
    • Options
      arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
      How could anyone possibly miss that big A.S.S. button ?
      LTS and loving it.
      Ariotex.png
    • Options
      elishathorneelishathorne Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      Thanks devs. surprisingly funny aprils fool joke :) I salute you :)
    • Options
      warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      No, but I am hearing absolutely hilarious awesome sound effects. :lol:
    • Options
      thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
      edited April 2017
      Last night when I played it was fine, but as soon I got in-game today, everything that I click on has the regular sound effects, but also a beep, boop, ding or any other **** sound effect you can think of. If this is a normal part of the game, I don't think I can play it muted, so I guess all of the money I dumped into my account will be a waste because this is a game changer for me.

Reckon they'd give that fiver back Y'all got from your Gramma for your Eleventeenth Birfday if you asked them nicer?

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    • Options
      meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      "Zoom Zoom Zoom, Make my heart go
      Boom Boom! My Supernova Girl!"
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • Options
      gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
      I found it funny, but i tend to forget that some people think this game is real life or something...
      The forces of darkness are upon us!
    • Options
      jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
      I actually miss them now that they're gone
    This discussion has been closed.