exchange improvement suggestions

2»

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    advanced verification during selling. thnks for the idea.

No, it's more like visual verification since you need to look at the selling price you entered before posting.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the exchange, leave it be.

You're easily satisfied. The Exchange is a horrible and unwieldy monster! Very user unfriendly! You ever try to sell a pile of stuff there? It takes for-freakn-ever!

I wish there were a library of add-ons like WoW has for their stuff...
    I can scan their entire database, and have my tool-tip display the current low price to see if it's worth selling, and drag and drop to the sell window and it populates the sell price automatically (defaults to 5% less than current). I can sell 20 things there in the time it takes to sell 2 items in STO!

• Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I'd love to have the option to drag a stack of 20 items to the sale box and choose to provide a bulk price, have a bulk price automatically populated from a per unit price, or choose to have the whole stack as individual listings based on the per unit price I give to save doing them one at a time. Then a c-store purchase to increase the number of exchange slots per character. Make it so Ferengi characters get a 10% system refund on prices paid on the exchange as a compromise for making the commodities useless by making the fleet projects no longer require them. (That last point is not serious as people would be putting their hypos up for sale for 650 million and buying them with their Ferengi character to keep the ec difference as profit then sending back with their account bank)
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    The STO Exchange as it is means if you do not pay attention you might get burned ... buyer &/or seller.

That means I might make a mistake, which will suck, but that means a seller might make a mistake that I could take advantage of too if the timing is right.

Caveat Emptor.

I guess the safe-guard is the little box to click confirm.

I like shadowfang240's idea of having the commas appear as we are setting a price that would allow better distinction.

The idea to allow searching by: weapon modifiers is done somewhat already so to me not a real issue.

The idea for BOFFs' & DOFFs' traits searches is excellent, but I doubt Cryptic will ever invest resources to refine it, if they were going to do such they would have implemented it during the consoles releases I am guessing.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There are ways to improve the exchange, such as:

Better search options
    Removing the price limit
    Raising the EC cap
    Adding a tab to log sales instead of spamming your mailbox
    Adding a tab to pick up/relist expired items from instead of spamming your mailbox
    etc

Absolutely none of that price fixing nonsense. If you make mistakes buying or selling that's entirely 100% your fault.
  • Options
    implement the suggested changes would be much easier than adding additional menus into the system.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    with s13 a bit improvement thank you
    Post edited by garaks31 on